Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old October 23rd, 2022, 06:20 AM

randum is surprisingly tart
Re: Buying a Resin Printer: Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Cost-wise, i found a used Anycubic Photon Mono SE for $100 and then I had to buy roughly another $100 of supplies (TREX sent me a list that was super helpful).

I'm curious what additional supplies? I'm interested in 3D printing myself and may buy a printer in the future.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 11:24 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Buying a Resin Printer: Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Cost-wise, i found a used Anycubic Photon Mono SE for $100 and then I had to buy roughly another $100 of supplies (TREX sent me a list that was super helpful).

I'm curious what additional supplies? I'm interested in 3D printing myself and may buy a printer in the future.
The easiest way to figure out what is needed is YouTube videos. There are many. I believe there's a channel called 3dprinted tabletop with Danny the 3d printing DM. He's good. Also many others. Basically resin printing the figures is the first part, but then tools to post process them are required too. Look up these different parts. Washing resin prints. Removing supports. Curing prints. There's also PPE. Personal protective equipment. Such as goggles, a respirator, and lots and lots of nitrile gloves. You don't want resin on you. Especially your eye. If you do get it on you it's not the end of the world and can be cleaned off, but less is better. The respirator isn't something that's as needed if you aren't around it lots and you have a ventilated area. It's also good to have a way to vent the resin fumes out of the place your printing from. It may not seem like much, but has enough elements to it that it is a whole new hobby. Good luck. If you can manage it, it's a very fun and rewarding hobby, but it isn't easy.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing