Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old September 24th, 2015, 11:37 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Then we could throw a few Paladins in there and maybe one or two Chevaliers.
Except that those mean nothing to anyone who hasn't been here. Remember, I want the titles to refer back to this competition, or at least this forum.

~TGRF.

P.S. Also, not everyone has studied medieval history like you have. I, for example, haven't the faintest idea what a Chevalier is.
Old September 26th, 2015, 11:06 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Cheval is the French word for "horse". So a chevalier is literally a "horsemen". Fun fact: "chivalry" is also from the French root "cheval" and is best understood to mean "horsemanship".

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old September 29th, 2015, 06:50 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I think the titles are fine right now. There are no changes I would like to make.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 01:56 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I believe we are more or less in agreement about the title names. If anyone has any suggestions/revisions to what I posted, speak now.
I am going to see if I can whip something up for the front page.

~TGRF.
Old October 3rd, 2015, 02:20 PM

I've come up with a little something for the front page. Kindly review/change/totally reject at your leisure.
Quote:

Feel like trying your hand at writing? Want to let your imagination loose in the world of Valhalla? Simply looking for helpful criticism, tips, and reviews?

Consider joining the Fan Fiction Competition! Compete against other writers who share your enthusiasm of HeroScape. Claim your place as the best writer!

Click here to join.

What is the Fan Fiction Competition?
The Fan Fiction Competition is a community-made writing contest. It was designed for writers of all levels who want to test their skills with the pen (and keyboard). A prompt, describing what to write about, starts things off. All you have to do to enter is write something matching that prompt (preferably related to HS). The only limitations are a time limit of around one month (determined when the prompt is given out), a word limit (also determined when the prompt is given out), and your imagination.
Once the time limit is up, the issuer of the prompt, called the judge, will read and evaluate all of the entries. He will choose first, second, and third place based on how well they are written.
After that, the winner issues the next prompt, becomes the next judge, and the process repeats.
For full rules, see the OP here.

You do not need to pay or even sign up to join. All you need to do is write something and post it!

Prizes
Now for the first time, we can offer prizes! The admins have agreed that we can offer unique titles to those who do well in the competition. Join today, and claim yours!
See the OP for a full list of the titles that can be won, the requirements to win them, and additional details.

I look forward to seeing you in the Competition!

~TGRF.
I think it's pretty good, considering how long-winded I can get.
Thoughts?

Xotli has assured me that he will mercilessly proofread anything going on the front page, so no worries in that department.

~TGRF.
Old October 3rd, 2015, 02:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looking good. Nice work.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 3rd, 2015, 06:13 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Lightbulb Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

A nice bird picture should grab folks' attention on the front page:

Other than that, looks good to me.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; October 3rd, 2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old October 4th, 2015, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

~TAF
Definitely grabs the attention, due mainly to the fact that is has nothing whatsoever to do with the competition.
~TGRF, who assumes TAF was joking.
Old October 4th, 2015, 09:58 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

~TAF
Definitely grabs the attention, due mainly to the fact that is has nothing whatsoever to do with the competition.
~TGRF, who assumes TAF was joking.
It technically looks like TAF, so it has something to do with the competition. Who doesn't like a bird picture? Certainly Big Bird could work? Otherwise we could try making AotP tales. (Which I think kind of sounds like a terrible idea)

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 7th, 2015, 06:50 PM

Well, barring additional bird pictures, I think we are ready to go. I would like to resume the prompt before the front page goes up, so that if people arrive, they'll find us under way and ready for them.
@TheAverageFan You may initiate the resumption of the prompt at your discretion. You can also change your current prompt first if you want. The deadline will be November 15. That gives everyone plenty of time to get in here, get organized, and get writing.

I will send the announcement to Xotli for proofreading - I would like it to launch once the prompt is back up and there is some level of activity here.

~TGRF.
Old October 7th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Exclamation Prompt!

Sure thing. Hard to believe it's been 7 pages since, but here we go again...

Quote:
Oh no! Utgar has summoned the evil M. Night Shyamalan to Valhalla! Now all attempts at good writing or characters have been thrown into the garbage--only the twists matter anymore. And they're not even good twists at this point. I mean, the monsters are people in suits!? The story was more interesting before you threw that in there! But I digress.

The only way to banish Shyamalan back to Earth is to write a entry that has a good twist, without being at the cost of a good story. Will you be able to fool me effectively?
For this prompt, I want you to write a story with a good twist in it. It can be about anything Heroscape-related, so your options are open. But it won't be easy to pull one over on me--I know my stuff! You've got 20,000 words, so there'll be plenty of time to set your surprise up while keeping your entry engaging.

And remember, a good twist makes sense! All of your characters suddenly turning into different snowmen versions of George Takei may be hard to see coming, but that doesn't necessarily make it a good twist!

Write carefully and craftily, and good luck! The due date will be set for the 15th of November.

~TAF, who thinks The Visit hardly liberates Shyamalan from ridicule here

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 8th, 2015, 01:36 AM

The prompt is linked in the OP for viewing. Kindly include the due date and we'll be set.
~TGRF, who may or may not submit something.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction