Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 17th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Kyrie

Hey y'all--I'm back and with a real treat for you all. Kyrie for the new(ish) Generals, that is. Kyrie are fairly hard to come by, custom-wise, so the chance to make some is always appreciated. Anyways, on with the show.

Character Bio: Ulethor is the greatest of all Champions, the reigning king of glorified warfare. All those under his watch go into a frenzy, fighting with unmatched vigor, turning any fighter into a killing machine.

Ulethor is an interesting guy, all right. For only 120 points, his aura is twice as good as Taelord's for Melee units. Only problem is, Ulethor's Glory Aura 2 works on all melee units within his range, so that includes enemies. Even so, Ulethor is great for melee units of any sort, and makes for a good counter to Ranged foes. His best friends are Kyrie--Minions of Utgar with 4 attack, Einar Imperium with double attack for 5... Even Sentinels of Jandar are good with him, having 5 attack and not caring less for how much the enemy is attacking for. Is 120 a fair price for such a double-edged sword, and one that could be used to destroy him? Let me know what you think.

Character Bio: Many of Sigyn's loyal Kyrie take to the battlefield, empowering her summoned warriors to reach new heights. These Signifiers of Sigyn wield the legendary Tomes of Glory, enchanted with Wellspring waters to further bolster allies around them. They may not be great and powerful in their own right, but only a fool would underestimate these warriors, and the already fearsome heroes they enhance.

Signifiers of Sigyn are an odd stab at Kyrie for Sigyn, being book-keepers and only a 2-man squad at that. But 110 points is a bargain with their Tomes of Glory, adding one attack die to all adjacent Melee allies per Signifier. They can power up allies and each other to become incredibly dangerous, especially with further boosts from Ulethor. Speaking of which, Sigyn's Orders helps iron out OM problems with these guys, making them and their Kyrie hero a bit more unpredictable. Still, mighty as they can be, they are only a 2-man squad at the end of the day, and at 55 points per figure at that. Are they worth it? Idunno.

Well, that's all for today. Comment or whatever, and I'll see you all next time!

~TAF

(figures used:
Faelith = D&D Solar Angel
Ulethor = Mage Knight Lord Varatrix
Signifiers of Sigyn = Mage Knight Solonavi Domineer, Quavon)

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 3rd, 2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old May 17th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: KYRIE

I think you've got Faeleth's figure wrong - I'm looking it up and I can't find anything. I also seem to recalll it looking larger than Medium 5.

Other than that, these guys look awesome!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 17th, 2015, 05:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The cards and figures look pretty good. Ulethor is fairly cheap for giving an aura like Taelords, granted its to figures with plus 1 range. But that is still pretty powerful. Also he has much higher stats except for 1 less life for a hundred points less. The card is nice, but I think it is not nearly expensive enough.
Edit: Even with helping out enemies, he is not expensive enough. Granted that should take it down a couple notches. Also, on Ulethor's card and the signifiers card, the point cost number overlaps the word points.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 17th, 2015, 06:15 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The cards and figures look pretty good. Ulethor is fairly cheap for giving an aura like Taelords, granted its to figures with plus 1 range. But that is still pretty powerful. Also he has much higher stats except for 1 less life for a hundred points less. The card is nice, but I think it is not nearly expensive enough.
Edit: Even with helping out enemies, he is not expensive enough. Granted that should take it down a couple notches.
Yeah, you're right, even if Taelord is wholly overpriced. 120 is much fairer, only 60 points less. If you're fighting a Ranged army, there's really no drawbacks, so there you have it (even if they might deserve it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Also, on Ulethor's card and the signifiers card, the point cost number overlaps the word points.
The point cost number is a little low on the cards because of the format template on my Custom Card Creator. It's a little off when using Soundwarp's Custom General Cards, but it's the best I've got. The Frejya cards have it particularly bad, but it can't be helped. :\

~TAF

EDIT: My bad, L_O--the figure's a D&D Solar Angel and it is't quite Medium 5. I must've picked the wrong miniature for the card.

Old May 29th, 2015, 04:05 PM

Arrow Mirror man & bugs

Hello again, I'm back!

