Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 6th, 2016, 07:23 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

My thoughts at first read:

-Full metal (warforged barb) seems a little OP/underpriced at 90 points. He has good stats along with those two powers. Oh, you have "a warforged ranger adds one automatic shield" in his defense power, btw.

-Hulgrim Grayforge (Larethar Gulgrin) looks like a terror against my poor deathwalkers although his power is pretty cool.

-Hounds of vydar look cool and different. I feel like I would want them to be 4 atk/3 def so they have some sort of staying power when engaged, and 5 atk just seems a little high, especially paired up with high move which would likely mean height advantage on top of that 5 atk.

-Bhaltair MacDirk's war cry probably needs reworded. It currently sounds like he adds two movement to human warriors on his turn, where human warriors are almost never going to move on his turn. I assume you mean to buff macdirk bonding squad movement, don't forget heroes take a separate turn from the squad.

-The Queen's Guard looks slightly OP at 60 points/squad. My first thought is to compare them to roman archers: 4 move, 6 range, 2 atk, 1 def, 3 man squad for 55 points (I hope I remember that right.)

-Sorrilth the Dragonlord looks fairly fun, but I feel like I wouldn't know what to do with him if he was in one of my armies. Doesn't mean I don't like him, btw.

All just my opinion, take with grains of salt.
Old July 6th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Those are great insights! I appreciate you taking the time to evaluate them...I'll make sure to make some adjustments. As of now these are the concepts and in getting then ready to go into playtesting. So right now is the fine tuning before the playtesting, so thank you!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 12th, 2016, 06:58 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

More Customs Added with their cards!! Check em out and let me know what you think!

Sir Heroscape's Content

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; July 13th, 2016 at 03:28 AM.
Old July 27th, 2016, 10:59 PM

rommel1369 is surprisingly tart

Just curious but how do you determine point costs? Is there some kind of chart that has a value on how much abilities/base stats are worth? Just curious since I often struggle with how much a unit should be worth.

A few maps http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30190
Good Trades-KTZ-XXleprecaunXX, Vydar, generalgina, chaoserver
Old July 27th, 2016, 11:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@rommel1369 , the best way I calculate point cost is by play testing and "like" units with the same ballpark stat value. I'm sure there is a more of a complex way about it on here. Interesting units @Sir Heroscape

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 19th, 2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel1369 View Post
Just curious but how do you determine point costs? Is there some kind of chart that has a value on how much abilities/base stats are worth? Just curious since I often struggle with how much a unit should be worth.
Wow...somehow I never responded...yikes! Sorry about that. Well...to be honest...I don't know that there's one right answer...but TREX is right. I try to find figures with similar specials and stats and START with a similar, ballpark point value. Then as you playtest the unit against different army builds you'll start to see a certain median or trend of how many points that figure really should be worth. It's definitely not an easy thing to determine...but that just comes from experience. I'm no professional, but if you need help with customs...I'm more than willing to help you get started or at least balance the ones you already have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@rommel1369 , the best way I calculate point cost is by play testing and "like" units with the same ballpark stat value. I'm sure there is a more of a complex way about it on here. Interesting units @Sir Heroscape
Thanks TREX! Anything you like in particular? or any figures that may need a little work?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 19th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Someone made a point calculator.

Probably in the Software area.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 19th, 2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Someone made a point calculator.

Probably in the Software area.
Thanks Tornado! I'll have to look for that...that's intriguing.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 19th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think this is the one that got some traction.
Link. (Nope, not it)

Hmm, maybe not though. I will search again.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 28th, 2016, 12:30 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I love the sculpts you're finding for your customs! If you get time, you should take more pictures of them on the battlefield by other figures for comparison. Might take a while cause you have so much, but I'd personally love to see what they look like.

I just went through your most recent post of cards in particular and there were a few that stood out to me:

Gormuun
I like the theme behind this guy. Although you didn't finish the text for Cleave. Is Cleave supposed to be a Special Attack? Cause Tandros already has Cleave and you could just take his power and it would fit great, I think. Unless you want it to be a Special Attack for a specific reason. Battle Rage is really strong, too. Combined with 6 life, move, and attack, bonding with Deathchasers, and the ability to kill 2 figures per turn he looks stronger than 120 points to me, but that's for playtesting to reveal. I do like that he's a big bruiser and is good at it so I think he makes a great figure.

