Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 30th, 2019, 02:08 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Margloth's Ex-Hero Ramblings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Considering the size of Godzilla, what can a person hope to achieve by punching/kicking him, or shooting him with arrows/bullets? Maybe he's just too big of a threat for our rank and file characters to deal with.
Couldn't you have said the same thing about Galactus, Anti-Monitor or Beyonder?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 30th, 2019, 02:22 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Considering the size of Godzilla, what can a person hope to achieve by punching/kicking him, or shooting him with arrows/bullets? Maybe he's just too big of a threat for our rank and file characters to deal with.
This is also part of why I specifically want to see "Godzilla, but hit by a shrink ray as soon as he lands in 'C3G World' ". Beyond matters of figure practicality, it just seems to make more sense / seems easier to balance if he's 'handicapped' a bit where other people can logically effect him in a more even manner. I just don't feel like Godzilla in his natural state is a great fit for a tactical wargame about superheroes in the first place. Even if the size stuff could be worked out, he's just from a very different genre.

----

Oh, I should also clarify that while I am very attached to Godzilla (for me anyway, I don't really do attachments in general), and have consumed like a solid 75% of all Godzilla/Gojira media that's available, I'm also not going to really fight anyone over this.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 30th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m not saying being huge is the only feature of his character, but I do think it’s the biggest (pun not intended) one. If somebody describes a character as Godzilla-esque, the first thing I’m thinking of is that the character must be big and destructive, not that they breath atomic fire or that they’re an expression of the fears of the collective Japanese subconscious or whatever.

I will admit that the idea of expanding the Godzilla-verse in C3G changes things a bit. I can see your logic there, but I’m not sure potentially putting Mothra in the game really justifies watering down Godzilla himself.
Old July 30th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
But... why would he be smaller than a bus? What earthly sense does that make?
What bus is this that he'd be smaller than?
The sorts of VDOs you were talking about earlier?
Spaceships and the Helicarrier, primarily.

Seems rules are in place, though

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 30th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There may be a big difference in generations here too. For the first 20 years of Godzilla, 1954-1973, he was about 150 feet tall. The current Godzilla in the movies is about 400 feet tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 30th, 2019, 03:12 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm more familiar with OG 'Zilla.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 30th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I see him as a lot like Batman where his portrayal changes based on what’s needed for the story. That could be an argument for multiple versions, like a ginormous smashy smashy version and a smaller team-up/crossover version.
Old July 30th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I see him as a lot like Batman where his portrayal changes based on what’s needed for the story. That could be an argument for multiple versions, like a ginormous smashy smashy version and a smaller team-up/crossover version.
I could see that.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 30th, 2019, 03:37 PM

Me too. I change my vote to C, both. I think there's room for two Godzilla designs and that best fits the ultimate goal of more people actually playing Godzilla.

Old July 30th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are you going to vote for everything?

Current votes:

A. Double-space Godzilla quozl; Lord Pyre; Tornado; Spidey'tilIDie;
B. Bigger than that! Lob5t3r; johnny139;
C. Both for different versions IAmBatman; MrNobody; Lazy Orang; Karat; Yodaking; Soundwarp SG-1; A3n;
Abstains: Arch-vile; Arkham; Ronin; japes; tcglkn;

Please vote: @LordVenoc ; @Scapemage ; @Margloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; July 31st, 2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old July 30th, 2019, 03:44 PM

We've had a lot of discussion after the initial vote proposal and I've stayed open to it and changed my vote accordingly. I've now reached the side I feel most confident in and urge you all to change your votes to C as well.

Old July 30th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Hard as ice

I vote C

He seems to have gone through enough changes and been used in enough different way over the years to justify two versions.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy