Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 21st, 2020, 11:58 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Here is the list I have created. Please give it a once over for me.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 13th, 2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old October 21st, 2020, 05:39 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Here is the list I have created. Please give it a once over for me.
man you spent a lot of work just to add all the units. Maybe I can add a base size column to my Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet
Old November 28th, 2020, 10:02 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 19th, 2021, 07:45 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How open would the SoV be to considering repaints of RotV squad figures? I’m currently designing a series of three Samurai unique heroes and the feedback that I have gotten on their designs so far has been quite positive. However, given the scarcity of suitable prepainted Samurai miniatures, I was hoping to repaint just the red portions of each of the Izumi Samurai in a different color to turn them into the three heroes. The fact that each figure would only need a single color applied to them should make the repaint fairly easy. For reference, I’ve included the current designs for each hero in the spoiler below. These are still relatively early in the design phase, so wording and designs are definitely subject to change, but I thought it would be good to at least get some idea of whether the SoV would consider repainted Izumi as the miniatures for any of these heroes before focusing too much more on playtesting.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; January 19th, 2021 at 08:39 PM.
Old January 20th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I suppose I would be amenable to repainted RotV figures. We've already crossed the repaint bridge, and RotV figures are probably still collecting dust in closets.
Old January 20th, 2021, 08:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I can't speak for the current SoV judges, but one of the earliest SoV admittees (not without some controversy, for other reasons) was a repainted Protector of Ullar.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 21st, 2021, 07:29 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I can't speak for the current SoV judges, but one of the earliest SoV admittees (not without some controversy, for other reasons) was a repainted Protector of Ullar.

Well to get the whole picture, you might probably want to add the precision that this was an exception mostly because it depicted a canonical hero mentioned in Thormun's journal, this way both giving a really nice design and filling a hole in Heroscape background.

Wanted to point this out, as this argument has been mentioned a lot of time in the past when people asked about repainted figures, thinking about the precedence of Tyrian's release.

But since then time has passed*, sooooo...

-----

* in french we have the expression "water flowed under the bridges"... does it have the same meaning in english ?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; January 21st, 2021 at 04:45 PM.
Old January 21st, 2021, 09:12 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I suppose I would be amenable to repainted RotV figures. We've already crossed the repaint bridge, and RotV figures are probably still collecting dust in closets.
I had an extra Orm's Return so I painted a Charros blue to make a Quahon.

Old January 21st, 2021, 09:59 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
in french we have the expression "water flowed under the bridges"... does it have the same meaning in english ?
It sure does! "Water under the bridge" is an expression in English, as well.

= =
Old January 21st, 2021, 02:53 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't particularly mind RotV repaints in principle (I'm sure that many of us have at least one extra set lying around), but as DanieLoche said, there are a few unique factors that made Tyrian fitting as an existing unit repainted. My understanding is that he was more available at the time (there has been pushback against a repainted Einar Imperium today, for example, because it wouldn't meet the availability goals of VC), the repaint is fairly simple, and he's an existing character from the lore who was stated to be a Protector of Ullar who joined Jandar. I also think that it's worth noting that the repaint isn't actually super important to do, since he's not very likely to be fielded with Protectors anyway (similar to how Sam Brown doesn't need to be repainted if you don't play him with 4th Mass).

On the contrary, Samurai support heroes are very likely to be fielded in the same army as the Izumi Samurai, so the repaint will be slightly more important. If it's proven to be an easy enough process to do, then I think that it's worth exploring, but it is worth noting that this would be a new step to a certain extent.

As a more personal gripe, I'm not a huge fan of using three Izumi sculpts to represent three different Samurai squads with their own unique aesthetics. It's not the end of the world, but one of the things that I like about the existing Samurai is that each has their own unique visual style. The Izumi squad figure with crossed swords doesn't really match the armor of either the Kozuke or the Tagawa, for example, so it would stand out as a hero "mirroring" them. But that's more directed towards this specific use case than the topic of RotV repaints in general. With the right design, paint scheme, and theme, I would probably be fine with a RotV repaint.
Old February 8th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Asking a question in my own thread: have we used any LOTR minis from their Combat Hex Game? I *think* the answer is no, but somebody asked me and I want to make sure I give the correct answer.

= =
Old February 8th, 2021, 01:45 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I don't particularly mind RotV repaints in principle (I'm sure that many of us have at least one extra set lying around), but as DanieLoche said, there are a few unique factors that made Tyrian fitting as an existing unit repainted. My understanding is that he was more available at the time (there has been pushback against a repainted Einar Imperium today, for example, because it wouldn't meet the availability goals of VC), the repaint is fairly simple, and he's an existing character from the lore who was stated to be a Protector of Ullar who joined Jandar. I also think that it's worth noting that the repaint isn't actually super important to do, since he's not very likely to be fielded with Protectors anyway (similar to how Sam Brown doesn't need to be repainted if you don't play him with 4th Mass).

On the contrary, Samurai support heroes are very likely to be fielded in the same army as the Izumi Samurai, so the repaint will be slightly more important. If it's proven to be an easy enough process to do, then I think that it's worth exploring, but it is worth noting that this would be a new step to a certain extent.

As a more personal gripe, I'm not a huge fan of using three Izumi sculpts to represent three different Samurai squads with their own unique aesthetics. It's not the end of the world, but one of the things that I like about the existing Samurai is that each has their own unique visual style. The Izumi squad figure with crossed swords doesn't really match the armor of either the Kozuke or the Tagawa, for example, so it would stand out as a hero "mirroring" them. But that's more directed towards this specific use case than the topic of RotV repaints in general. With the right design, paint scheme, and theme, I would probably be fine with a RotV repaint.
I do want to clarify that Sam Brown doesn’t need to be repainted even if you play him with 4th Mass. I (and others) just put a pair of the D&D stickers on his base to differentiate him. I’ll probably repaint him eventually, but that’s how I’ve done it for the last decade. I wouldn’t let a potentially complex paint job stop people from using the most readily available figures as customs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs