Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 6th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I am backing The Drowned Earth miniatures game on Kickstarter. That is totally something different than I have and looks so damn cool. The kickstarter campaign has maybe around 10 days left.
I looked up The Drowned Earth after I saw you mention it in the other thread. I noticed that they have the beta rules posted, as well as paper proxies to print so that you can try out the game. Have you been tempted to do that? The game does look and sound really cool.

And yeah, I knew that it was going to take me a while to collect enough terrain for Frostgrave. I had also been planning on playing Malifaux which also requires a lot of terrain. I still set stuff aside if I think that it could be used in some way. Because who knows, maybe one of my children will become interested.
Tempted...but then I snapped out of it, as I have had no time because of Frostgrave preparation. My buddy Chris has a ton of stuff for this and many other games systems, but I want to be able to have enough stuff at some point to be able to demo it or just play against someone else without needing any of Chris's stuff. I still have monsters to get and paint, though some Heroscape ones will work too. Before tomorrow's game, I still have to brush up on the rules and pick my spells.

Next Saturday at our group's all day event, I'm hoping to run a game of Halo Ground Command. I've spent a lot of money and time painting that stuff too, so I'd like to get it to the table again. Have to refresh myself with the rules for that too.

So as interested as I am in taking The Drowned Earth for a spin, I don't have time really, not to mention needing terrain for that game, as it's terrain heavy too, but jungle and swampy. I'm actually glad I won'tget it for a year, I need time for the games I have now, and time to collect more jungle and swamp terrain. Fortunately I have 2 sets of Ticalla Jungle to help out

Malifaux looks neat too. I've seen come cool circus looking terrain for it, as well as a lot of other stuff. I think my buddy Chris has some of the plastcraft sp? stuff designed for Malifaux, but can be used in other games.

Hopefully your children do get interested. Maybe if you show a passion for it, they will take interest and ask to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I think I need to sneak some of my unpainted figures into Hahma's house and see if he notices.

Great work on all those figures!
That is a brilliant idea!
Do I need to up my home security?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; May 6th, 2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old May 6th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
And yeah, I knew that it was going to take me a while to collect enough terrain for Frostgrave. I had also been planning on playing Malifaux which also requires a lot of terrain.
Malifaux is excellent, I played WH40k and Infinity before I stuck with Malifuax, it really is something special. I've never checked out Frostgrave though, maybe I should!

On a different note, I got my Dark Souls board game in today! The models look amazing, and I can't wait to demo the game by myself, then play it with my group next Saturday. They look like they'll be easy to paint too, armor is never to hard to do.

Titanite Demon and Knight PC, Roman for scale

Last edited by orgsbane; May 6th, 2017 at 08:21 PM. Reason: i dunt speks so gud
Old May 6th, 2017, 08:26 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

[quote=orgsbane;2147358]
Quote:
Malifaux is excellent, I played WH40k and Infinity before I stuck with Malifuax, it really is something special. I've never checked out Frostgrave though, maybe I should!

On a different note, I got my Dark Souls board game in today! The models look amazing, and I can't wait to demo the game by myself, then play it with my group next Saturday. They look like they'll be easy to paint too, armor is never to hard to do.
Yeah, I love everything that I have seen regarding Malifaux. I love the dark creepy setting, the story, the atmosphere, the fluff, the fate decks, etc. And the miniatures are amazing. I would love to play it.

The Dark Souls Game looks amazing but I have read mixed reviews about it. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on it after you have played.
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 6th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
And yeah, I knew that it was going to take me a while to collect enough terrain for Frostgrave. I had also been planning on playing Malifaux which also requires a lot of terrain.

I saw the Dark Souls minis at Adepticon a couple months ago, they did look neat. I look forward to hearing how it plays.

I have never been interested in Warhammer anything, but Infinity does intrigue me. My buddy has some of that stuff, so hopefully I'll get to try it sometime. He also has Guild Ball, Bushido and Arena Rex stuff. I want to play it all

Old May 6th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I saw the Dark Souls minis at Adepticon a couple months ago, they did look neat. I look forward to hearing how it plays.

I have never been interested in Warhammer anything, but Infinity does intrigue me. My buddy has some of that stuff, so hopefully I'll get to try it sometime. He also has Guild Ball, Bushido and Arena Rex stuff. I want to play it all
Infinity was cool, models were definitely a big draw. Just didn't have anyone to play it with .

Guild Ball looks like a ton of fun too, I haven't heard of Bushido or Arena Rex though, I'll have to check those out!
Old May 6th, 2017, 08:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@orgsbane . You lucky devil. I havent got my copy yet. Should be any time now I guess. Im trying not to look at kickstarter. Watched pot that never boils and all that.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 6th, 2017, 08:34 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

He also has Guild Ball, Bushido and Arena Rex stuff. I want to play it all
The cool thing about Guild Ball is, just like The Drowned Earth that was mentioned earlier, you can download the rules and paper versions of the miniatures right from the official website and try out the game before you buy it. I wish that they all did that.
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 6th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I love everything that I have seen regarding Malifaux. I love the dark creepy setting, the story, the atmosphere, the fluff, the fate decks, etc. And the miniatures are amazing. I would love to play it.

The Dark Souls Game looks amazing but I have read mixed reviews about it. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on it after you have played.
-
-
-
Oh yes, Malifuax's story is what got me to play it! I picked up a first edition rule book for super cheap and got hooked on the story.

I'll be sure to put up review once I get a feel for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@orgsbane . You lucky devil. I havent got my copy yet. Should be any time now I guess. Im trying not to look at kickstarter. Watched pot that never boils and all that.
I know, I was pretty tickled. I certainly kept checking Kickstarter. Bout every hour. Don't do that, it's bad for the sanity
Old May 6th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:

He also has Guild Ball, Bushido and Arena Rex stuff. I want to play it all
The cool thing about Guild Ball is, just like The Drowned Earth that was mentioned earlier, you can download the rules and paper versions of the miniatures right from the official website and try out the game before you buy it. I wish that they all did that.
-
-
-
Yeah, I like that too. Fortunately I have a buddy that dives into miniatures games because he likes the hobby aspect of it as much as anything. He loves to paint minis and work on terrain pieces. So now it's just a matter of finding the time to try his other games out.

Have you tried out the standees version of Guild Ball, with the online rules?

Old May 7th, 2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:

Yes.....sort of. I played some solo games to get a feel for the rules. I just used the stuff they provide online. For the play mat, I just flipped over my homemade X-Wing mat and marked out a Guild Ball field. It was enough to show me that it is a fun game and worth investing in, if you have someone to play with. Guild Ball has some nice looking miniatures too.
-
-
-

Old May 7th, 2017, 12:39 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:

Yes.....sort of. I played some solo games to get a feel for the rules. I just used the stuff they provide online. For the play mat, I just flipped over my homemade X-Wing mat and marked out a Guild Ball field. It was enough to show me that it is a fun game and worth investing in, if you have someone to play with. Guild Ball has some nice looking miniatures too.
-
-
-
One of attractions of it to me is that you don't need terrain. You can add some bits here and there, so it's more accessible in that regard. Seems that it is token heavy, with different statuses and effects, but certainly manageable. I'd make sure I'd have someone to play with before investing too much into it. While my buddy would certainly play on occasion, I would want more options in case he didn't have time. The minis are really fantastic. One of the teams my buddy has, is the one with the Bear and the characters wearing tartan. He did a great job painting those.

Bushido is a consideration, as you only need about the same amount of minis as you would for Guild Ball. There is a little bit of terrain, but not much required, and it plays on a 2x2 foot board. Only problem with it though, is that there are a ton of keywords and abilities for the characters. So it seems kind of fiddly in that regard. The rules for that are available online as well. A positive thing is that my buddy has some stuff for the game, and there's a group in Chicago that plays it on occasion. So it's something that could get played. Though, I should concentrate for on the systems I have.

Old May 7th, 2017, 01:06 AM

Quote:

Bushido is a consideration, as you only need about the same amount of minis as you would for Guild Ball. There is a little bit of terrain, but not much required, and it plays on a 2x2 foot board. Only problem with it though, is that there are a ton of keywords and abilities for the characters. So it seems kind of fiddly in that regard. The rules for that are available online as well. A positive thing is that my buddy has some stuff for the game, and there's a group in Chicago that plays it on occasion. So it's something that could get played. Though, I should concentrate for on the systems I have.
Dang it. I llove Japanese stuff. Must go Google Bushido...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games