Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 29th, 2016, 02:00 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I did end up ordering both core sets. I am now considering ordering one small expansion for each faction (Rebel and Imperial), per @MegaSilver 's advice. I would love to get something like the Millennium Falcon, Slave I, Aces, Most Wanted, etc. But they are too expensive right now. I considered Most Wanted instead of the two small expansions. But I figured that one expansion wasn't enough for that faction and I would then have three incomplete factions. So I was thinking..

1x B-Wing (Rebels)
1X TIE Interceptor (Imperials)

Would this be a good choice to go with the core sets? I would love some suggestions before I purchase. (small expansions)

p.s. When searching for TIE Interceptor is see two different models depending on the site. A black one and a white one. Are there actually different models this ship?

Black

White
The Interceptor single expansion ship is gray, like the other stock TIE ships from the original trilogy era. There are two alternate paint schemes in the Imperial Aces set, a gray interceptor with red stripes and an all red royal guard interceptor.

I like both the ships you mentioned. They are both fun ships to fly and can compliment the core ships well, in my opinion.
Old May 29th, 2016, 03:41 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
but you will quickly want to get quite a bit more.
Hah! You see, THAT is the part that I am worried about.

I have about $40 bucks that I intended to spend to expand my small Heroscape set. But then I saw this post and watched a Youtube gameplay video for this game. It looks REALLY cool and like a lot of fun.

Now IF I was to get a core set, you recommend getting the Most Wanted pack? That would be better than getting both core sets?
You'll want to make sure you get at least one core set before getting most wanted, otherwise you won't be able to play 0.0

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old May 29th, 2016, 05:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

1 B-Wing and 1 Interceptor sound like a great addition to the core sets.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 30th, 2016, 01:11 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Well the sale has ended. Some ships are still on sale but not nearly as cheap. Unfortunately I didn't get my other two ships ordered in time. I wonder how rare sales like that are for X-Wing.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 31st, 2016, 07:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@keglo , check amazon. I see deals on there quite often

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 31st, 2016, 08:10 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@keglo , check amazon. I see deals on there quite often
Thanks @TREX . It turns out that I'm going to get my extra TIE Interceptor and B-Wing after all.

After I ordered the two core sets from CoolStuffinc I sent them an email asking, If I order a couple more expansion packs, could they combine it with my first order so that I might save on shipping. I didn't hear from them before the sale ended and they sent me a tracking number for my core sets.

But I had an email from them first thing this morning. I told them nevermind because my order has already shipped and that the sale was over. He emailed me back stating that my order had not yet been shipped and that they would give me the items at the sale price and they would take care of the rest. So they did, and didn't charge me any more for shipping.

This is my first dealings with Coolfstuffinc. So far I really like them.

I do also plan on keeping my eye on Amazon, Coolfstuffinc, and any other online places I can find that sell X-Wing.

Oh yeah @TREX , did you end up jumping in?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 31st, 2016, 08:18 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Fair warning about CoolStuff. I used to live near their first store. Never had any problems with them. Still order from them online occasionally, still no problems. In fact, they used to have a rating on the side of their site with many reviews that rated them 10/10 for a long time. However, once they started growing with more stores and a bigger online presence, I guess they didn't get so lucky with some of their new employees. Their rating started going down and they eventually removed it. I've heard multiple stories of the worst customer service from them. It's been a while, though, and I've still had no problems to this day though, so hopefully they've weeded out the idiots.* Either way, I'm glad you got good customer service, and glad you're getting into X-Wing (it's awesome!)!

*Though, to be fair, while I lived nearby they had signs in their windows banning "this jerk" and "that fat smelly guy" from their store, so maybe not the ...most tactful customer service from day 1.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 31st, 2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
*Though, to be fair, while I lived nearby they had signs in their windows banning "this jerk" and "that fat smelly guy" from their store, so maybe not the ...most tactful customer service from day 1.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Really? That's pretty harsh. I hope that they have improved. They certainly took care of me today. Assuming that I get my order with no problems.

Quote:
Either way, I'm glad you got good customer service, and glad you're getting into X-Wing (it's awesome!)!
Thank you. I have a bad feeling that I am going to like it too much.

Old May 31st, 2016, 08:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@keglo , no X wing for me yet. I'm still up on that fence. I just dropped 350 bucks on the Rum and Bones 2nd tide kickstarter. Another 113 bucks on the Darksouls kickstarter. I also picked up just about every major zombicide and zombicide Black plague box for over 300 bucks altogether, and I just picked up the latest Imperial Assault expansion box for Bespins gambit. Soooooooooooooo, My plastic addiction level is up there at about hmm. Meth user status. I may have to wait on Xwing for another week or two

EDIT: also, coolstuffinc has been pretty good to me, but has screwed up a handful of my orders from time to time and sent one game box to me a month or so late. I still like them ok and don't hold any grudges or hatred.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 31st, 2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@keglo , no X wing for me yet. I'm still up on that fence. I just dropped 350 bucks on the Rum and Bones 2nd tide kickstarter. Another 113 bucks on the Darksouls kickstarter. I also picked up just about every major zombicide and zombicide Black plague box for over 300 bucks altogether, and I just picked up the latest Imperial Assault expansion box for Bespins gambit. Soooooooooooooo, My plastic addiction level is up there at about hmm. Meth user status. I may have to wait on Xwing for another week or two

EDIT: also, coolstuffinc has been pretty good to me, but has screwed up a handful of my orders from time to time and sent one game box to me a month or so late. I still like them ok and don't hold any grudges or hatred.
I have been reading your kickstarter post. In fact I looked at a few of the games that I had seen you mention like Rum and Bones and Imperial Assault, considering them for purchase. They looked a little too expensive for me. Now I have picked up X-Wing. Two miniatures games Is more then my wallet can handle already.

Old May 31st, 2016, 09:56 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Fair warning about CoolStuff. I used to live near their first store. Never had any problems with them. Still order from them online occasionally, still no problems. In fact, they used to have a rating on the side of their site with many reviews that rated them 10/10 for a long time. However, once they started growing with more stores and a bigger online presence, I guess they didn't get so lucky with some of their new employees. Their rating started going down and they eventually removed it. I've heard multiple stories of the worst customer service from them. It's been a while, though, and I've still had no problems to this day though, so hopefully they've weeded out the idiots.* Either way, I'm glad you got good customer service, and glad you're getting into X-Wing (it's awesome!)!

*Though, to be fair, while I lived nearby they had signs in their windows banning "this jerk" and "that fat smelly guy" from their store, so maybe not the ...most tactful customer service from day 1.
I've had nothing but awesome experiences with CoolStuffInc., for whatever its worth.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 1st, 2016, 12:10 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I've had nothing but awesome experiences with CoolStuffInc., for whatever its worth.
Same here. I especially like the 99 cent shipping on singles and the good rewards program. I've spent enough over the years to get 10% off orders of minis (almost up to the 12.5% level - don't tell my wife). I've only had one order wrong and they made good on it with no hassle.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures