Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 27th, 2022, 10:35 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
If you want him to be splashable with MRT or Makwa, you could try this (note I've renamed the power too):

TRIBAL HERITAGE
If you have at least one Fearsome Human [optional: who follows Aquilla] in your army, Jim Whitecloud has the class of Tribesman instead of what is listed on this card.
This feels a little forced. I would suggest going even simpler:
Quote:
TRIBAL HERITAGE
At the start of the game, you may change Jim's class to Tribesman instead of what is listed on the card.
The figure numbers are on the low side, but good enough for me. I rather like the design. It does a good job of feeling both like a Tribesman and a Lawman.
Old July 27th, 2022, 10:50 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Really great work here @Leaf_It and @Pumpkin_King !

FWIW I think I prefer your original Heritage power over the Fearsome Human angle, since there's nothing inherently tribal about fearsome humans I find it more thematic that being around other tribesmen brings out his tribesman side. However, that's a slight preference and I think its a strong design either way.

Given how Tomahawks are usually depicted as a throwing weapon in movies and pop culture, I think its a bit strange that it only works in melee range, but I understand that it might be mechanically desirable to limit it to melee given the Lasso interaction.

I'd also recommend against changing his personality to Fearsome just to match the other tribesmen. The other Native American figures embody that theme with their focus on stealth and their War Cry. A lasso/tomahawk wielding lawman just doesn't quite hit that same note for me.
Old July 27th, 2022, 11:14 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
If you want him to be splashable with MRT or Makwa, you could try this (note I've renamed the power too):

TRIBAL HERITAGE
If you have at least one Fearsome Human [optional: who follows Aquilla] in your army, Jim Whitecloud has the class of Tribesman instead of what is listed on this card.
Quote:
TRIBAL HERITAGE
At the start of the game, you may change Jim's class to Tribesman instead of what is listed on the card.
The figure numbers are on the low side, but good enough for me. I rather like the design. It does a good job of feeling both like a Tribesman and a Lawman.
Is there any problem with just giving him both classes all the time?

Quote:
TRIBAL HERITAGE
Jim has the class of Lawman in addition to what is listed on this card.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old July 27th, 2022, 11:15 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
I'd also recommend against changing his personality to Fearsome just to match the other tribesmen. The other Native American figures embody that theme with their focus on stealth and their War Cry. A lasso/tomahawk wielding lawman just doesn't quite hit that same note for me.
I disagree. I think Fearsome is broad enough to cover Jim, and I think it makes a nice tie-in beyond changing his class.
Old July 27th, 2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post

Quote:
TRIBAL HERITAGE
I don't think there is, actually, but I suspect the majority of VC would disagree.
Old July 27th, 2022, 11:47 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Tomahawk should be renamed Tomahawk 2 to keep with the Agent Carr precedent, i.e. Sword of Reckoning 4

Love this custom
Good point. I'll do that. Thank you.
Quote:
Quote:
TRIBAL HERITAGE
I liked the idea that you could run him an army of both Lawmen and Tribesmen, and once the Tribesmen were gone, he'd start synergizing with Clayton.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
I disagree. I think Fearsome is broad enough to cover Jim, and I think it makes a nice tie-in beyond changing his class.
The Mohicans and Brave Arrow have Concealment for a stealth angle, but the Teeth of the Makwa, and the Makwa Tribesmen, don't have any abilities that imply stealth. And the word "Fearsome" doesn't really imply stealth either.
I already have his personality of as Fearless. Fearsome is so close to that already, that it's not much of a change. I think I'm going to make him Fearsome.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
TRIBAL HERITAGE
I don't think there is, actually, but I suspect the majority of VC would disagree.
Wait is this actually an option? I would greatly prefer giving him both all the same time. Or even just giving him both while another Tribesman is alive in the army. I just assumed the design would get rejected if I did that.
Old July 27th, 2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I liked the idea that you could run him an army of both Lawmen and Tribesmen, and once the Tribesmen were gone, he'd start synergizing with Clayton.
I think that's much more of a "sounds neat" idea than a practical one. I don't think it's worth complicating the power for that.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
TRIBAL HERITAGE
Wait is this actually an option? I would greatly prefer giving him both all the same time. Or even just giving him both while another Tribesman is alive in the army. I just assumed the design would get rejected if I did that.
As an Editor, I'm pretty sure there's no problem with it. But everyone has different lines they aren't willing to cross, and I suspect that's one. Could try it with both first and see what happens.
Old July 27th, 2022, 11:56 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I just assumed the design would get rejected if I did that.
Assuming does something bad to both you and Ming. Don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 27th, 2022, 12:29 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Leaf It and I were discussing a potential alternate version of Lasso in Discord.

Quote:
Lasso 11
After moving and before attacking, if Jim Whitecloud is not engaged, you may choose a small or medium opponent’s figure within 5 clear sight spaces in a straight line from Jim whose base is no more than 2 levels above Jim's height or 5 levels below Jim's base. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may move the chosen figure up to 3 spaces in a straight line towards Jim Whitecloud. Figures moved by Lasso 11 never take leaving engagement attacks.
Would this wording work from a rules perspective @Scytale ? I think that movement "toward a figure in a straight line" is clear enough (the straight line requirement really helps here imo), but since "toward" something isn't precisely defined in Scape terminology I wanted to make sure it would work.
Old July 27th, 2022, 12:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

“Move” implies space-by-space, counting levels etc. Is that what you’re envisioning?

I much prefer the Chain-Grab-style power either way.
Old July 27th, 2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
“Move” implies space-by-space, counting levels etc. Is that what you’re envisioning?
Yes. Thematically it makes sense to me that its harder to pull someone up a hill, impossible to lasso them up a cliff, and possible to pull them into a hole.

I also really like the image of Jim dragging a figure along the ground without necessarily needing to pull them all the way next to him.
Old July 27th, 2022, 12:44 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I came up with a wording that uses the minimum number of spaces wording from the Concealment ability that the Mohicans have.
Quote:
Lasso 11
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a small or medium opponent’s figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Jim Whitecloud. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may move the chosen figure up to 3 spaces. For each space moved, Jim must have clear sight of the figure, and the minimum number of spaces between Jim and the chosen figure must be less than the minimum number of spaces between Jim and the space they moved off of. Figures moved by Lasso 11 never take leaving engagement attacks.
This is a little wordier, but it allows the ability to be used from anywhere, instead of needing to line yourself up Mimring style.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards