Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Closed Thread

Old October 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Are the sides unbalanced?

I think the sides (not generals) are unbalanced. You have Jandar, Ullar, Vydar, Einar, Auqila (don't know correct spelling sry) vs. Utgar. It's not as fun to play Good vs. Bad any more, for the Good side has an extremely large amount of units to pick from. I think it should be Jandar, Ullar, Einar vs. Utgar, Vydar, Auqila. Anyone agree?

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nope. When I stack my cards my Utgar tower is pretty much as tall as all the other generals combined.

~Aldin, wickedly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 18th, 2007, 12:04 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Do we really need this thread again?
Old October 18th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nope.

~Aldin, monosyllabically

EDIT Has there ever been a word more inappropriate in relation to its meaning than monosyllabic? /EDIT

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 18th, 2007, 12:07 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Yes.

EDIT: Curse you, Aldin.

~NecroBlade, fist-shakingly

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 18th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
I'm going to have to agree that the sides are balanced...

Utgar has by far the most variety when it comes to common units, so theoretically, if you have multiples of all commons his army crushes everyone else by sheer numbers alone.

Giant armies of Marro
Giant armies of Orcs
Tons of evil soulborgs.
A growing wolf army.
And an ever growing army of the Undead.

I don't have tons of multiples (about two of every Utgar common, three of a few specific ones) and my stack of Utgar is by far the biggest and only slightly smaller than all my other generals combined (granted I dont have everything but I think Utgar would still be holding his own)

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old October 18th, 2007, 01:00 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Utgar has way more synergy within his camp as well. If anything, the odds are tipped in his favor.

Except that Einar has samurai, so there's no way anyone could defeat him even if all the generals teamed up against him with all of his non-samurai units. Even if he only had Kaemon Awasome , he'd still win.
Old October 18th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
EDIT Has there ever been a word more inappropriate in relation to its meaning than monosyllabic? /EDIT
Abbreviation isn't too far behind that.
Old October 18th, 2007, 03:06 AM

Minnion has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Utgar has way more synergy within his camp as well. If anything, the odds are tipped in his favor.

Except that Einar has samurai, so there's no way anyone could defeat him even if all the generals teamed up against him with all of his non-samurai units. Even if he only had Kaemon Awasome , he'd still win.
So how would Kaemon Awa compare to "Kaemon Awesome "? Both are samurai, and both have the same first name, but one is a custom that you made and the other is an official figure...

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old October 18th, 2007, 09:57 AM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot
evil soulborgs
did somebody say Deathwalkers 7000, 8000, and 9000?
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:10 AM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
Quote:
I'm going to have to agree that the sides are balanced...

Utgar has by far the most variety when it comes to common units, so theoretically, if you have multiples of all commons his army crushes everyone else by sheer numbers alone.

Giant armies of Marro
Giant armies of Orcs
Tons of evil soulborgs.
A growing wolf army.
And an ever growing army of the Undead.

I don't have tons of multiples (about two of every Utgar common, three of a few specific ones) and my stack of Utgar is by far the biggest and only slightly smaller than all my other generals combined (granted I dont have everything but I think Utgar would still be holding his own)
I agree, I sorted all my cards last night by general, and the Utgar stack is HUGE. I usually find my self playing vydar, but I'm looking forward to getting the Utgar flag bearer and having some serious fun with turn 1.

Sometimes when we play some of us just happen to end up fielding an entire army by one general, but most of the time they're usually mixed, and we will end up fielding armies with a little bit from every general.
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
GW Bush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER
Quote:
evil soulborgs
did somebody say Deathwalkers 7000, 8000, and 9000?
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog

So how would Kaemon Awa compare to "Kaemon Awesome "? Both are samurai, and both have the same first name, but one is a custom that you made and the other is an official figure...
First of all, the LAST names are the same. Secondly, "Kaemon Awa," as you call him, is Kaemon Awasome . There is no custom figure.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units