Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 11th, 2021, 10:41 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs [*NEW* GORRAN THE OUTSIDER]

Gorran seems interesting. A defender that doesn't break the bank is really nice for the Outsider army, as they can't always protect themselves when their Order Markers must be carefully balanced to squeeze the most out of the Children, and the ability to reposition the Children on a Hero turn further alleviates that concern. I think you could reasonably lower Pike Pole's success requirement by a couple of numbers, though; Gorran already competes with Major X17 in the role of a lockdown piece that can hinder larger foes, but Pike Pole has the disadvantages of only affecting Heroes and working less than 20% of the time.

Also, I like the sculpt you used; it's disgusting and alien in a way that reminds me of the Flukeman. Creepy!
Old November 12th, 2021, 03:29 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I think you could reasonably lower Pike Pole's success requirement by a couple of numbers, though; Gorran already competes with Major X17 in the role of a lockdown piece that can hinder larger foes, but Pike Pole has the disadvantages of only affecting Heroes and working less than 20% of the time.
How do you mean? It's a 50% chance to deal a wound on a disengagement. Deal a wound = lock them in place.
Old November 12th, 2021, 09:48 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
Quote:
I think you could reasonably lower Pike Pole's success requirement by a couple of numbers, though; Gorran already competes with Major X17 in the role of a lockdown piece that can hinder larger foes, but Pike Pole has the disadvantages of only affecting Heroes and working less than 20% of the time.
How do you mean? It's a 50% chance to deal a wound on a disengagement. Deal a wound = lock them in place.
That's true, but Gorran's card says you then have to roll a 14 or better to activate Pike Pole. Maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere, because what you've just told me would make the figure significantly more reliable.
Old November 13th, 2021, 02:46 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
That's true, but Gorran's card says you then have to roll a 14 or better to activate Pike Pole. Maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere, because what you've just told me would make the figure significantly more reliable.
Lol. My mistake. A prior version of the card didn't use a d20. That version might actually be cleaner
Old November 15th, 2021, 04:57 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Bloodstride Ninjas

Echoing Shiftrex, there is definitely a Common Ninja Squad sized hole in the canon and I love the idea. Points wise, I think the closest comparison is the Specters of Aldorn.

Both have PHANTOM WALK. Even.

Specters' DEATHLY TOUCH doesn't require a roll but only works if the specters have the extra 2 movement to walk through and out the other side. The Ninja's METSUBUSHI SPECIAL ATTACK works on a skull roll, so statistically 50% of the time. It affects 1-7 opponents figures, all or nothing. This forces the Ninjas to focus fire on one group or 1 hero instead of able to spread out like the Specters can. (Side note: the range of 3 is weird to me, why would I use this on a figure that I can't attack immediately after. Range of 1 or 2 seems appropriate.) The single attack on a group is also more susceptible to counter-play. Edge to the Specters.

4 attacks of 2 vs 3 attacks of 3. If I did the math right, 3 attacks of 3 are better than 4 attacks of 2. Edge to the Ninjas.

Specters have Levitation. Edge to Specters.

Other non-bonding, 3-figure squads with a 6/1/3/3 lineup are the Deepwyrm Drow, Marro Drones, and Shaolin Monks. Drones aren't really comparable, Monks aren't really comparable and the Drow are bad. But it gives a range.

I would prince them at 55 off-hand but a range of 50-70 sounds right.

Gorran

Immediately, the mini doesn't seem like an Outsider. To me, it looks more like Uzog.

Setting that aside, INVASIVE SPECIES is cool. Agga-Zemir already has a passive movement power and so adding another could make it a theme of the faction. (Z-thoth forces movement, and Grabby ignores height, so the theme is already there actually.)

You saying that his goal is to engage a choke point and then not need OMs is not like the other outsiders. The outsider heroes want to use an OM per turn so the Children can become 4-figure squads.

Also he doesn't have a D20 power so the Children can't use Spirits of the Void with him.

I don't mean to be harsh, but overall, this one misses the mark for me. I think you actually have the start of a good Durgeth Hero, not an Outsider.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 15th, 2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post

Gorran

Immediately, the mini doesn't seem like an Outsider. To me, it looks more like Uzog.

Setting that aside, INVASIVE SPECIES is cool. Agga-Zemir already has a passive movement power and so adding another could make it a theme of the faction. (Z-thoth forces movement, and Grabby ignores height, so the theme is already there actually.)

You saying that his goal is to engage a choke point and then not need OMs is not like the other outsiders. The outsider heroes want to use an OM per turn so the Children can become 4-figure squads.

Also he doesn't have a D20 power so the Children can't use Spirits of the Void with him.

I don't mean to be harsh, but overall, this one misses the mark for me. I think you actually have the start of a good Durgeth Hero, not an Outsider.
As it stands, Gorran does have a d20 ability within his Pike Pole. Admittedly, it should probably be a little easier to land- but nonetheless. This miniature was released in the same wave as the Ulat-Kini (Children of the DS), who also have fish-like features. I can totally see the Durgeth angle though, and I'm open to shifting gears.

Regarding the Bloodstrides- the 3 range on the SA was originally designed so that you have the potential to throw the Metsbushi at a fellow Bloodstride who was in a good position. Again, totally open to adjusting that.

Thanks for your feedback Vydar, always appreciated
Old November 15th, 2021, 06:13 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Gorran

As it stands, Gorran does have a d20 ability within his Pike Pole. Admittedly, it should probably be a little easier to land- but nonetheless. This miniature was released in the same wave as the Ulat-Kini (Children of the DS), who also have fish-like features. I can totally see the Durgeth angle though, and I'm open to shifting gears.

Regarding the Bloodstrides- the 3 range on the SA was originally designed so that you have the potential to throw the Metsbushi at a fellow Bloodstride who was in a good position. Again, totally open to adjusting that.

Thanks for your feedback Vydar, always appreciated
My bad, that line about the D20 power was supposed to have been removed. I started typing that and then re-read the power and realized I was wrong. I thought I deleted it, so ignore it.

Why doesn't that Bloodstride Ninja just use the SA?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old November 17th, 2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:

My bad, that line about the D20 power was supposed to have been removed. I started typing that and then re-read the power and realized I was wrong. I thought I deleted it, so ignore it.

I suppose it could. Perhaps the range is unnecessary.
Old November 17th, 2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I haven't played with them so there might be a niche situation where you need it, but I currently can't see one.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old November 17th, 2021, 08:03 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Gorran's Pike Pole looks like a fun and thematic power, but it might make for some strange interactions if more than one Gorran is on the board. Let's say a figure leaves engagement with Gorran #1 and engages Gorran #2. Gorran #1 successfully activates Pike Pole, returning the figure to him. That causes a leaving engagement attack from Gorran #2. What happens with Gorran #2's Pike Pole?
Old November 17th, 2021, 10:07 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tug of Pike Pole WAR
Old November 17th, 2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't played with them so there might be a niche situation where you need it, but I currently can't see one.
I thought of one.

N = Ninja
O = Opponent's Figure

Since neither of the 2 engaged ninjas can target the center opponent's figure the unengaged ninja uses METSUBUSHI SA against the center figure to effect the ones that are engaged. Then you get 2 defense drops instead of just 1.

You'd still probably prefer 3 normal attacks but that's not the point.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards