Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old January 9th, 2018, 01:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Modular dungeon walls (inspired by Raudulfr)

Looks cool. Ill be getting my printer soon from my kickstarter.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:21 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier, and use less plastic, if you designed the walls to fit in the spaces in between the hexes, like how the RotV Ruin walls work?

Looking at this design, one of the orientations is always in the middle of a hex, but you could save map room by moving all of it to the crevice between the hexes.
Old January 11th, 2018, 03:00 PM

Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier, and use less plastic, if you designed the walls to fit in the spaces in between the hexes, like how the RotV Ruin walls work?

Looking at this design, one of the orientations is always in the middle of a hex, but you could save map room by moving all of it to the crevice between the hexes.
I see what you're saying about one orientation taking up full hexes. I see if I can think of a way to line them up in a crevice. I still like the idea of having the walls locked down on hexes in some spots.

Actually my thought after seeing this layout was to make "anchor" hexes. So the corners and doors etc will be slotted and connecting walls will slide into them. This way you can eliminate having to print a bunch of additional hexes. It should also simplify laying out tiles to include walls on your game board. I'm making a little progress in my free time. Hopefully i'll have some printed pieces within the month to display. The hex it's based on was a rework from Thingiverse. I'm modeling my own soon.

Last edited by Dhaphaos; January 11th, 2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old January 12th, 2018, 12:46 PM

Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby!

I made some decent progress last night. I modeled my own base hexes as well as some of the anchor pieces and walls. In the pic you'll see the walls will just slide in from the top. I liked this idea for a few reasons. Easier assembly, less plastic printed and being able to use them as destructible walls. I'll work on some textures and additional pieces this weekend.

Old January 13th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Freaking sick!

Well done!
Old January 13th, 2018, 04:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Yeah. Those look great.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 13th, 2018, 04:13 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Old January 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM

Today I made some successful test prints. It pieces together perfectly. My hex design sits as high as the highest point of a standard hex but is completely flat. This allows the wall sections to sit flush to existing tiles on the board. This might cause issues if you were to print the hex itself to use as floor tiles. For the wall anchors it doesn't matter. Let me know if there is anything you guys can think to improve upon. I decided on 50 mm height for the walls. The average human character figure sits around 32-35mm. I'm still working on a functional door design that is big enough to fit most small-med figures through.

Old January 14th, 2018, 11:25 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

That looks amazing! Can they print out in like a grey or just in the bright primary colors?
Old January 14th, 2018, 01:02 PM

Whatever color of the spool of plastic.
I believe you can get just about any color.

Probably paint-able also. (Oh, I see the one is painted.)

That is really impressive!

I will have a few suggestions for you. I want to see how the door turns out (and hopefully a window) first.

Really cool!
Old January 14th, 2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
That looks amazing! Can they print out in like a grey or just in the bright primary colors?
Thanks Pumpkin King. I printed in red PLA because it's easier to see detail and defects. I changed my spool to black. The last few parts have been black and much easier to paint over.
Old January 14th, 2018, 02:07 PM

Thumbs up Re: Modular dungeon walls (inspired by Raudulfr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Whatever color of the spool of plastic.
I believe you can get just about any color.

Probably paint-able also. (Oh, I see the one is painted.)

That is really impressive!

I will have a few suggestions for you. I want to see how the door turns out (and hopefully a window) first.

Really cool!
I'm using Inland PLA and it takes paint extremely well. No primer needed. I'd love to hear your ideas man, just let me know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles