Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old February 6th, 2007, 06:06 AM

Braxev has disabled reputation
The Playtesting Gauntlet (w/ Pics!)

So tonight I decided- screw normal things. We're going to playtest some customs and work them out.

For those who haven't gotten a peek at my orc hero customs, check out this link for the lowdown on them.

The first battle consisted of my entire Orcish Hero Horde.
Vankal
Jergdac
Zernoc
Bodoc
Dackl
Fyde
Docnac

At 30/30/30/30/25/25/30 points, they were exactly 200 points.

And facing them, an army made up of squad units (so I could see how well they did vs. squads),
Knights of Weston
Aubrien Archers
Me-Burq-Sa (Because he's also a low-cost hero with 3 life.)

Note Bob the Knight. Bob the Knight never looks at his enemy- oh no, he always strikes from the side, blinding swinging while looking somewhere else.

Fyde crawled up the left side of the map as the others advanced towards the middle and plucked the map's first casaulty- a poor Aubrien Archer.

The other two archers come up on the other side of the map, and face off against two aubrien archers. DRAMATIC SHOT TIME.

One of them falls to Dackl's dangerous arrows- with the high ground, he's rollin 4 dice a shot. The other decides to flee as the Knights of Weston approach, but find themselves halted by Bodoc, the cleaver-wielding orc. Sneaking up on the elf, he cleaves the poor guy in two. Docnac follows Bodoc, having offering Bodoc protection from ranged with his Orc Dust.

don't ask me why the knight was trying to climb across the river. Fyde just shrugged and shot him down. Poor, stupid knight.

But then! The knights get into formation. One of them circles around Docnac and cleaves the orc in two! Another gets the high ground upon Zergnoc! Is all lost for our orcish heroes?

...nah.

As you can see, the orcs had no trouble at all mopping up the 2 70 point squads and only lost one of their kind. Me-Burq-Sa actually posed a serious threat to them, being able to paralyze and potentially kill them with a single roll, and able to outrun and outshoot them.

But he died, too.

I decided to ramp their points up to 40 each. As a result, using all of them now costed about 280.

The next battle consisted of the Orcish Horde, VERSUS...

Krug
Deathwalker 8000
Me-Burq-Sa, again

for 300 points.

This battle posed a serious problem for the Orcish Horde. Three of the melee heroes charged straight into the ravine, only to face a massive, ugly threat.. DRAMATIC SHOT TIME!

Krug demolishes the two heroes with ease as they attempt to wail upon him. Bodoc fled around the ravine into Me-Burq-Sa, attempting to destroy the marro quickly as possible.

He failed.

Docnac moves up to give Krug pause, forcing the beast to slow down his charge. Docnac takes one for the team- really, he takes 8 skulls to the head for the team.

But in doing so, Krug was forced to sit in the open where Fyde and Dackl picked him down.

Unfortunately, DWK8000 now felt he was needed in the fray and walked up to the battle to give them his assessment of the custom heroes.

He killed two in one turn. Poor Fyde and Vankal. So brave..

Dackl, of course, enacts revenge when the machine attempts to walk around the lake and fire a shot off at the orc archer, failing utterly, and allowing Dackl to find the one chink in his armor.

However, Me-Burq-Sa lives, and charges into battle. Jergdac and Dackl, the only two remaining heroes, attempt to charge him down.

They failed.

Summary: Custom Orcs kick squad's ass, but are massacred by heroes of any merit. Decision? Knock them down to 35 points each.

Next on the List: Playtesting Vormall and Vorthack (Repainted Tornak and Grimnak respectively.)

and so..
Vormall (100 points)
Vorthack (120 points)
Kelda

vs!

Knights of Weston
Finn
Tarn Vikings
4th Line

Tormall attempts to lead the charge, only to find his raptorian leaping skills unable to do much in such a tight area. As a result, he just walks into the ravine, only to find an advancing knight horde out for blood and revenge.

He tries to retreat, only to get caught from behind by Bob. Kelda tries to fly into the mix to heal him.

She heals him, but it is not enough. Tormall is surrounded and the furious onslaught of the Knights and Finn destroy his pitiful 5 life to nothing despite Kelda's healing efforts.

Vorthack is one unhappy dinosaur at this. He moves into the fray, and the knight swarm attempts to charge at him. Kelda is hacked at repeatedly as well, being reduced to 2 life.

Despite his impressive damage, Vorthack is being quickly reduced to death by his only 2 defense. Kelda attempts to fly to the rescue- but the Knight's Coward's Reward is rolled..

Vorthack is extremely unhappy with this. Manuevering to take his revenge, he murderizes the knight, and with his frenzy manages to take out Finn as well. Since Vorthack recovers 1 wound every time he kills something, Vorthack is refreshed from this bloodbath and moves on.

Then the unthinkable happens. The 4th line moves up while Vorthack is in the water so he may move up and charge towards the Viking and Line. With their high ground they roll 4 3 dice attacks, reducing Vorthack to a single hit.

But Vorthack comes back- he gets out of the water, and frenzies. And frenzies, and frenzies, and frenzies..

This restores him to nearly full life. The Vikings move in and attempt to wipe him off the face of Valhalla with their 4 attack (due to Finn's spirit telling them to use the FORCE) and nearly kill Vorthack yet again, but once more his frenzy rolls come through.

Vorthack slaughtered every single living thing in the enemy's army.

All praise Vorthack.

Winner: Vorthack
Overall Winner: Me-Burq-Sa, for being a freaking Orc Hero SLAYER

Both Vorthack and Vormall seem to be at a good point level (120 and 100) respectively with their performance, with Vorthack's decimation of the enemy team provided solely by luck- lots of it. Vormall should have done better, given his Pale Fury ability (He gains attack as he kills things) but was swarmed and destroyed before he could do anything.

Just like a normal game!

Til next time,
Braxev
P.S. Krug love you.

Old February 6th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Great recap Braxev, I really like the comical spin you put into your pictures. You take the time to show a great story and put time in to tell it well. The repaints and customs look great, I did see them in the customs thread but I didnt comment, yet. I am glad to see the play testing, I had thought 30 points/orc was a little lightly priced for thier massive abilities.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports