Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 14th, 2014, 01:05 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I just saw a really funny new TV commercial. So as not to spoil it yet, I'll just say that one of the stars was the actor who played Jonathan Kent on Smallville...
Old November 14th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I've been watching the first season of Community with my daughter on the hulu. For whatever reason we never saw it when it first aired. That show kills me.
Old November 15th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Watched last Monday's Gotham.

I'm really enjoying this one. I like the "beginnings" aspect of it, as well as why it's important and worth fighting for what's right, even when it's the most difficult and unpopular path.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 15th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The bits with young Bruce are quickly becoming my second favorite part of that show (after the Penguin parts). The main stories with Gordon and Bullock still feel a bit so-so .... I think I know what's missing, though:

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 15th, 2014, 01:30 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Anyone else excited about the joint Supernatural, Sherlock and Dr. Who mini series being planned?

Edit: My mistake, I realize now that this was a prank...

Last edited by Ninja Status; November 15th, 2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Sorry
Old November 16th, 2014, 09:38 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Shopped at my local Street Guy Display and picked up the original BBC 2 color series Civilization (1969) by Sir Kenneth Clark. Really enjoying it. I had the book and read parts of it with my girlfriend at college back then, but we kept getting distracted.
Old November 16th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The bits with young Bruce are quickly becoming my second favorite part of that show (after the Penguin parts). The main stories with Gordon and Bullock still feel a bit so-so .... I think I know what's missing, though:

The mustache will come later...they probably want to keep him looking a little younger and hip for a while But as far as Gordon and Bullock, yeah, it's so so for now, but I think (hope) they have just slow-played their development for the longer haul. They just pretty much established that Gordon is not going to become part of the system that keeps Gotham broken, and it seems that slowly, others (starting with Bolluck) will join him in becoming part of the solution and not continue to be part of the problem. That said, since I DVR the show, I fast forward past scenes with Barbara, as her character/role in the show is boring as heck IMO. Though, it does show Gordon's commitment to his job by not being around for her as much as she'd like.

Yeah, the young Bruce evolution is cool. It's not the main focus of the show, but the little tidbits here and there are neat in seeing him develop and get on the path toward becoming Batman.

The Penguin story is neat for sure. I like how he manipulates others, but is fine in doing some of his own dirty work.

Old November 16th, 2014, 10:02 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think my biggest issue with all the cop stuff is the complete lack of subtlety. It's like you could walk up to a cop on that show and ask "are you crooked?" And they'd be like "Hell yeah, now get out of here before I beat you with this bat!" They all wear their crookedness on their sleeves, which feels really unrealistic (and takes away from a lot of suspense they could have otherwise).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
I think my biggest issue with all the cop stuff is the complete lack of subtlety. It's like you could walk up to a cop on that show and ask "are you crooked?" And they'd be like "Hell yeah, now get out of here before I beat you with this bat!" They all wear their crookedness on their sleeves, which feels really unrealistic (and takes away from a lot of suspense they could have otherwise).

Yes, I totally agree. That is a negative thing about the other cops beside Gordon and Bullock. When Zsasz came into the precinct and all the cops bailed on Gordon, that was a bunch of crap IMO and over the top. I understand that the show wants to show Gotham in such a dark and dirty way, but like you said, it lacks the subtlety that would make it much better.

Old November 16th, 2014, 02:57 PM

IMO, the two hardest, but most important things to have in dramatic writing are patience and restraint.

Old November 16th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
IMO, the two hardest, but most important things to have in dramatic writing are patience and restraint.
Yes.

"Patience Master Bruce"

Old November 22nd, 2014, 08:10 PM

A very exciting major thing just happened for me, and I know some of you will appreciate the addict's joy, even if you're not into Japanese anime. Years ago a pal attempted and failed to get for me off the internet the final season of the long running and well beloved series: INUYASHA: THE FINAL ACT. After collecting a shelf full of the series, the last season did not get the approval of the original manga artist, the famous Rumiko Takahashi, (and now one of the wealthiest people in Japan, if you're not impressed by her artistry). She did not permit it to be issued, as she felt it deviated too much from her own version, and we long time anime fans were left with a sense of disappointment. Now I just turned on Adult Swim, and somehow "Inuyasha: TFA" Episode 1 is being broadcast On Demand!

If anyone knows the story of how it was finally permitted to be put out there, please let me know. In the meantime, I'm about to finish a journey of many years, that ended temporarily years ago. Yay! I'm hoping that, as usual, the DVDs will become available after the TV showing, and I'll finally be able to complete the collection I started long ago on my third major Takahashi series (after Urutsei Yatsura/Lum (the films only, although I've seen the whole TV series) and Ran Ma 1/2, two of the most wacky and mythological extended romps ever made).

What a great preholiday present for me! Time to hit the couch and watch. Hope all you Half Dog Demon fans out there will join me, if you didn't know about this before!

"Sit, boy!"
--Kagome, Inu Yasha

(Looks like the two DVD sets are out at the last couple of brick and mortar stores left! Tomorrow I'm off to Manhattan!)

Last edited by chas; December 31st, 2014 at 11:23 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV