Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 16th, 2022, 06:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: AOA: Playing The New Factions

On the Haslab site:

"Not Funded

Unfortunately, this project did not meet its backer goal and did not go into production."

Final backing: 4,353

Whither Age of Annihilation? We have 30 out of 46 Beta cards. Will we hear anything further from Avalon Hill/Hasbro or the War Council on the project, or the rest of the cards?

I think I've backed about a dozen Crowd Funding projects all together, and this is only the second that didn't fund. The other was quickly retooled and resubmitted successfully on another platform. But Haslab is its own thing. To which we pledged over a million dollars. Well done, us! Congratulations to Craig and the War Council too for great work.

Last edited by chas; November 16th, 2022 at 07:03 AM.
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:07 PM

damocles is surprisingly tart

Those who are proxying out the cards we have:
Are you keeping the whole steampunk esthetic, or are you going to use a more traditional HS look. I'm thinking mainly of the bears and the space pirates.
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:13 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know they had the bears in Jandar but I would've thought Ullar would have been better. Of course that's just me waiting on the dwarves riding bears figures...long wait ahead I guess.

Just a thought.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 16th, 2022 at 06:45 PM. Reason: I know they were Knights...but non of them said nhe...
Old November 16th, 2022, 07:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
I know they had the bears in Jandar but I would've thought Ullar would have been better. Of course that's just me waiting on the dwarves riding bears figures...long wait ahead I guess.

Just a thought.
This is something I've talked about a little before.

My vision for the bears was that they were the knights. Across the entire AoA package, there were not the classic, noble heroes, like Sir Galahad or whatever, riding out to champion the cause of justice. I wanted the bears to fill that slot. Whatever their appearance, they are the hand of the righteous, and therefore Jandar wanted them.

Or, at least, that was the thinking. FWIW.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 17th, 2022, 11:02 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post

Just a thought.
This is something I've talked about a little before.

My vision for the bears was that they were the knights. Across the entire AoA package, there were not the classic, noble heroes, like Sir Galahad or whatever, riding out to champion the cause of justice. I wanted the bears to fill that slot. Whatever their appearance, they are the hand of the righteous, and therefore Jandar wanted them.

Or, at least, that was the thinking. FWIW.
I get they were knights...but Jandar shouldn't have the exclusive rights to knights IMHO.

Thank you for all your efforts. It is appreciated.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 17th, 2022 at 11:03 AM. Reason: I still see Einar as the good guy and Jandar as the typical snobish good guy.
Old November 20th, 2022, 08:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

To complete the Clockwork Combine faction, here is my unofficial, not for profit, non Hasbro version of the Airship:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...99#post2547999
Old November 25th, 2022, 06:03 AM

Just a summary of the recent site update, which includes a whole new section for Age of Annihilation. We now have Anitar's classic style cards (with mini photos) for all of the unique heroes and squads which have been revealed, whether intentionally or by accident. There are also now new personal custom cards by Anitar for the unrevealed AOA figures, not including the 7 Valkyrie or the 5 SOTM heroes. (Edit): The latter are now available in customs by me and by Anitar in seperate sets.

There is also a thread linking to minis that work for them; some which preexisted, others now purpose made by 3D printing. And Books of Index for the individual cards are going up as well.

So we now have the means to proxy play most of the Age of Annihilation characters! Thanks to everyone involved in this fan made backup to the unfunded offering from Avalon Hill/Hasbro.

Last edited by chas; December 11th, 2022 at 06:33 AM.
Old December 1st, 2022, 01:26 PM

Here are my new thoughts about future AOA Proxy Play, now that we have all of those cards by Anitar for both Revealed and Unrevealed cards. This is a copy of a post I sent to my local pals (see my signature thread) about doing it with them.

Anitar has posted up out those lovely Classic style cards for all of the AOA revealed cards, and even now her own drafts for the much fewer unrevealed ones. This would give us every character to play in the offering except for the 7 AOA Kyries and the 5 SOTM heroes 2.0 and 3.0. The revealed cards are ready to proxy; the few unrevealed ones are in draft form, but quite usable.

We could also try:

1) that first AOA scenario they published (its probably still on the DO NOT POST Thread) where we partially take turns adding a few board small features just before the game starts,

2) the rules for the "illusory walls" (they block LOS but don't impede movement) using our old castle walls, and

3) the new Vine Glyph(s) one Dryan character puts down as part of his powers. I'm not sure if all of the new AOA glyphs (some of which are repeats of old ones) are up, but I know the vine one is.

So I've just asked Anitar if she is planning to make any further changes on the cards soon, or even do the Kyries/SOTMs also. After we get an answer, I could go ahead and print them out, and we could proxy them on the table next week. Since there are five new AOA factions, we could each take one for two or three games and try them out, simply by trying out one faction each per game!

I'd be happy to do that, although I'll have to spend a lot of printing ink and find a lot of proxies! (I wanted to do it anyway). What do you think?
Old December 1st, 2022, 10:22 PM

AOA: FACTION SUMMARY REFERENCE

Here are the five factions with the total number of cards and total build points for each:

Clockwork Combine (9 Cards) 970 Points

Dawn Raider Syndicate (10 Cards) 1,005 Points (variable)

Dryan Lifeborne Order (11 Cards) 990 Points

Ironclad Collective (4 Cards) 555 Points

Nemesis War Brood (5 Cards) 575 Points

This covers a total of 39 Cards. Adding the 7 Kyrie cards never shown in the offering would bring the total to the stated official number of 46. This does not include the 5 SOTM Heroes which were to be Stretch Goals.

Note that the point total of the Dawn Raider Syndicate would vary if the card power was used that allows one card of another faction to be included in this faction's army.

These point totals include the current versions of Anitar's Personal Customs for the unrevealed cards.

Last edited by chas; December 2nd, 2022 at 02:04 AM.
Old December 1st, 2022, 11:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
These point totals include the current versions of Anitar's Personal Customs for the unrevealed cards.
These are not "Personal Customs" in the same way that, for instance, your guess is, about unrevealed designs. Anitar posted designs that are carefully based on actually revealed information about two unrelease minis. I do not think of those designs as either her personal customs - in the sense that they are based on more than her imagination - or guesses. To my mind, those two can and should be catalogued with the other AoA designs.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 1st, 2022, 11:49 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
These are not "Personal Customs" in the same way that, for instance, your guess is, about unrevealed designs. Anitar posted designs that are carefully based on actually revealed information about two unrelease minis. I do not think of those designs as either her personal customs - in the sense that they are based on more than her imagination - or guesses. To my mind, those two can and should be catalogued with the other AoA designs.

Chas is referring to "The Missing Seven", which most certainly are my customs.

Last edited by Anitar; December 1st, 2022 at 11:51 PM. Reason: ...I never do get tired of you singing my praises, though.
Old December 2nd, 2022, 02:08 AM

Yes indeed I am. Dad Scaper is on the other hand referring to a couple of "reconstructed" cards placed by Anitar along with the "revealed" cards. These were not quite fully revealed, but mostly revealed in various indirect statements, which Anitar stitched together in a useful way with an educated guess or two-- ending up with a couple of cards that are most likely very close to what was officially designed for them. Good show; well done!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion