Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 7th, 2019, 10:58 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Lost Land T-Rex ( Public Playtesting )

Looks like the HGs took out twice their points at least in the first game. Is that right?
That build does not look like it has much firepower, especially when the HGs take out Batman and Robin. @Ronin thoughts?
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I would buy a cost bump based on my games. Cable didn't have a hard time with them, but he's Cable. They can be pretty nasty against mid-level heroes.
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Looks like the HGs took out twice their points at least in the first game. Is that right?
That build does not look like it has much firepower, especially when the HGs take out Batman and Robin.
Yep, Batman charged in, hoping to take them out with batarangs. He failed and paid for it. Hired Guns took out about 360 points the first game, leaving 240 for 2 T-Rexes. In the 2nd game, Hired Guns took out 160 points, leaving 440 points for 3 T-Rexes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:09 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

360? Nice. I take it you do not think the HGs are under cost?
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I would buy a cost bump based on my games. Cable didn't have a hard time with them, but he's Cable. They can be pretty nasty against mid-level heroes.
40 points?
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:11 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Oh, I totally do! I said as much when I was asked about them when I was in the ERB too.

But the T-rexes are undercosted too. There's not much comparison in C3G but look at classic HS figures with similar stats.

Quote:
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:21 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Oh, I totally do! I said as much when I was asked about them when I was in the ERB too.

But the T-rexes are undercosted too. There's not much comparison in C3G but look at classic HS figures with similar stats.
Good point Quozl!

So Mr. Dwarf is the best place to start in this case. Adding in his situational Sneak attack, then attack power is the same. Similar defense, but different life. Darrak has spidey-sense to make up for less life, but it's not terribly good. I'm not even going to mention disarm traps or weak-minded. Weak powers that are even more situational. Rex has strictly better movement.

So basically, the dino is similar when Darrak is at full power, which is terribly situational depending on figure placement and shadow tiles. So by that logic, the dino is strictly better and deserves a point bump either way. How much is up for a discussion!
Old June 7th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Good point Quozl!

So Mr. Dwarf is the best place to start in this case. Adding in his situational Sneak attack, then attack power is the same. Similar defense, but different life. Darrak has spidey-sense to make up for less life, but it's not terribly good. I'm not even going to mention disarm traps or weak-minded. Weak powers that are even more situational. Rex has strictly better movement.

So basically, the dino is similar when Darrak is at full power, which is terribly situational depending on figure placement and shadow tiles. So by that logic, the dino is strictly better and deserves a point bump either way. How much is up for a discussion!
To be fair, that comparison discounts the effects of the actual figure - being double based means that the T-Rex's mobility likely isn't as strictly better as you say, and can make some difficult ground impossible to claim (though it is admittedly a plus when fording rivers). In addition, the large stature of the T-Rex will make it an incredibly easy target, while Darrak's smaller form can be hidden much more easily. Size also factors into special powers - far more immunities (mostly a couple of auto-kill powers in classic, mostly figure movement in C3G, lockdown powers in both) but it also bars them from some positive special powers like Carry, and makes them unable to climb ladders (which matters in some situations, but is pretty niche). Still, a points bump is probably in order, though I'm not convinced by a bump of 40 points.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 7th, 2019, 12:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I didn't discount the size factor exactly, I just personally don't believe it factors much into points, similar to those powers I mentioned. Sure the dinos lose out on a few positive powers, but were they going to use them often anyway? I think the river crossing of double space figures cancels out the positioning weirdness. And that's dependent on the map anyway (Street Thugs are WAY more powerful on a good map, which is why I wish they didn't have that power).

Just looking at raw stats the dinos should be higher, personally. 40 points? Not sure. But higher.

Also Darrak has some sweet dwarf synergies, these guys have Beastman, so that's kind of a wash too.
Old June 7th, 2019, 01:00 PM

Closest comparison I can find in C3G is Lagoon Boy, who is weaker and 90 points.

Quote:
Old June 7th, 2019, 01:07 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Closest comparison I can find in C3G is Lagoon Boy, who is weaker and 90 points.
Yeah I think Darrak is even better than Lagoon Boy. Thought obviously being a Titan is a definite plus.
Old June 7th, 2019, 02:31 PM

Since when do we base C3G cost on classic figures?

Lagoon Boy certainly has more synergy than the T-Rex. Not sure we should be including not finished designs here. You are trying to justify cost by including a design that has gone through one public test, that has never been tested with this design.

Would like to get a response from @Ronin here on how much of a bump is needed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library