Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Closed Thread

Old July 18th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Vehicle Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
We could always add this to the rules:

EMERGENCY EXITS
If a figure you control that occupies a Vehicle has no space it can legally exit to, you may instead use the Emergency Exit special rule. After moving the Vehicle, instead of exiting normally, place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of the Vehicle. After placing the figure, roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, the affected figure receives one wound.
Yeah, maybe. Let's put that in our hat for now and see if we need it, because it does sound a bit like an actual power for a card but you never know.
Old July 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That could work. It is clear that that only happens if you get thrown somewhere that the figures can't get out.

This is going to be a good Christmas.
Old July 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It does - but it seems like something that would be needed for just about any car, depending on the map.
That said, this might just be a case of - if you're playing on a map where this can happen, be really careful about getting into a car ...

Edit: And the fact that the car has to be within 3 (or 4 if Magneto's there) spaces of the "bad place" in the first place should save it from being a problem most of the time. If I'm paying attention, I'm not driving my car to a spot that's 3 spots away from where Superman could toss it and put me in a really tough spot.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2011, 09:11 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I heard that.
Old July 18th, 2011, 09:27 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And if a map only has spots like that - I'm not getting in the car!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 20th, 2011, 12:36 AM

Just a few edits that need to be made:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
OCCUPYING VEHICLES
Figures occupying a Vehicle are not on the battlefield.
A figure occupying a Vehicle may still have Order Markers placed and revealed on its Army Card.
If one or more of your figures occupies a Vehicle, you now control that Vehicle. However, you may not place Order Markers cannot be placed on the Vehicle's card.
  1. By saying that only "you" (the controlling player) cannot place Order Markers on the card, leaves it open for other players to do it with powers from characters such as Joker.
Quote:
MOVING VEHICLES
In addition to the Size, Life, and Defense values contained on all Destructible Object cards, Vehicles have a Movement value. In order to move a Vehicle, you may reveal an Order Marker on the Army Card of a figure you control occupying that Vehicle and move that Vehicle, following all standard movement rules, except engagement. Vehicles cannot give or receive any leaving engagement attacks.Vehicles are never considered engaged and figures adjacent to Vehicles are never considered engaged with those Vehicles.
  1. Order Markers are revealed on Army Cards not figures.
  2. Wording the last line this way accomplishes all that we intend without losing opportunities for special powers that trigger on "engagement". Also, enemy figures should have a hard time shooting a non-adjacent figure while they have a race car up in their business trying to run them down.
I don't know how to fix this, but currently, I could put two Street Thugs in the same car. Then reveal an Order Marker on their card, then move their car twice for each of their substituted moves. I think what we want is to limit the movement of vehicles down to just one activation per turn.
Quote:
EXITING VEHICLES
After moving a Vehicle you control, you may choose an empty space adjacent to the Vehicle and place a figure from the Vehicle on the chosen space. You may exit with any or all of your figures on the same turn. Figures may not move during a turn in which they exit a Vehicle.
  1. It should be a vehicle you control so that special powers that may "move" opponent's figures (or vehicles) around wouldn't allow opponent's to force enemy figures to jump out of a car and into lava or whatever.
Quote:
DESTROYING VEHICLES
If a Vehicle receives enough damage to be destroyed, after removing it from the battlefield, place all Drivers and Passengers of its occupying figures on empty spaces previously occupied by the destroyed Vehicle. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, all figures that previously occupied the destroyed Vehicle receive one wound each. If a figure that was occupying a destroyed Vehicle cannot be placed on a legal space or spaces, that figure is automatically immediately destroyed.
  1. We changed the terms so that Drivers and Passengers are now obsolete terms.
  2. I prefer the implied timing and finality of the term Immediately.
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:57 AM

OP updated to address all of your concerns and some of mine (such as - if you're taking a turn with a bonding figure that doesn't reveal an Order Marker, but is occupying the Vehicle, can you move the Vehicle - I decided yes, but needed to adjust the language to make that work). Let me know how I did!
Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming.

Old July 20th, 2011, 01:01 AM

Can you point me to the Bonding issue? I thought of that today but the rules prevented Bonding driving and I liked that, but I will reserve judgment for now.
Old July 20th, 2011, 01:06 AM

I think they prevented it, but it felt kind of unclear and confusing. I mean, what would you do if you revealed an Order Marker on your Street Thugs and your only Crime Lord was in a car? Just leave him twiddling his thumbs in the car until they can get an Order Marker on him? That doesn't really work for me.
Honestly, right now at least, I feel like entering a Vehicle has almost as many disadvantages as advantages. So breaking up bonding too would make it even less appealing.
Anyway, I shifted some language around in the Moving section to accomplish the approach I feel is best to leave bonding intact. Some bonding powers that require clear sight, etc. (Like Robin and Vigilantes), will still be broken up, but those that don't (like the Street Thugs and Crime Lords) will remain intact.

Old July 20th, 2011, 01:17 AM

Sure, that works.
Old July 20th, 2011, 01:19 AM

Cool.

Old July 20th, 2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
MOVING VEHICLES
In addition to the Size, Life, and Defense values contained on all Destructible Object cards, Vehicles have a Movement value.
After revealing an Order Marker on one of your Army Cards, before taking a turn with a figure you control occupying a Vehicle, you may move that Vehicle. You may only move a Vehicle once for each Order Marker you reveal. Each Vehicle can only be moved once per turn.
When moving the Vehicle, follow standard movement rules, with one exception. Vehicles do not make or receive leaving engagement attacks.
  1. I think it just sounds better
  2. I am not sure how to word that last sentence, because "making" nor "giving" leaving engagement attacks sound very good to me.
Where is the clarity on the bonding issue? I am getting tired, so forgive me for being dull.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library