Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by FADE
But of course there might be some hasbro rule verification that might say otherwise.
It does effect you guys.. it's WILD SWING, not careful swing.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:29 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Since no one is in the jotun strategy section, i'll re-post:

I killed him with Me-Burq-Sa and Syvarris (Both had +1 height advantage).

unfortunatly, Me-Burq-Sa died.
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:30 AM

Mystyc has disabled reputation
I'm sure anyone who has used Jotun has noticed this, but I didn't see it mentioned -- Throw can also be used to set up the Wild Swing. You can move an enemy unit away from your own guy and next to another enemy. This is especially handy if the enemies are spaced out around Jotun, as you can fill in an empty space, letting you hit three guys at once. You may find yourself actually hoping not to deal damage.
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
That's exactly how I use throw, Mystyc! It works best for this if you have a unique hero and a couple squaddies adjacent to you. Then the ideal situation is you throw the hero between the two squaddies, give damage to the hero, and rock the socks off all three with your wild swing. It's the easiest way to counter when your opponent sends spaced out swarms at you (no two figures adjacent).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2007, 01:39 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
I have a question

Jotun's attack is for enemies? or for friendly figures? I always throw my anubian wolves into battle with jotun's ability. Am I doing something stupid? Please respond
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: I have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunakor
Jotun's attack is for enemies? or for friendly figures? I always throw my anubian wolves into battle with jotun's ability. Am I doing something stupid? Please respond
Both! You can chuck enemies around and hope they go smush, or toss your allies into battle. It really depends on your play style.
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:06 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: I have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunakor
Both! You can chuck enemies around and hope they go smush, or toss your allies into battle. It really depends on your play style.
It's really hard to throw a figure, especially a squad, and not kill them though. Besides, 90% of the time you'd be better off just taking two turns with your squad. You'll move more figures and likely just as far.
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:18 AM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
I've used Jotun to throw friendly units onto the enemy's castle walls.
Old August 14th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It kills me to successfully roll for Throw 14 in an attempt to line up the opposition's figures for a Wild Swing spectacular, but only to kill the thrown figure from D20 11 or more roll for damage and leave a gaping hole, ruining the Wild Swing's momentum.
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
It kills me to successfully roll for Throw 14 in an attempt to line up the opposition's figures for a Wild Swing spectacular, but only to kill the thrown figure from D20 11 or more roll for damage and leave a gaping hole, ruining the Wild Swing's momentum.
And the card does say, "11 or higher," not "11-20." This means that you can't add one with the Glyph of Lodin to make it a 21 and deny damage. You can, however, according to the FAQ, do that when rolling to revive an opponent's figure with the Glyph of Sturla, denying them a revive by making a 20 into a 21. That's why I looked it up on the card.

Old September 27th, 2007, 06:15 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I looked around, and I didn't find this situation addressed anywhere. Am I doing this correctly?

If you throw a figure onto a glyph, you do not resolve the glyph's effects until after calculating the damage from the Throw, right?

And if the figure should be destroyed from the throw damage, it does not activate the Glyph, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw 14
After moving and before attacking, choose a small or medium non-flying figure adjacent to Jotun. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 of higher, you may throw the figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of Jotun. The figure must land within clear sight of Jotun. After the figure is placed, roll the 20-sided die for throwing damage. If you roll and 11 or higher, the thrown figure received 2 wounds. If the figure is thrown onto a level higher than the height of Jotun, or onto water, do not roll for damage. The thrown figure does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rule Book
When one of your figures moves onto any of these Glyphs, follow its rules, then remove it from the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glyph of Kelda
When one of your figures stops here, remove all Wound Markers from its Army Card.
The only reason I ask is because Throw is a single ability that has two separate effects, with the layout of the board and position of figures changing in between them. I've been playing it such that you have to resolve the entire Special Ability, and then check to see if anyone is on a Glyph.

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, I checked around and couldn't find any precedent discussing this.

Old September 27th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I think I'd probably play it as you did, Cheddar. If the figure dies, it doesn't get healed by the glyph.

In other crazy Throw antics, one of my friends has a habit of using Jotun as one would use Theracus or Saylind, trying to toss friendly figures to high places. It never works, but it's funny to see him try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units