Aeson Skyhunter
Really like this guy! Is he supposed to be Brandis's brother?
I like his combination of powers, he has a great run-and-shoot feel to him. Stealthy is a cool new personality too. I know if you were trying to go for something official like in the SoV they would probably change it to Tricky, but I think it works as is for home use. Again, I think he looks a little better than 70 points, especially in endgame, as an attack of 5 plus great kiting ability seems really good, but that could just be me. (And honestly, I've found I usually overestimate point costs when creating my own customs, so that could be it too.) One of my favorites of yours though!

Ranger of Ekstrom
A recurring theme of your figures is you don't have your special attacks labeled. I'm guessing Javelin is supposed to be one too, so it should be "Javelin Special Attack." Otherwise it would be the same name as The Master of the Hunt's power. Also I don't know why you would use Javelin over the normal attack on this figure. It could be used against guys with Tough or whatever, but usually special attacks are unique from the figure's normal attack.
Also, I think you will want to rework Brotherhood. Turn interruption is a bad idea. Being able to move figures like with Rats or Goblins is one thing, but taking a turn (in this case two turns) during your opponent's attack phase doesn't work well. I do like the theme behind it though. Maybe you could make it a D20 thing, where when one of them is destroyed, if there's another Ranger within 5 clear sight spaces of the attacking figure, you roll the D20 for a chance to inflict a wound on the figure. That way it's not a huge deviation from the attack phase but you get to keep the theme.

Hulgrim Grayforge
Love this card! Another one of my favorites that I saw. He really has a Rogue feel and he seems like a blast to play. My only concern about him is that "No Shield" doesn't seem like a great name for a power to me (lots of guys have no shields). Maybe something like "Vulnerable" or something like that. But I really like the card overall!

Jonathan Wild
My other favorite card this time around. This one I have no qualms with, I just wanted to bring him up as a great card, in my opinion.

Lucius Cornelius Sulla
Wanted to bring this guy up and say I had the same idea for Archer Training (so hopefully in this case it's great minds that think alike ). I like this guy, especially cause Archers need love IMO. That said, in theoryscaping, he could be dangerous with Arrow Gruts. I'd have to actually play with them to see, but they're already really good as is, and you can do Lucius, Arrow Gruts x4, Swog Riders x4, and Krug for 500 points and 23 spaces which would be really strong in your typical 500/24 build (and it wouldn't be hard to work Raelin in there too, especially if you go any higher point-wise). That said, that's theoryscaping and I never actually tried a game with that concept, so it could work out, but is something to keep an eye on. But great card, I hope he works out to make archers great again!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; August 28th, 2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old August 28th, 2016, 04:51 PM

@BiggaBullfrog Wow!! Thanks for the feedback! So helpful, I must say.

Here's what I've got in response...
Gormuun
Yes Cleave is supposed to be a special attack, and yeah I'm not sure why the text didn't show up...I'll have to fix that :-/. The reason I wanted it to be a special attack was for him to have the ability to be effective against figures with the tough ability or Ashra etc. Truth is…on his own, he’s barely filled 120points - if that - during playtesting, especially against range. That was the idea with him…that once he’s engaged he just tanks…but you’ve gotta get him there first. When I’ve play tested him with Deathchasers he’s more fully filled out 120 points but not to the point yet where I’ve needed to consider him at a higher value. So for now he’s showing to be about right on…but future play tests might push him closer to 130.

Aeson
Yes exactly! Brandis’ brother! I haven’t really developed a backstory…but I wanted him to be a relation with Brandis. In fact *blush* as weird as this may sound I dreamt about this character. I woke up one night and put all his specials and everything down on paper…and then I found the perfect figure and Aeson was born! haha…he’s one of my favorites as well. To be honest, I did envision him as a potential SoV submission…especially b/c his figure is pretty common (I’ll have to do more research for sure though), so I’ll probably just change that to Tricky. He is such a fun unit to play…especially b/c of his abilities…I’ve loved using him…BUT I made one major typo, his defense was supposed to be 2 not 3. That’s why he’s 70pts. He’s filled those points during play test…but not much more…b/c once an opponent engages him he usually gets beat up pretty good. His ability is so that he can recover and still do some hurt before going down…but yes at 3 defense I can see why you’d see him as more than 70pts…but that was a typo…don’t know how that got in there :P

Ranger of Ekstrom
Great points…I’m going to have to give these guys some more thought I think.

