Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old April 26th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon II Map Contest: Deadline May 7th

I'm very grateful to the all for the time that's been spent on this discussion that could appear asinine but ultimately does have a large impact as to how ladders feel on the boards. Personally my opinion was swayed by the discussion, so I think it had value in terms of shedding light on the rules. I don't intend to mischaracterize, but I do think this is in contradiction of the FotA rules, or significant expansion of the FotA rules.

My post was to let others know how I feel about this sort of conflicting ladder ruling in the community. I think it's very important to keep the way Heroscape is played as clear and consistent as possible. There's not one single person, whether it's you or Matthias or anyone else, who's in charge of these rulings. You certainly have the right to decide rulings for Scapecon, but everyone is impacted by these decisions and has a right to talk about them.
Old April 26th, 2022, 04:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think there's a non-zero possibility that a consensus is reached after this year's ScapeCon that will apply going forward relatively across the board. At least that's my hope. For now it's fine (helpful even) for OEAO to make a ruling for this map contest, doesn't 100% mean it's binding for future years.
Old April 26th, 2022, 07:10 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I think there's a non-zero possibility that a consensus is reached after this year's ScapeCon that will apply going forward relatively across the board. At least that's my hope. For now it's fine (helpful even) for OEAO to make a ruling for this map contest, doesn't 100% mean it's binding for future years.
I wasn’t going to respond to this, but I do want to make it very clear that I will change this ruling if and when the proper authority hands down a ruling (ideally CVN; if not, maybe someone from the Rules Team, if it still exists in some capacity). ScapeCon rulings will not be voted on. I will gladly change it if the proper person says that this interpretation is incorrect. Until then, this will be the rule for ScapeCon.
Old April 27th, 2022, 07:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I wasn’t going to respond to this, but I do want to make it very clear that I will change this ruling if and when the proper authority hands down a ruling (ideally CVN; if not, maybe someone from the Rules Team, if it still exists in some capacity). ScapeCon rulings will not be voted on. I will gladly change it if the proper person says that this interpretation is incorrect. Until then, this will be the rule for ScapeCon.
It has been revealed.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 27th, 2022, 10:06 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Fun Times

So I had a goofy idea and then the ladder discussion erupted and well...

Example 22

1 RotV + 1 TT + 44 ladders + Glyph of Ivor

Quote:
Added in for ease of reference

Herbert's Swamp Castle: Lava Edition

1xBTFU, 1xSOTM, 1xVW, 22 Ladders, 25 Battlements

~Dysole, giggling the whole time she was making this

Last edited by Dysole; May 6th, 2022 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added second map in
Old April 27th, 2022, 10:25 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

@Dysole you're a nightmare and a national treasure. Heavy snow I presume?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 27th, 2022, 10:29 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Let's Do It

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
@Dysole you're a nightmare and a national treasure. Heavy snow I presume?
Sure why not?

~Dysole, #CHAOS
Old April 27th, 2022, 10:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

No.
Old April 28th, 2022, 08:36 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Submission: Bridge of Shadows

Here's my revised submission:

Map Name: Bridge of Shadows

Build Requirements: BftU x2, VW x1, FotA x1 (Ladders & Battlements only)

Here's some screenshots from Virtualscape:

I tried hosting all of the files on Discord, I hope they work, but let me know if any of the images or the .HSC file (Virtualscape) don't display/download properly.

Virtualscape File (.HSC):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...of_Shadows.hsc

Direct Image Links:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...of_Shadows.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...dows_-_Top.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...dows_-_End.jpg

Thanks to @OEAO & @GameBear for lots of time and effort to help revise & improve the map (and my use of VirtualScape).

Last edited by Chris Perkins; May 7th, 2022 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Map altered on 5/7/22 | Images Brightened & Changed to JPGs
Old April 28th, 2022, 10:41 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the submissions!

Dok's a coward for not calling these the Unified Ladder Rules, but these are the ladder rules for ScapeCon as well (collaboratively built with a few members of the OHS team).

Hello everyone,

After a busy few days of reviewing past rules and rulings, considering many scenarios not covered, and workshopping with other TOs and interested parties, we've come out with a set of clarifications for how to play with ladders. The following will be the rules for all online events.

These clarifications are meant to align with the official rulebook in the simplest way possible while also aligning with the way we believe most people assume that ladders are supposed to work.

--------------

LADDER RULES
Small and medium figures can choose to ignore a ladder when moving down (but not when moving up).
Moving onto a ladder (when not already on that ladder):
If you must climb over an obstacle such as a battlement to access the ladder, count movement for climbing as usual. Then, consider the figure’s base level to be the level it has climbed to when considering its position relative to the ladder.

If a figure is more than 1 level above the highest rung of the ladder, it cannot move onto the ladder and must move to the landing space. Falling rules may apply.

If a figure is on the same level as the ladder's landing space, it must move to the landing space first.

If a figure is not on the same level as the landing space, it may move to a rung that is the same level as the figure's base, or one level higher or lower than the figure's base. 1 movement point.

Moving off of a ladder (from any rung) onto a non-ladder space (including the landing space):
If the space is more than 1 level higher, or if you are at a lower level than a battlement, railing, or ruin between the spaces, use normal movement rules for climbing.

If the space is a lower level, same level, or up to 1 level higher than current level (and there is nothing to climb over), move onto the space for 1 movement point.* Falling rules may apply.

* unless onto heavy snow/slippery ice, then 2 movement
Old April 28th, 2022, 10:57 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Four submissions so four.

All four use lava. And three use BftU.

Since my submission will probably use lava and BftU, I see I'll be in good company.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 01:26 AM

Joecrazy3193 is surprisingly tart

I just wanted to let you guys know I just found out about this contest tonight. I would of loved to been notified about this sooner but, it wasn't anywhere I normally look. Wasn't share on FB or Reddit or even Discord that I'm aware of. Something as fun as these contest are seem to very excluded and hidden. I will bring something to the table by the 7th. But, confused of why its not well spread? if you guys need help to bring attention to these contests and bring more heroScapers in I will help with that.

I'm Not Crazy I'm Joecrazy

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games