Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 27th, 2020, 11:28 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Casters of Valhalla

This was back in 2008/2009 before Mogrimm was out and Valguard still suffered pretty badly from Scottie Pippen syndrome. I ran 4x Romans + NGS + MBS and weird techy stuff like Izumi Samurai and Marcu/Ninjas to get more cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 28th, 2020, 12:04 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
This was back in 2008/2009 before Mogrimm was out and Valguard still suffered pretty badly from Scottie Pippen syndrome. I ran 4x Romans + NGS + MBS and weird techy stuff like Izumi Samurai and Marcu/Ninjas to get more cards.
How good was MBS in HotB? I honestly think I may rather just have both NGS and Valguard, and I’m not convinced on NGS over Valguard either.
Old August 28th, 2020, 12:06 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
How good was MBS in HotB? I honestly think I may rather just have both NGS and Valguard, and I’m not convinced on NGS over Valguard either.

Warriors of Ashra were a popular build, so having a little bit of range or a special attack was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 28th, 2020, 12:22 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post

Warriors of Ashra were a popular build, so having a little bit of range or a special attack was good.
Gotcha, makes sense.
Old August 28th, 2020, 09:04 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Back in the day Heat of the Battle allowed you to start engaged which made WoA nuts. I think they're clearly the best build in that ruleset. They maintained a little popularity once the rules changed and they're still solid. But 10th Regiment are one of the best choices in the current ruleset and they get destroyed by 10th.
Old October 15th, 2020, 10:19 AM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

@OrcElfArmyOne Enjoying the podcast, keep up the good work!

QUESTION (after listening to Entry 8 about ‘behind the scenes at GenCon’): is the GenCon Heroscape crew open to, or actively seeking, more terrain sets for the annual tournaments so that different/more involved maps can be used? If so (and if it’s logistically possibly, such as storage and transport), would you be open to terrain donations...or have you considered spending some of the tournament proceeds on that?

Thanks!
Old October 15th, 2020, 11:05 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post

QUESTION (after listening to Entry 8 about ‘behind the scenes at GenCon’): is the GenCon Heroscape crew open to, or actively seeking, more terrain sets for the annual tournaments so that different/more involved maps can be used? If so (and if it’s logistically possibly, such as storage and transport), would you be open to terrain donations...or have you considered spending some of the tournament proceeds on that?

Thanks!
Thanks for listening and the kind words!

I’d send a PM to @lonewolf , as that’s way above my pay grade* .

Last edited by OEAO; October 15th, 2020 at 11:06 AM. Reason: *no, I’ve never received any money... Ken really should start paying me...
Old October 15th, 2020, 11:56 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post

Thanks!
PM sent
Old November 15th, 2020, 10:13 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...nlinecon-recap

Join Mike, Ken, Cody, and Vegietarian18 as we discuss competitive Death Chasers builds and recap OnlineCon. What bad figure does Cody love this time?

Sorry for the delay on getting this (and the next one) out. Law school is eating up most of my time. I hope to have the next one up by the end of the year, and we'll record a bunch more over my winter break.
Old November 16th, 2020, 02:25 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hiding Chasers

I'm probably the person y'all are remembering didn't orc battle rush. The reason was something unlikely to show up again. It was a draft game so chasers were one part of my army (and I had no Raelin). The map was fire isles which is tiny and my opponent had range that could hit chasers that were even just barely out of my start zone. My opening rush was going to be with units that are particularly good against range. I don't expect to ever make that decision again but it was the perfect confluence of events to make a chaser rush a bad idea. Good podcast though. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

~Dysole, looking forward to more in the future
Old November 16th, 2020, 04:02 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Re: Hiding Chasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I'm probably the person y'all are remembering didn't orc battle rush. The reason was something unlikely to show up again. It was a draft game so chasers were one part of my army (and I had no Raelin). The map was fire isles which is tiny and my opponent had range that could hit chasers that were even just barely out of my start zone. My opening rush was going to be with units that are particularly good against range. I don't expect to ever make that decision again but it was the perfect confluence of events to make a chaser rush a bad idea. Good podcast though. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

~Dysole, looking forward to more in the future
Thanks for sharing! That's really interesting, and it definitely seems like the correct choice in that scenario. Glad you enjoyed it!
Old November 16th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I'm looking forward to the episode where Cleon's Swogs go head to head with my chain fighters.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion