Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 18th, 2014, 02:10 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
C3G Tournament at GenCon

C3G Tournament at GenCon

I am organizing a C3G Tournament which will take place during Open Play, or Casual Play this year. The event is scheduled for Thursday, 9pm and you must purchase a ticket for this event through GenCon in order to participate in the C3G Tournament. There will be a prize for the overall winner donated by philanthropists.

The only units that will be allowed for this tournament are Marvel Hasbro and C3G figures. Open Play overall is open to anything, but for the tournament that I am running, those are the restrictions. For those who don’t have any C3G stuff, but would like to play, feel free to message me and I can hook you up with an army to play with for the tournament.

From 9pm-1am we will have 4 one hour games with a 1000 point limit. That is a lot of points but if we move it along I don’t think time will be an issue. Heroes tend to fall quicker because the higher attacks and special powers are much more devastating. This is the first time that something like this has been allowed at GenCon so it is kind of a test. I’d like to see some good participation, but remember the ultimate goal is to have fun.

So, any questions? The intent of starting the thread is to publicize, to coordinate about how many people to expect, but also in case there need to be clarifications. Tickets for Casual Play are on sale now.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old May 18th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Tournament at GenCon

I will be running my RPG at 8pm so I will not be able to make it. I could drop off some figures for prizes earlier though.
Let me know and I will see what I have for extras and try to get cards printed off.
You might want to consider putting together a few 1000 point armies that people can borrow if they are new to C3G and lacking figures.
Best of luck.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 24th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

To be honest I have never looked at the C3G stuff - if you just used stuff from Marvelscape could you do OK, or would you beat a disadvantage? Just wondering will start to look at some C3G stuff, thanks for doing this, pretty cool to see a tourney for the customs at GC

after taking a look - wow, you guys have been busy, and not sure if just Marvel scape would work, but why not try and use all these fun new guys

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Last edited by Hendal; May 24th, 2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old May 24th, 2014, 07:02 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would be willing to let you borrow some figures Hendal.
My collection is far from complete though. I imagine you will be allowed to proxy figures if need be. Perhaps Mailman will have some figures available also but I do not want to speak for him.
I plan on dropping off some extras for prizes, so there will be some figures available for use.
I highly recommend Frankenstein, Wendigo & Dragon Man for an army.
Fun and easy build and they all bring the pain.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 26th, 2014, 07:06 PM

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Hey Hendal- You are welcome to use just the Hasbro Marvel stuff. But I would recommend using some of the C3G stuff. It's really a blast. I have quite a bit of stuff that you could choose from. I have 1000 point armies pre-arranged, right now I have 23 DC and 33 Marvel already laid out. And then I could put something together special. Let me know and I can hook you up.

I'll be the odd man out. If there is already an even number of people, then I'll sit out. But if I need to step in then I'll play so someone else doesn't have to sit out. I'll probably do a Professor X army, but some combo that I haven't tried before. The X-Men are very fun to play with.

The Orange Mailman
Old May 28th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OK, sounds interesting, I will have to try this out I think, thanks for the offer of lending me some stuff - makes it worth entering. Thanks

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 15th, 2014, 05:14 PM

So what would people like to see as the prize? Professor X plus the original 5 X-Men? Fantastic Four plus Power Pack? Or perhaps a Marvel Master Set? What is your pleasure? There will be a party favor for everyone who plays, just a single C3G figure with a card.

The Orange Mailman
Old July 15th, 2014, 05:37 PM

I still plan on bringing some figures for you to give away. I need to go through my extras and see what I can spare but I know I have a few Satanus figures as well as some extra Heroclix.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:50 PM

Hey thanks Tornado, that's awesome. Satanus is definitely a cool sculpt and character. Anything would be appreciated. Not sure how many will participate. I'm just going to play it by ear and be the extra person in case there is an odd number. Give me a shout when you know what you've got.

The Orange Mailman
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:52 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Not gonna be there, but might I suggest one or more people bring one or more armies in the Super Hero Draft Cards thread 1000 point post and let poeple who have never played borrow.

Also, people probably want to know if proxies are allowed. I'm not taking about using the Hulk to be Superman, but if other sculpts (usually heroclix) of the same character are allowed to be used other than the "official" C3G ones. Also, custom modded figures like Master Mold would be especially hard to come by without proxies or people loaning.
Old July 17th, 2014, 06:13 PM

Good thoughts. I brought quite a few 1000 point armies to GenCon last year and had them available for open play and I plan on doing the same thing this year. Quite a few of my armies have proxies in them. For instance, Sandman's sculpt is a little hard to find but I got another perfectly suitable one. I'm pretty laid back about stuff like that.

The Orange Mailman
Old July 17th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to this, it sounds like fun!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con