Hulgrim Grayforge
SUPER fun to play…absolutely love this guy…and his figure is literally like $1.50…very accessible. I agree with the power name change. “Vulnerable” seems like a very good alternative.

Jonathan Wild
Cool thing is…he’s a historical figure. look him up and read his backstory and he was quite the thief

Lucious
He as well is a historical figure with a cool backstory. Very good point with the potential with the gruts. I guess that’s why I didn’t make him too terrible strong on his own. Like Marcus…he can do fine on his own, but his main ability is to buff his army.

Thanks for all the feedback, very helpful…and I really appreciate it!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 29th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Gormuun
Yes Cleave is supposed to be a special attack, and yeah I'm not sure why the text didn't show up...I'll have to fix that :-/. The reason I wanted it to be a special attack was for him to have the ability to be effective against figures with the tough ability or Ashra etc. Truth is…on his own, he’s barely filled 120points - if that - during playtesting, especially against range. That was the idea with him…that once he’s engaged he just tanks…but you’ve gotta get him there first. When I’ve play tested him with Deathchasers he’s more fully filled out 120 points but not to the point yet where I’ve needed to consider him at a higher value. So for now he’s showing to be about right on…but future play tests might push him closer to 130.
Makes sense for the special attack, and the Deathchasers would be okay with a guy with a special attack to bond with (maybe you should change the name "Cleave" to make it more unique from Tandros, but that's just me). That said, I think you should be a little more strict with your playtests with him. Usually when you're playtesting, you want to put the figure in its strongest build against a build it's strong against. So in this case, I would never play him alone, but always with Deathchasers. And I would always play him against melee armies to get the most out of his powers. They don't have to be bad melee armies (by no means play him against an army of Dund, Hatamato Taro, and DW7000 ), but they should be all melee guys who like to be close to each other (Romans and Blade gruts would be great, maybe Knights and Heavy gruts if you want him to be an "A" unit). The reason for this is that you don't want your figure to be too strong (generally speaking - this can change if you want it to, but I'm again speaking of something you'd want to submit to SoV or to be for general use), and if it's too strong in it's strongest build, then that's too strong. So speaking for myself, the only time I like to play competitively is when I'm playtesting, cause I'm trying to break the unit. If I can't, then it's not OP and the Points are okay (assuming it's not terrible either). (Sorry that was a lot longer than I thought it would be - I need to learn how to be more concise).

PS - along the lines of SoV nominations, the C3V already has a design for this figure, so if you were looking to nominate this one too eventually then you would need a different sculpt. (Though if you want to take the design there, I do still like the design and think it could make it through the process someday.)

Quote:
Aeson
Yes exactly! Brandis’ brother! I haven’t really developed a backstory…but I wanted him to be a relation with Brandis. In fact *blush* as weird as this may sound I dreamt about this character. I woke up one night and put all his specials and everything down on paper…and then I found the perfect figure and Aeson was born! haha…he’s one of my favorites as well. To be honest, I did envision him as a potential SoV submission…especially b/c his figure is pretty common (I’ll have to do more research for sure though), so I’ll probably just change that to Tricky. He is such a fun unit to play…especially b/c of his abilities…I’ve loved using him…BUT I made one major typo, his defense was supposed to be 2 not 3. That’s why he’s 70pts. He’s filled those points during play test…but not much more…b/c once an opponent engages him he usually gets beat up pretty good. His ability is so that he can recover and still do some hurt before going down…but yes at 3 defense I can see why you’d see him as more than 70pts…but that was a typo…don’t know how that got in there :P
2 defense does make more sense. I personally am still a little unsure cause he kind of reminds me of the figure who went through the SoV (Swaysil) who was just barely too strong, but he could work, especially cause he only has one attack. I would definitely try him out though, and might proxy him sometime.

Quote:
Jonathan Wild
Cool thing is…he’s a historical figure. look him up and read his backstory and he was quite the thief
Sweet. Now I like him even more!

Quote:
Lucious
He as well is a historical figure with a cool backstory. Very good point with the potential with the gruts. I guess that’s why I didn’t make him too terrible strong on his own. Like Marcus…he can do fine on his own, but his main ability is to buff his army.
Yeah, he doesn't look too terribly strong on his own, and 120 points is definitely a lot to sink into for his buff. I just brought it up as an army to look out for, cause I know Arrow gruts used to be the top of the top.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards