Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Red Wyrmling Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I would have liked it better if its special attack could hit one figure that was beside the targeted figure. It would have been more of a mini Zelrig that way. Up the point cost to 35 for this and there you are.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old July 24th, 2010, 07:11 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Next month, the Gang of Five is playing a 510 point, General-specific game (scenario to be determined). The General for each player was randomly determined, and I am playing Einar. There is no Utgar (unless a possible new (to us) player joins us). I'm thinking along the lines of the following . . .

120 Kaemon
100 Marcus
100 SB x 2 or Romans x 2

plus 190 points . . .

I could play Zelrig (so obvious). I could play the Kozuke (or Ana?) and 3 Red Wyrmlings (too few?). Or I could go in another direction . . .

120 Kaemon
100 Kozuke (or Ana?)
60 Izumi

plus 230 points . . .

I could then play the NotNW and 4 Red Wyrmlings. (I could, I suppose, count on the Kozuke to dispose of any tough heroes, and double the number of Red Wyrmlings by letting Kaemon go, but that would not be as good would it?)

I could work in the TSA . . .

150 Red Wyrmlings x 5
130 TSA x 2
120 Kaemon (surely better than Tandros, but mightn't the Tagawa Samurai be a viable option?)
110 NotNW

What do you all think?

Last edited by kolakoski; July 24th, 2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old July 24th, 2010, 07:19 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Why not use the standard 500 Point Ashigaru army
Old July 24th, 2010, 08:14 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Why stop at Ashigaru? If you want a real army, just play 4th Mass x6. Down points? Who cares! It's the 4th.

Honestly, I do really like the Ashigaru army... though I'm not brave enough to bring it to a tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
What do you all think?
If you're looking for an Einar screen and range combo, you're not going to beat Romans + 10th (sadly). I think you need to just pull straight range and go with something like your last build. I'd bring the Kozuke instead of the NotNW, just a better offense while keeping the same defense (kinda); they are melee, but will act as an "oh shi-!" or clean up unit. Then drop the TSA, they just don't have the attack power needed, and add in equal points of Harquebus. They don't need Kato if they're without the Yari... Where are we on points?

Kaemon Awa 120
Reds x5 150
Kozuke 100
Ashigaru Harquebus x2 120

... That puts you 20 points short.

What do you think?

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old July 24th, 2010, 08:45 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Too bad it isn't 515 or you could go with the interesting

Zelrig
3x Romans
3x Harquebus
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Next month, the Gang of Five is playing a 510 point, General-specific game (scenario to be determined). The General for each player was randomly determined, and I am playing Einar. There is no Utgar (unless a possible new (to us) player joins us). I'm thinking along the lines of the following . . .

120 Kaemon
100 Marcus
100 SB or Romans x 2

plus 190 points . . .

I could play Zelrig (so obvious). I could play the Kozuke (or Ana?) and 3 Red Wyrmlings (too few?). Or I could go in another direction . . .

120 Kaemon
100 Kozuke (or Ana?)
60 Izumi

plus 230 points . . .

I could then play the NotNW and 4 Red Wyrmlings. (I could, I suppose, count on the Kozuke to dispose of any tough heroes, and double the number of Red Wyrmlings by letting Kaemon go, but that would not be as good would it?)

I could work in the TSA . . .

150 Red Wyrmlings x 5
130 TSA x 2
120 Kaemon (surely better than Tandros, but mightn't the Tagawa Samurai be a viable option?)
110 NotNW

What do you all think?
I think I'll keep watching this thread.

Old July 27th, 2010, 01:41 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Btaxxas' worst nightmare is baby dragons. Acid breath is a lot less cosistant and thry all can hit her or her usual screen pretty well. Specificaly the red because he nails her best screen...rats. Red wymerlings to kill screen while blue ones hit her with four or five attack. As a braxxas counter how about...
Reds x5 150
blues x4 290 (140)

Okay fun core and would really irritate braxxas. The more I think about these guys the more i like them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units