Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 25th, 2016, 08:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

I just recently bought a clix Venom figure, before that I used the Hasbro one for both cards. I still only use the Hasbro Hulk figure for both cards, that sculpt is awesome. As for the question to play them with Classic Scape or not, I do not mix the two anymore. They can be mixed, I just found it not to be as much fun that way. The problem is that Classic Scape is all about about the squads, so much so that your Superheroes get taken down by a handful of puny minions which can be rather disappointing. The C3G squads are better balanced such that they are still useful but do not overshadow the heroes. Even so, I personally prefer to have Hero vs. Villain battles for the most part.
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:49 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
@Ronin , @TrollBrute

Thanks for the quick answers.

Is there any reason that I can't print out the C3G cards for each character and just use the Hasbro sculpts for all versions of these characters? Just swap out cards when needed?
Not at all! I use the Hasbro sculps for most of those characters myself. Hasbro's quality was much higher than WizKids' is.
Good. Thanks! One more thing. While looking through the C3G rule books I couldn't help but notice that most of the maps and scenarios called for the castle expansion, and in most cases, TWO castles . I currently only have one RotV master set and soon one Marvel set. How important are the castles to C3G? I don't think that I can justify buying two castles. I guess what I'm asking is can I enjoy C3G with the terrain that I have or is there something else that I really need? If so, what?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; May 25th, 2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
@Ronin , @TrollBrute

Thanks for the quick answers.

Is there any reason that I can't print out the C3G cards for each character and just use the Hasbro sculpts for all versions of these characters? Just swap out cards when needed?
Not at all! I use the Hasbro sculps for most of those characters myself. Hasbro's quality was much higher than WizKids' is.
Good. Thanks! One more thing. While looking through the C3G rule books I couldn't help but notice that most of the maps and scenarios called for the castle expansion, and in most cases, TWO castles . I currently only have one RotV master set and soon one Marvel set. How important are the castles to C3G? I don't think that I can justify buying two castles. I guess what I'm asking is can I enjoy C3G with the terrain that I have or is there something else that I really need? If so, what?
1. I didn't play Classic before Marvel so I don't have a lot of experience mixing.

2. I actually play the Hasbro Dr. Doom more than the C3G version

3. I didn't buy multiple versions of the same characters...except for Iron Man once Mark V came out. I use all the Hasbro versions for their C3G counterparts. I also for instance only have one Batman that I use for all 3 Bruce Wayne figures, one Superman...etc.

I didn't have any castle sets for a long time and was fine. Heck I didn't have any tiles for a long time and created my own city...if you search you can probably find my super hero city thread. Point is have fun with what you have and don't worry about what you don't have until you are ready to expand. Just have fun.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:28 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The 'official' maps are just options based on experience, which are really only required when play testing. What kind of map you want to play on is up to you. C3G uses a lot more castles pieces than Classic maps for theme reasons, plus the fact that so many figures have flying/leaping/teleporting/etc. in C3G. If you follow the Cityscape and My Custom Terrain (page 8 for modern city stuff) links at the bottom of this post you can find ideas for how to add to your maps without hunting down the official terrain.
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Save your money.

If I have my way you will be able to build your own city maps with zero map pieces, though it would require at least a base map which could be printed.

Join the Danger Room(sometime in the near future) to learn more.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

A castle set or two will easily allow you to build more "official" C3G maps, but it's not at all necessary to play C3G. It's a nice set to have, and it's still relatively cheap, but it's not something you have to have if you don't want it.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:26 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Well thanks for all the advise. It would be nice to have a castle set or two but I was hoping to find a SotM set for a reasonable price. I feel like I would be getting more bang for my buck with that set, as I would have to choose between the two.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 27th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Really, when it comes to terrain, just find what you can find within your budget. None of the maps are "must haves." They're all just fun if you want and can.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 27th, 2016, 06:35 PM

Its too bad that these Infinity sets do not come with hexes printed on them as they look like they would be cool for the C3G project.

Old May 28th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It would be a bit tedious but you could draw in hexes.
You can use glyphs(nice for the straight edge) or a single hex for smaller areas.

You can make a larger template by tracing around a standard card(the same size a 7hex piece) on a piece of cardboard, then cut out the center hex. This allows you to trace out your lines fairly quickly.

Someday I am going to try to create a large template that I could lay down and just blast with some spray paint.

japes is working on urban printed maps and I am constructing buildings so we should be able to simulate that set-up eventually. Though ours will not be quite that high quality not being plastic but they will be cheaper.

If you poke around you can find files to print 'base' hex maps. They free up a lot of hexes and make for easier map set-up.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 4th, 2016, 08:03 PM

Wasgo knows what's in an order marker Wasgo knows what's in an order marker

Is there a PDF with all the glyph stickers on it? If not, are there any glyphs I should be printing multiple of?
Old June 4th, 2016, 10:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
Is there a PDF with all the glyph stickers on it? If not, are there any glyphs I should be printing multiple of?
I have printed multiples of the batman utility glyphs since multiple figures have the utility belt power and sometimes I want them all to have Bat Grapple. The generic ones such as Loot, Team-Up, Superspeed, and Time Bomb.

I also created multiples of Green Kryptonite, Replicator, Shield Belt, Lazarus Pit, and Temporal Displacement.

Nega Bands have two figures that use them so if you want to use them both in the same army you'd need two.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy