Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old June 18th, 2008, 08:58 PM

tppytel is surprisingly tart
Good deal on eBay lot

I'll pass on this, as I already have most of it and I've bought way too much stuff lately. Good deal for someone though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-HEROSCAPE...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Good deal on eBay lot

Someone got it with BuyItNow for $142...doesnt look like it was worth it though.
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

I might of bought it...if I had $142 laying around after I just got wave 8.

Which I don't.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:42 PM

tppytel is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Someone got it with BuyItNow for $142...doesnt look like it was worth it though.
How was it not worth it? Even the base retail value was over $142 - 2 full booster waves, fortress, tundra, lava, both master sets. That's round about $200 right there, not accounting for the fact that some of the components (Tundra and Archers/Glads) regularly go for well above retail value.
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tppytel View Post
Quote:
How was it not worth it? Even the base retail value was over $142 - 2 full booster waves, fortress, tundra, lava, both master sets. That's round about $200 right there, not accounting for the fact that some of the components (Tundra and Archers/Glads) regularly go for well above retail value.
It wasn't worth it, because you must factor that it's been used, along with how it wasn't really that much. Most of the figures were from the Master Sets, and i know you can get most of them pretty cheap with sales and what not. I picked up several RotV's for 12$ at TRU, and 3 SotM's for 20$ at Target each.
If you were selling it I understand why you posted it, and thought it was a good deal, but if not, I think you need to factor in how the price drops after a while!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:12 PM
has been BANNED

I paid
$4 for ROTV
$12 for SOTM
$5 for Marvelscape
$6 FotA
$20 TT
$19 VW
$20 RTTF

All new $86...the remaining figures are not worth $56 open...then there is the $15 for shipping on top of it...so for me...not such a great deal.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:47 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I paid
$4 for ROTV
$12 for SOTM
$5 for Marvelscape
$6 FotA
$20 TT
$19 VW
$20 RTTF

All new $86...the remaining figures are not worth $56 open...then there is the $15 for shipping on top of it...so for me...not such a great deal.
While you have been very fortunate to find those sales, many of us never see prices like that. Apart from the $12 SotM sale on Amazon, I have never seen a master set selling for less than $25. I never even saw Orm's return on clearance.

So while these Ebay lots may not seem like values to some of you, for many of us who never see Heroscape on the discount rack, these auctions represent decent savings.

Of course, there's really nothing I need so I just browse out of curiosity and to pass along any potentially good deals.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Concerned 'Scaper Mom

LadyGalahad Woo who?

Where our clan lives, we never see the low prices that some of you are quoting, so that lot at $142 would have been a pretty good deal for anyone in our area.

Walmart is the only place here that we can hope to get anything Heroscape, unless we order it online. When the ROTV set was on the shelves it was priced at $42.89, the SOTM was "on sale" for $39.89, and four Marvel sets are still on the shelves at $29.89. When the waves eventually come in, they are $12.89 for each package.

So, the three sets alone would be close to $120 with tax, if we were to purchase them locally.

Our local Walmart never stocked the TT, RTTF, and FoTA. We ordered those online, so we had to pay shipping as well. We stumbled on the VW and the Flagbearers at a Toys R Us in a town two hours from home (we do not have a store in our town), and probably paid what would be considered high prices for those sets. No Target in our town either, also a two hour drive away.

Geographic availability plays a large part in whether prices are considered too high or too low for the amount of product.

The wonderful thing that has happened though, is since our clan has been on this site, we have learned about pricing deals, codes, and other great buys that have helped us add to our game quickly and with less of a stress on our wallets.

The Vision of a Champion is someone who is winded, drenched in sweat, and at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:02 AM

Hilo-scaper is surprisingly tart

Thanks tppytel for letting us know. While some of us consider it a good deal (and I would have to agree with that camp) and others do not, I appreciate the heads up. Amazing prices that Onacara quoted are not common everyday sights for most of us, especially those of us stuck on an island, so thanks for letting us know.

Latest great traders: pjnormandin, Porkins, Dad_Scaper, beisaic, Greyelephant, the incredible mate, FerryMarcellis, MacBryce, bige51148, Nano*22, Retlaw, Just_a_Bill, Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:01 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I paid
$4 for ROTV
$12 for SOTM
$5 for Marvelscape
$6 FotA
$20 TT
$19 VW
$20 RTTF
Same here except I have yet to find a clearanced Marvel set and have paid as low as $12 for VW.

-insert signature here-
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The price is good if you are considering the MSRP, but bad if you are considering WalMart's clearance prices ...

These are the lowest prices I have paid:
RotV $17.00
RotV (with EOV) $9.00
SotM $20.00
MarvelScape $7.50
FotA $8.00 (and Free*)
TT $19.94 (I never saw these on sale)
VW $14.00 (apparently mispriced when they first arrived at TRU)
RttFF $5.00
Wave Expansion Pack $1.00 each (okay, so it was Wave 5)
Large Wave Expansion Pack $5.00

* I won a Fortress of the Archkyrie set at National HeroScape Day 2006 by rolling the most Skulls on 10 dice ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:03 PM
has been BANNED

I didnt count my 2 RTTFs for $1 each at WalMart cause i didnt want to gloat.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales