Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2006, 09:42 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Summoning a Carrier

I remember this being discussed on HQ but it crashed before I could go back and read the outcome, if it ever ended. What if Saylind summoned Theracus or Brunak; would they be able to carry someone with them?

If so then you could move lindSay, summon Brunak, while carrying Drake. In essence you could move three heroes at once.

What if instead of Saylind it was the glyph of summoning?

---------------edit from Bunjee: adding info from post on page 24-------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
I asked Craig Van Ness at comic-con about this and he said that he could see the confusion with the current wording on the Saylid card and would try to remember to put in the FAQ that Saylid should be read as if the summoned figure is "PLACED" next to Saylid.

I can't believe any of you ever doubted this.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 09:44 PM

bobofett has disabled reputation
umm no carry is only used when the carrying unit is activated.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:18 PM

I'm not disagreeing but I would like to know your source. Just quote the card or rulebook for me and I'll be happy. Thank you.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i hae to agree with bobofett on this one. In theory, if i were brunak, and you were saylind, and bobofett was the player. Bobofett places a order marker on Saylind (you). you then summon me (brunak) with me having no warning at all. One minute, i'm standing there, the next i'm not. There would be no chance for the unit-to-be-carried to get on my back. ya know?

but then again, this is Valhalla, so some crazy stuff could happen......like me mindshackling your saylind, then you re-mindshackling your saylind........
Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:54 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofett
...carry is only used when the carrying unit is activated.
I'm with bobofett on this one.

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Spear of Summoning
After moving and before attacking, choose any figure you control on the battlefield, then roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-8, nothing happens. If you roll a 9-20, move the chosen figure to any space adjacent to Saylind. If the summoned figure is engaged, the figure does not receive any leaving engagement attacks.
Quote:
Carry
Before moving Brunak, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Brunak. After you move Brunak, place the chosen figure adjacent to Brunak.
Quote:
Carry
Before moving Theracus, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Theracus. After you move Theracus, place the chosen figure adjacent to Theracus.
Since no one will provide a valid argument against let me provide one for.

Look at the cards. By logical order you move Saylind, roll to summon, if successful summon Brunak/Theracus, prior to moving Brunak/Theracus you choose an unengaged friendly Drake, you move Brunak/Theracus to any space adjacent to Saylind, you place Drake adjacent to Brunak/Theracus. I didn't make anything up; I didn't interpret; I simply read the card.

As an alternative they could have just as easily changed the wording on Saylind to say "place the chosen figure" but they didn't. If they didn't mean move and all it insinuates then why use the word at all.

So do you agree with my argument or do you think that the Hasbro designers are illiterate? And if you don't agree please tell me why.

Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:24 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ
Look at the cards. By logical order you move Saylind, roll to summon, if successful summon Brunak/Theracus, prior to moving Brunak/Theracus you choose an unengaged friendly Drake, you move Brunak/Theracus to any space adjacent to Saylind...
No you don't. You summon Brunak/Theracus next to Saylind. You don't move them.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:24 AM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
I think the answer is in the wording...
It says: "Before moving" and technically when they are summoned they are not "moving" based on the move allowed on their card.
Am I making any sense or am I just tired?
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:25 AM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
Shakey Snake beat me to the punch!
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:25 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey_snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ
Look at the cards. By logical order you move Saylind, roll to summon, if successful summon Brunak/Theracus, prior to moving Brunak/Theracus you choose an unengaged friendly Drake, you move Brunak/Theracus to any space adjacent to Saylind...
No you don't. You summon Brunak/Theracus next to Saylind. You don't move them.
Saylind's card says "move" one could argue that you would get to bring a figure along with Brunak.

I don't agree with it, but a rules lawyer could argue it.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:27 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
well there is moving and then there is moving.

when Brunak takes his turn he moves (if desired) and then attacks. this is the movement i'm thinking about when i read his card.

moving him as a result of being summoned is a different kind of moving, imo. he is not moving under his own power. it is not part of the "move phase" of his turn.

i know it's splitting hairs, but i think this is what is intended on the SP for Brunak (and Theracus).

edit: holy crap. i think 5 of us posted at the exact same time. or i'm just a very slow typer, which is more likely
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:31 AM

bobofett has disabled reputation
You can't expect hasbro to get wording right if they can't get a release date right.

anyway i think what hasbro is saying is that you activate the card and then use its movement spaces that is the only time you can carry.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's