Today I've got some new weird and wonky units to test out: the mysterious Xivvix and the Deadly Pelthanin Wasps!

Character Bio: One of Xenothea's chiefest spies, the elusive Xivvix can manipulate targets for an extent of time that would make most Mind Flayers jealous. With it, he can turn battles on their heads and create political chaos just so long as he lands his lucky skill.

In the meantime he wanders through enemy territory, invisible to all but those at an arm's length. In his long treks of lonesomeness, Xivvix enjoys Solitaire and a good Bagel.

This Pathfinders Mirror Man mini makes for a potent figure indeed! Able to control an opponent's figure for a whole round at just a roll of the die, Xivvix can really turn the tables on an enemy giant! The downside is that he can only try once per round, so if you flop you'll be stuck with OMs on the now useless Xivvix. Luckily with Mirage he can avoid most ranged fire and stay on the lam while he's waiting for his next chance to strike.

If he does gain control of a unit and that unit is destroyed, Xivvix is also in turn destroyed since he cannot be placed at the end of the round. Thus he cannot be used lightly, and is mostly just a counter-pick against armies with really big baddies.

Well, that's all for today! Leave a comment and tell me what you think and I'll be back eventually! (no glyph this time sor).

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 3rd, 2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 06:11 PM

Arrow Fire cult 1

Hello all! I'm TheAverageFan back with some new content (a lot of it, actually).

-the fire cult is currently undergoing an overhaul and will return later-

Athed is sorta like Grimnak, at 120 points with a power similar to Chomp, although Athed must move through his targets with Soul Reap. He's less durable than the Orc Dinosaur, and his bonding is less stellar, but overall he's faster and harder to tie down, so it's a toss-up whether he's better or not. Does a Headless Horseman count as a Demon and not an Undead? Idunno--it does for me.

~TAF

(figures used: Pathfinders minis
Athed = Dullahan)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; October 25th, 2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old June 7th, 2015, 07:43 PM

Arrow Fire cult 2

Hey, y'all (there is still a y'all, isn't there?), I'm back with the rest of the Cultist units for now. Check out the remainder of their forces:

Calypse of the Inner Circle brings the whole army together. With Fires of Hell, Calypse takes the lava to the map, turning all land spaces within a 4 space radius into lava field spaces, which really boosts the advantage for the Fire Cultists. Send him straight into the enemies' ranks at the end of the round, and chaos is sure to ensue. Additionally, he powers up the 20-d reliant Fire Cult with Ozirael Supremacy. So long as he doesn't die, all Ozirael figures will add 2 to their rolls. Should he perish, however, Calypse will reduce the same number from all rolls, so he should be used with caution.

Well, that's all for today. I promise I'll be back with more interesting stuff later. Until then...

~TAF

(figures used = pathfinder minis
Caster = Lamashtu Cultist
Father Sear =Thelsikar
Calypse = Polkovnik Lavrenti)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; October 25th, 2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old June 8th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: FIRE CULT 2

Yep, still a y'all! Sorry, been meaning to reply. I really like Xivvix and the Fire Cult (Pelthanin Wasps are cool too - wish there were figure! ). I'd just like to make a comment on Calypse - are the last two spaces of Fires of Hell meant to be in addition to lava field damage, or to say what happens on his card? If the former, then, it's extremely powerful, and, as written, still damages figures with Lava Resistant. If the latter, it means that there would be two rolls as written (one for Fires of Hell and one for lava field) and those last two sentences should probably be removed - that effect is there inherently from the spaces becoming Lava Field. That said, he looks utterly awesome to play! I'm almost wondering with all the demons and chaos going on here whether the Fire Cult should be Valkril (with Valkril representing chaos and Ozirael being oppressive, regimented order), but that may just be me, and maybe it is meant to be a regimented order cult and not a chaotic one. Love the designs!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 8th, 2015, 12:59 PM

Question Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: FIRE CULT 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'd just like to make a comment on Calypse - are the last two spaces of Fires of Hell meant to be in addition to lava field damage, or to say what happens on his card? If the former, then, it's extremely powerful, and, as written, still damages figures with Lava Resistant. If the latter, it means that there would be two rolls as written (one for Fires of Hell and one for lava field) and those last two sentences should probably be removed - that effect is there inherently from the spaces becoming Lava Field.
It's definitely the latter, lifted from the Greater Ice Elemental's power, simply to explain how such spaces work for those who don't have Volcarren Wasteland (or the Tundra in the case of the GIE) and may not know the rules for them.

