Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 14th, 2010, 10:11 PM

Kerlin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Kerlin's Customs

I was looking at all the great customs around here and got inspired to make some. I've made a few, but I'm never confident in my pricing or wording of skills so I thought I would post one here and ask for any helpful feedback.
I have not tested either of these customs yet but hopefully I can do some testing this weekend.

New custom to go with the Nature Spirits:

I used a Forest Nymph from mageknight.

My first custom that uses a new generl and new backgrounds for the image, text and stats:

I used Jackal Guardian from Mageknight and based the figure off of the monks.

Nature Spirits:

I used 2 Solonavi Drones from Mageknight.

Last edited by Kerlin; December 16th, 2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: New card.
Old December 14th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kerlin's Customs

They seem a little overcosted to me, but I like them.

I like the dynamic you've created with the nature marker(s) and the Bound Power.

I'm thinking Tandros or Krug would be a good hero for these guys.

Kudos on your first custom.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 15th, 2010, 08:41 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

The Nature Spirits are very creative.

With Natural Order I am not clear on what you are going for. The way it is worded it seems you could move a Nature Spirit, then a Plant, then a Nature Spirit, then a Nature Master. Is this what you were going for?

Here are some wording suggestions for the other abilities...

ONE WITH NATURE
If a Nature Spirit is adjacent to an evergreen tree or a jungle piece, you may add 1 to its defense

NATURAL BINDING
Begin the game with one Nature Marker on this card. After moving and before attacking with the Nature Spirits, you may choose one unique hero you control that is adjacent to a Nature Spirit. Place the Nature Marker on the chosen hero’s card. A figure with a Nature Marker on its card loses its Class and Personality. Instead it has the following characteristics:
·Class: Sacrifice
·Personality: None
If the chosen hero is on the battlefield, all Nature Spirits you control may add 1 automatic shield to their roll when rolling defense dice. If the chosen hero is destroyed, place the Nature Marker back on this card.

NATURAL ORDER (?)

BOUND POWER
If Nature Spirit you control is destroyed, you may place 1 wound marker on the card of a Sacrifice figure you control. You may then place the destroyed Nature Spirit on any empty space adjacent to any evergreen tree, jungle piece, or a Sacrifice figure you control.

Unfortunately the wording takes up more space than what you originally had.

The phrase "you control" takes up a lot of space but it is necessary to avoid confusion in case your opponent also has some Nature Spirits in his army.

The wording for Natural Binding is also longer but it based on the Lycanthropy power wording on the Werewolf Lord's card.

Again, very creative. I look forward to seeing more.
Old December 15th, 2010, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the feedback. With the Natural Order power I was trying to say that you can take a turn with either a Plant or a Nature Master(not both) or with their sacrafice at the same time as you take a turn with the Nature Spirits.
Old December 15th, 2010, 10:17 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlin View Post
Thanks for the feedback. With the Natural Order power I was trying to say that you can take a turn with either a Plant or a Nature Master(not both) or with their sacrafice at the same time as you take a turn with the Nature Spirits.
OK, that works.

You might want to change the wording just a little. The wording now uses plurals (Plants, Nature Masters). If you change it to say "any Plant or Nature Master you control" it should clear that up.

Also, (sorry for my ignorance) can you take a turn with the other fig at any time during your turn with the Nature Spirits or only before or after taking a turn with the Nature Spirits?
Old December 15th, 2010, 04:40 PM

I updated the card with your suggestions and changed the Natural Order text and lowered point cost a bit. Hopefully the new text is easier to understand.

You take your turn with the other figure at the same time as the Nature Spirits. You move and attack as if it was a squad of 3.
Old December 17th, 2010, 04:39 PM

I was searching for some good figures to go with the Nature Spirits when I saw the Treant from DnD, but I'm not sure if it fits well with Heroscape.
Does anyone know if the Treant fits easily on a double hex base?
Also does anyone know any good plant-like figures or any other figures that would go well with the Nature Spirits?
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM

I tested the Nature Spirits with my friend a bit and they were way to strong in our first game. I used Tandros Kreel as the sacrafice and kept him back with Kelda.
The Nature Spirits (with a very small amount of help from Athelia) took out my friends 495 pt. army of Cyprien, Sonya, Heirloom, Ana Karithorn, Eldgrim, and Thorgrim. I also forgot about the auto shield they had for the game.
We decided they should not be able to spawn at jungle pieces or evergreen trees and that they had not needed the auto shield.

We played a second game with the chnges and they only killed one or two KMA before dieing and almost taking Tandros with them (I did not use Kelda this game so Tandros was not getting healed).

I have not decided what to do yet, but the first way they were too strong and the second way they were two weak. I will update their card as soon as I think about what to do with them.

We also tested Athelia, but she was overshadowed so I don't have any changes for her yet, and we tested a couple other customs that I am working on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards