Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 4th, 2010, 01:00 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Listing of Unreleased Classics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Links #2-4 are the same figure. And it's not my favorite, the sculpt looks weird.
I know its the same figure. I just wanted to show that it was readily available. There are other dragons from Mage Knight that would just as good, but this is the cheapest one.
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:38 AM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

What about a Schleich or Papo dragon?
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:52 PM

SabastianBludd is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
I like the looks of them, but everything I've seen points to them being much too large to base for HS. Go here to see how large the blue Papo dragon is.

I don't know why the Large Blue Dragon from Deathknell can't be used, especially if the base is just trimmed rather than replaced altogether. If you examine the pictures here, it looks like there is plenty of space on both sides of the outcropping that can be saved. It might end up being larger than a peanut base but it shouldn't matter as long as it's not longer than 2 hexes and no wider than 1. Anyone want to check this fig against some HS hexes to see if this is even feasible?
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabastianBludd View Post
Quote:
I like the looks of them, but everything I've seen points to them being much too large to base for HS. Go here to see how large the blue Papo dragon is.

I don't know why the Large Blue Dragon from Deathknell can't be used, especially if the base is just trimmed rather than replaced altogether. If you examine the pictures here, it looks like there is plenty of space on both sides of the outcropping that can be saved. It might end up being larger than a peanut base but it shouldn't matter as long as it's not longer than 2 hexes and no wider than 1. Anyone want to check this fig against some HS hexes to see if this is even feasible?
They said they wanted something on the same size scale as the Icarian ones though, right? Large Blue Dragon is going to be Othkurik size. See that Drow riding the lizard next to it in that picture thread you linked to? That thing's about the size of a minion/Ice Troll.
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I have that Large Blue Dragon, and Robotech Master is right. It's pretty much the same size as Othkurik, or maybe even a tad smaller.
Old December 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thanks for the link. From those pictures it looks the perfect size to me. The Icarian dragons are roughly equivelant to a "huge" dragon D&D, maybe even a touch bigger. If you look at the size comparison on the bottom of the link, the Papo dragon is almost exactly the same size as the Against the Giants huge red dragon, but the Papo dragon has the advantage of a more slender wyrm-like form that could fit on a peanut base.
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:29 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the Papo dragons! I really want to see them in scale though. They also offer a variety of others on Amazon with it, like Safari's Sea Dragon, Mountain Dragon and Chimera (ancient dragon enemy?) and then some other Papo dragons to include Oriental Lungs. I really like the options here.

Oof...I got nothing to sign with now
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I bought one of the McFarlane dragons to see how they looked. It's just slightly bigger than the HS ones, but not too much. The only problem is how to base it...
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:05 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I have that Large Blue Dragon, and Robotech Master is right. It's pretty much the same size as Othkurik, or maybe even a tad smaller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
Quote:

They said they wanted something on the same size scale as the Icarian ones though, right? Large Blue Dragon is going to be Othkurik size. See that Drow riding the lizard next to it in that picture thread you linked to? That thing's about the size of a minion/Ice Troll.

If you look here, the Large Blue Dragon is pictured next to Kaemon Awa. Yes he's about the same size as Othkurik.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:13 PM

SabastianBludd is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
If you look here, the Large Blue Dragon is pictured next to Kaemon Awa. Yes he's about the same size as Othkurik.
Wow, that is pretty small. That's too bad because I really like the sculpt. The Papo one is OK but I don't know how I'd base it, and some of the others I've seen on Amazon seem too long to fit on 2 hexes. And that's not even taking into account the various wing spans...
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:29 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If we rebase the Large Blue Dragon, it would only serve as the Othkurik for Aquilla. We have to find something Huge, to serve as one of the Icarian gods

Oof...I got nothing to sign with now
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:13 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just bought a bunch of Monsterpocalypse and orderd some of the Empire of the Apes units. They would be perfect primadons. They are easily rebasable, readily available, and the common ones can go as cheap as .45 cents on TrollandToad. Here is a link to the figures I am talking about. the ones that are ten dollars and above are huge figures, Tor-Kul-Na size. http://teamcovenant.com/store/monste...re-of-the-apes

A movie is comming out based on this game and it is going from collective to non-collectibe. Both of those points will keep these units available. Whearas, DnD minis will slowly dwindle in availability.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units