Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Blood drinking vamp? 59 62.77%
Flesh eating zombie? 35 37.23%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 28th, 2006, 11:13 AM

lightfight has disabled reputation
Yeah, but being killed by a zombie would be MUCH more painful than being bitten by a vamp. Just my opinion.

Old November 30th, 2006, 12:40 AM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
I agree with Rev. Vampires are much sexier. Seriously though, at least there is the possibility of a vampiress seducing you before she drains your blood. I don't think I'd want a female zombie seducing me. Come to think of it, how would a female zombie seduce anyone? I've met a few people that probably could be seduced by some incoherent groans and grunts from the typical zombie. So if I were to die by either or, it would be a vampire.

Which would I rather be? I'm too picky of an eater to eat brains, flesh, etc., so I would just stick to blood.

Old November 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
On a side note, HBO is developing Preacher into a series. That may be deserving of it's own thread.

Old November 30th, 2006, 01:00 AM

lightfight has disabled reputation
Wow, I barely beleived you until I checked wikipedia. That's great. I might have to get HBO now.

Old November 30th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
Come to think of it, how would a female zombie seduce anyone?
You haven't seen Dead Alive, have you? hehe. I love that movie!!!
Old November 30th, 2006, 08:53 AM

Shadow has disabled reputation
vampires are much more stealthy than the clumby zombie. hiding in the shadows is just much more apealing to me. plus you get to turn into a bat!

the down side is that a vamp, if hes sleeping, is easy to kill.

"Man is immortal; therefore he must die endlessly. For life is a creative idea; it can only find itself in changing forms"
-Rabindranath Tagore
Old December 2nd, 2006, 04:58 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
Quote:
YES!!! I forgot about that movie, I own it on DVD, and I LOVE it. It's so funny. That movie is like Shawn of the Dead in the sense that it's a comedy about zombies. I love them both!

Click to see more...
Old December 2nd, 2006, 05:25 PM

Josef has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
Quote:
YES!!! I forgot about that movie, I own it on DVD, and I LOVE it. It's so funny. That movie is like Shawn of the Dead in the sense that it's a comedy about zombies. I love them both!

You guys should check out Brain Dead. I'm pretty sure that it is the full version of Dead Alive. Never released here or somthing (unless they braught it here as of late)
To check, you guys remember the Lawn Mower, haha, now thats killer.

And Preacher on HBO HOLY SMOKES!!!!!
Old December 8th, 2006, 04:00 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeperOfPeace
Hey guys,
I did read/ scan over most of the posts here so I wouldn't be echoing someone else. Anyway, a good reason why people might like zombies over vampires is because ordinary people have a much better chance up against them.

Think about it, which one do you think you could beat? I know that I could fight zombies, Vampires, not by myself. I would figure that some fans would find this a quality in that they would do a better job than the characters in the actual sitituation. How many times have you almost (or have) yelled at the screen because you know that you would have turned left instead of right? Because you knew that you would be safer driving than walking/ running. Because you knew that the melee weapon was just such a better choice than the gun?

This alone to me, is sufficient evidence to think that some (obviously not all) zombies fans are like this. They prefer to think of what they can kill.

To me, I can't quite figure out what a Vampire would be like. maybe it would depend more on their personality than anything.

Plus, (as I believe others have said) zombies are used in a sense to pay for ours sins. I mean to say, that zombies are said to spread as a "flood" because they will cleanse the world of evil in short.

I would not fall into liking either of these creatures as I am one who does not die by the hand of evil.

But if I must, I would pick a zombie.
Um the thing with zombies is that they are sort of a pack scattered around everywhere you will become one constantly replenishing thing. Lone zombie is not terribly threatening but there is never a "lone" zombie. The whole point of them is the spreading of them and the fact that in a given zombie scenario they are inevitable. You can kill 1000 of them and you can bet there are going to be that many more in a short time to deal with again.

Apparently .. well at least in movies, vampires are really easy to stop. Just don't be attractive and they won't bother you. Problem solved.

Also the whole day time kills them thing kind of makes Vampires less scary .. that and the thought of a horror monster standing in front of a mirror making sure he looks good just aint' scary.
Old December 8th, 2006, 08:20 PM

hobbesthebrainslug has disabled reputation
i like the classical vampire image, dracula, manfred von carstien, von strahd zarovich. so being one of them would be kool. the modern day vampires are just...dumb...and emo...and i dont wanna be emo.

zombies are kool too, thier image almost never changes! plus they gather in gigantic hordes.
i think during the zombie apocalypse if someone were to **** me off i would put a helmet and some bullet-resistant stuff on before i got bitten. take that!

Grut name: Erjunak
Marro name: Na-Dav-Kak
Old December 23rd, 2006, 10:09 PM

AKflip has disabled reputation
Ok one the subject of vampires and zombies, I would have to say i like vampires more. That is based on a) which would i prefer to be turned into b) the power and intelligence of vampires c) less frightening and if a vampire get you its not going to slowly eat you piece by piece. (well based on the majority of materials out there about vampires anyway) And finally vampires seem relatively harder to kill. But Personally i prefer werewolves over both.
Old April 12th, 2007, 01:52 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
I love them both. But, if I had my choice, I would much rather be a Vampire!

Just to put forward exactly which of the two has played a more important roll to me, my license plate reads PHANGZ. You see, I have very pronounced canines (all four) and was asked repeatedly while growing up if I wanted them "fixed". The answer every time was a resounding "NO!" Anytime I am around a pushy vegetarian (in California this is an everyday occurrence) I simply growl and show the fangs, the conversation ends at that point.

However, my fascination with Zombies was never far behind. From the minute I picked up Tales of the ZOMBIE! as a kid, I couldn't get enough of Simon Garth. The dark anti-Comic Code serial was just much too out of the ordinary to ignore. I was heavily into monster make up as a teen and Simon Garth was my very first endeavor into the realm of 3D make appliances. It was a simple single piece appliance, but I could creep out the strongest stomach with that one! Simon could have given most any Vampire a run for his money ...

Malechi, Check out Legion of Monsters Manthing #1. It's a one shot that just went on sale today. The whole second half of the book is a Simon Garth story by Ted McKeever! I used to love Metropol by McKeever. I never was much into The Manthing, but when I saw Simon Garth's name on the cover today, I just had to pick it up. I just now opened it to find that it's by McKeever: BONUS!!!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General