Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 30th, 2010, 06:56 PM

PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ogre Warhulk Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Don't care for the Ogre and would never play more than one (reinforces my hate of Uncommons when the Werewolf started to warm me up to them). Krug or Feral Troll are better and cheaper.
lefton I don't know if anyone has broken it to you yet but the Feral Troll he's...he's...he's uncommon too we're so sorry, we thought you knew.

Sign the Declaration and bring back classic scape!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30056
Remember: Together we can make a difference
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
What a cool looking guy who really doesn't need to be uncommon, and is not that great. My issue is that, he is more expensive than Krug, who is much much more reliable and MUCH scarier. Realistically, you will generally be adjacent to two figures anyways, if lucky, which with Krug usually means two dead figures, but with warhulk only a chance. It's really the fact it's just a chance that makes it a slap in the face. If he were less points than Krug with some minor stat increase he would be more acceptable but even then still not better. Also I really don't give a hoot about the "Mine!" ability though I am sure there are people who really enjoy it.
If Krug is being ignored by the opponent, it's only two attacks of 2 vs. one attack of 5 or, half of the time, two attacks of 5. I think the latter will come in more favorable in many situations.
Also note that the Ogre is only large and not huge, so it'll get cover from jungle terrain.
If it was not for the lack of bonding, I would prefer the Ogre over Krug. As it is now, I think they are fairly evenly matched.
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:32 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Get this guy a Belt of Strength...

From the looks of the wording on the Ogre and the Glyph you can roll for hurricane first then pop the glyph if it's favorable.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Okay, I know I'm going to get a rulebook response to this question, but the Warhulk's ability suggests that Flail Hurricane would affect friendly figures. Now I KNOW for certain that it is impossible to attack friendly figures, but the ability reads "each figure adjacent to it" leaving me wondering. Though if the friendly figure rule does apply, that certainly would explain the "if possible" amendment.

Otherwise, I like this guy. Compared to Krug, he has the potential to hit more than 2 figures, as well as a 5+ attack regardless of his current life. So he stays strong and sometimes attacks multiple times (up to but once to every figure, whereas Krug, the essential opposite, starts weak and gets stronger and always attacks twice to either the same or different figures.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

oops! the emoticon in my previous post was supposed to be an 8 followed by ), but the computer registered it differently.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM

Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
When we sat down to design the Warhulk we wanted him to be a really basic, dumb Ogre with some fun, thematic powers. The Ogre Warhulk is wild and only focused on smashing things. He doesn’t care who gets in the way, so long as he hits something! Not only that, but this Ogre will do whatever he can to grab treasure quickly so he can horde it. He’s not too focused on the traps, and tends to get caught in them easily. Besides that, he’s just a really strong, really beefy hero to add to your armies and scare your opponents!
This is a quote from the preview.

The bolded statement implies that he's anxious and careless when grabbing the glyph, this being the reason the trap triggers so easily.

I didn't really understand Mine! thematically until I reread that, so if anyone else didn't get it, there it is.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Okay, I know I'm going to get a rulebook response to this question, but the Warhulk's ability suggests that Flail Hurricane would affect friendly figures. Now I KNOW for certain that it is impossible to attack friendly figures, but the ability reads "each figure adjacent to it" leaving me wondering. Though if the friendly figure rule does apply, that certainly would explain the "if possible" amendment.
It's not impossible to attack friendly figures-that's actually part of the consideration when using this guy. Some Special Abilities (notably Scatter) just don't take effect when attacked by a friendly figure.

Edit: And next time instead of writing another post to explain an emoticon you can click the pink EDIT button to correct the problem, or to explain it in the same post.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:46 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

I'm with everyone else who has said this guy is actually more dangerous than Krug. In my experience Krug can be devastating, usually only to one unlucky hero he is next to when hes rolling 8 or 9 dice. Usually after that one big double attack he falls because he is almost dead to begin with. This guy is coming with 5 attack from the start, and 50 percent of the time can attack way more figures than Krug can in one turn. I know if I'm playing this guy im going balls out from the beginning and taking disengages if needed to surround myself in the blood of my enemies . I honestly think at the end of the day, he will almost always kill more figures than Krug(because one attack of 5 is still better than an ignored Krugs double attack of 2, and multiple attacks of 5 is better than Krugs average one turn of 2 attacks of 9).

Dustin

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:53 PM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

But, a big difference between this guy and Krug - the Ogre does not bond.

That means that an OM on Krug should be multiple attacks as well. Most of them are just arrow gruts though...

The future of scape is players like us who support a community like this - with new maps, scenarios and events. Playing scape. Not buying scape...

Quick-Set-Up Map Thread The Principles of War
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This came up in a proxy game with this guy: After rolling for Flail Hurricane, can you choose not to attack anyone? Because if you're next to only one of your opponent's units, and a bunch of yours, you don't want to take them all out.

EDIT: Also, if an ogre is attacking a goblin and kills it, and another goblin scurries next ot the ogre, is that goblin also affected?
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This guy is ok and I plan on picking up at least 1 just so I can take control of him with my Werewolf lord and use the "hurricane flail" on my opponent.

Someone mentioned that if there's not enough squads to cobble together in DnD, then just double the squads in each booster for us instead of so many Uncommons. I like some of these commons, but agree this guy and the Werewolf Lord, both fit the Unique category to me.

This week < Last week

Nothing can top last week unless there's something real surprising amongst those Heroes.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
This came up in a proxy game with this guy: After rolling for Flail Hurricane, can you choose not to attack anyone? Because if you're next to only one of your opponent's units, and a bunch of yours, you don't want to take them all out.
The way the power's worded it sounds like if you roll an 11 or higher the choice is out of your hands:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhulk's card
If you roll a 1-10, it may attack normally. If you roll an 11-20, it must attack each figure adjacent to it, if possible
key parts bolded.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units