~TAF

Old June 8th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Hard as ice

Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: FIRE CULT 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'd just like to make a comment on Calypse - are the last two spaces of Fires of Hell meant to be in addition to lava field damage, or to say what happens on his card? If the former, then, it's extremely powerful, and, as written, still damages figures with Lava Resistant. If the latter, it means that there would be two rolls as written (one for Fires of Hell and one for lava field) and those last two sentences should probably be removed - that effect is there inherently from the spaces becoming Lava Field.
It's definitely the latter, lifted from the Greater Ice Elemental's power, simply to explain how such spaces work for those who don't have Volcarren Wasteland (or the Tundra in the case of the GIE) and may not know the rules for them.

~TAF
Ah, having seen the wording for the GIE, I stand corrected. Moving on.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 11th, 2015, 01:18 AM

Arrow Warforged and Mind Flayer

I'm back real soon, with a quick batch of heroes for you all: Vydar and Xenothea give us some more tricky units to work with.

Character Bio: Puncture is a shifty Warforged assassin, able to dispatch foes in pairs with ease. With his advanced cloaking technology, he is completely invisible from afar, making him impossible to see at all times! Or, it would be impossible to see him at all times, if the dang thing didn't keep glitching out on him, that is.

Well, since everyone else on this site had used this mini at least once, I may as well try my hand at him... Puncture is a glass cannon of a ranged unit. At 90 points, he is similar in many ways to Syvarris, albeit with more punch with Speed Reloader. Plus, with his Infiltrator skill, he has no hit zone for the first 2 turns of every round! Of course, his Range of 5 means that getting adjacent to him is no big deal, either. Unlike Kaemon Awa or Syvarris, however, Puncture needs to be nonadjacent to get his Double Attack, so once he's tied down he's a lot less useful. Is he better or worse than Syvarris? Well, let's see...

Puncture:
  • More Attack
  • More Durable
  • No Hit Zones with Infiltrator

Syvarris:
  • Double the Range
  • More reliable Double Attack
  • Various Elf synergies

Character Bio: Working out his dark magic from the shadows, Yetche'tem weaves chaos amidst the battlefield. His mind control is so powerful, it can spread from infected minds like a virus. With such a powerful spell, Yetche'tem can send his Mind-Flayed minions all the way from the front lines to the enemy reserves, destroying even the most well-protected units.

Yetche'tem is another Mind Flayer, this time working for another Valkyrie. His twist is that he can control entire Squads instead of Heroes with his Group Enslave 17. With Common squads, this easily enables you to pick the ones in the most favorable positions and turn onto your opponent's undefended units, even those in the Start Zone. With such massive board control capabilities, Yetche'tem needs only worry about his own health. Luckily, Quick Stab Special Attack should help with that.

Well, that's all for today. I'll be back with more before too long. Let me know what you think: too weak? Too strong? Some other third thing?

~TAF

(figures used: D&D miniatures
Puncture = Warforged infiltrator
Yetche'tem = Mind Flayer Scourge)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 3rd, 2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old June 12th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TAF's Customs UPDATE: WARORGED & MINDFLAYER

I like the Warforged Infiltrator. This seems like a good take on the mini. I would drop his cost by 5-10 points though. Durability is nice, but Brandis does several of the same things but still sucks (and he is more Durable yet!). That's not to say you don't have to drop the cost, especially if you just want a low profile unit.

Yetch's Group Enslave is potent, I'll give you that. Like the MFM, his ability is army dependant. Psuedo Squad armies don't care about him, while horde armies probably don't either. The mixture style armies, or perhaps Unique Squad armies would be poised to take a good beating if you hit a 17 at least.

Cool units Taffy!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards