Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 19th, 2021, 03:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Thor (Avengers) (Hammer Time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The one thing that I feel I would change is the attack bonus from wielding the hammer. I'd go base attack 7 with +1 from the hammer instead of 6+2. As +2 I'm drafting a whole team full of Valiant figures just so I can keep passing around the glyph as the game unfolds.
Valid points. I considered at one point just having it change attack value to 8, but that would be insanely busted now that we have White Canary. She might be a problem anyways, +2 attack is pretty significant to a Deadly Strike effect.

What if it adds an auto-skull? Kind of a middle ground between 1 and 2, and doesn't cause problems with WC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm not following the theme of Avenging Asgardian at all. Thematically why is he converting blanks to skulls? What does that have to do with being an Avenger, Asgardian or, most of all (since you called it Avenging Asgardian and not Asgardian Avenger and because past versions had that effect of responding to enemy attacks/friendly destruction) it doesn't feel "vengeful" at all now. So I'm not really feeling this version of Avenging Asgardian.

I like the hammer but it feels a bit muddled. +1 or +2 attack is fine by me and fine letting playtesting suss that out. Maybe something about how he can't drop the hammer in his hammer power so that he can't hand it off? Though right now anyone can throw it on any space without having a target, so maybe there's no fixing that.

I will say I'm not super keen on the throw being part of the hammer power. Does Cap throw it? Is it really thematic for anyone but him to throw it?

My suggestion would be to move the hammer throw out of the glyph to the hammer power and make Avenging Asgardian more reactive (maybe he can use Thunder Storm when he or a figure near him takes a wound?)
Cap definitely throws it in Endgame (it's how the reveal of him using it plays out) and I do feel like that's what most people will want to emulate in gameplay, vs. Fear Itself or whatever.

I'd be fine changing the name on the first power to Asgardian Avenger or what have you if that would make more sense to people. I think the problem we're running into here is text length though. Moving the hammer throw aspect onto Thor's card just makes things overly wordy (IMO) and I think it also makes his card too long. I like the effect this version of he first power provides, but if we wanted to give it more of a 'avenging' feel, I'd probably just nix that effect and put the hammer throw bit there instead, kind of like what the original version of the design was doing;
Quote:
AVENGING ASGARDIAN
At the start of the game, you may choose 1 other Unique Hero you control and place a white Avenger Marker on its card. After an opponent's figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Thor attacks a figure you control that is Asgardian or has an Avenger Marker on its card, you may place the Glyph of Mjolnir from this card onto the space the attacking figure occupies, then roll an unblockable attack die against it.
Other option would be to move either the 'hammer recall' or 'lightning strike' aspects onto the Glyph, and then work the throwing bit into Hammer of Thor, but those didn't feel quite right when I tried to write them out.
Old February 19th, 2021, 03:39 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Cap also used the lightning with it as well, fwiw. Agreed with Bats on the blanks aspect not really fitting here. I like the rest of what you have for the card though. Throwing it, hitting people along its path, shocking people around him, pinning people, all good stuff.
Old February 19th, 2021, 04:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I was thinking of Cap using the lightning in the movie. But it's understandable if we want to make the thunder part a God of Thunder exclusive ability.

I like that version of the Avenging power in your last post, Nobody.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 19th, 2021, 04:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't recall that scene, but I only watched that movie the one time. If that really happened, then I feel like it was an oversight on their part and put in by an over zealous employee who doesn't actually understand the source material. In Thor: Ragnarok they pretty clearly lay out that Thor is the God of Thunder, not the God of Hammers. The Lightening is something he generates himself and uses after the hammer has been destroyed. As such any lightening themed powers should be on his card and not the hammer's card, as he should be able to still throw lightening around even without his hammer in hand.

I also like that last take on the Avenging power.
Old February 19th, 2021, 05:00 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

It was neat though. Just watched it a couple days ago for the first time since the theatre.

That Avenging power works for me.
Old February 22nd, 2021, 11:37 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
AVENGING ASGARDIAN
At the start of the game, you may choose 1 other Unique Hero you control and place a white Avenger Marker on its card. After an opponent's figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Thor attacks a figure you control within clear sight of Thor that is either Asgardian or has an Avenger Marker on its card, you may place the Glyph of Mjolnir from this card onto the space the attacking figure occupies, then roll an unblockable attack die against it.

HAMMER OF THOR
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Mjolnir on this card. Thor cannot lose this Glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. Before attacking with Thor, if the Glyph of Mjolnir is on the battlefield, but not on this card or the card of an opponent’s figure, choose the space the Glyph of Mjolnir occupies, and all spaces on a shortest path between the Glyph of Mjolnir and Thor. Roll an unblockable attack die against each Destructible Object occupying those spaces, and up to one other figure that occupies any of the chosen spaces, then place the Glyph of Mjolnir on this card.

THUNDER STORM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose up to 3 figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Thor to be affected by this special attack. Figures occupying water spaces subtract 1 shield from whatever is rolled when defending against this special attack. This special attack may only be used once per round.

SUPER STRENGTH
Quote:
NAME = GLYPH OF MJOLNIR
SUBTITLE = HAMMER OF THOR

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

Only figures with the Valiant personality and figures named Steve Rogers may equip this Glyph. This figure adds 2 to its Attack number when attacking an adjacent figure. If this figure is Thor Odinson, it gains the Flying special power. While a figure occupies the same space as Mjolnir, if it does not have the Valiant personality or the name Steve Rogers, it cannot roll for leaving engagement attacks and subtracts 1 from its Attack and Defense numbers.
How does this look? Could always go back to unblockables for the Thunder Storm effect, but all 3 of his powers dealing out unblockables felt a bit overkill to me. Having all the unblockable stuff just be focused on the hammer feels cleaner to me.

Slightly modified the wording on the recall effect as well, and also made it so the "pin-down" effect on the hammer subtracts from attack as well as defense.

I guess I'll request a wording check from @Karat and then a card space check from @Arkham , cause I know this is getting close to the text limit. But mechanically, this is feeling very solid!
Old February 22nd, 2021, 01:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I'm digging that direction.

Thematically, and if cuts are needed for space, I wouldn't be against the hammer just hitting all figures on its return path.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 22nd, 2021, 03:57 PM

It fits on our minimum font size we've previously gone. I'd cut what you can to bump it back up.
Old February 22nd, 2021, 05:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Having both a SA and a way to get unblockable certainly give him options vs. many different units. I agree with Bats that just having the Hammer hit every figure when returning to his hand will save some text space and shouldn't be an issue. You don't get to choose the return path so it shouldn't be too difficult for your opponent to avoid lining up multiple figures in a row. If anything make it before moving instead of before attacking and it will be easier to avoid. Still think the weapons should only grant a +1 attack boost so Thor will continue to be the guy you want to have holding onto it.
Old February 22nd, 2021, 05:56 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

My only suggestion would be:
Quote:
HAMMER OF THOR
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Mjolnir on this card. Thor cannot lose this Glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. Before attacking with Thor, if the Glyph of Mjolnir is on the battlefield, but not on this card or the card of an opponent’s figure, choose the space the Glyph of Mjolnir occupies, and all spaces on a shortest path between the Glyph of Mjolnir and Thor. RPlace the Glyph of Mjolnir on this card and roll an unblockable attack die against each Destructible Object occupying those chosen spaces, and up to one other figure that occupies any of the chosen spaces, then place the Glyph of Mjolnir on this card.
Just kinda helps sell that summoning the hammer is causing the wounds to me and flows a little better to my mind.
Old February 22nd, 2021, 06:02 PM
Just A Head

Re: The Book of Thor (Avengers) (VOTE for Initial Playtest)

Okay, I think we can cut it down by doing this. Appreciate all the help from you guys getting this design where it needs to be.
Quote:
AVENGING ASGARDIAN
At the start of the game, you may choose 1 other Unique Hero you control and place a white Avenger Marker on its card. After an opponent's figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Thor attacks a figure you control within clear sight of Thor that is either Asgardian or has an Avenger Marker on its card, you may place the Glyph of Mjolnir from this card onto the space the attacking figure occupies, then roll an unblockable attack die against it.

HAMMER OF THOR
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Mjolnir on this card. Thor cannot lose this Glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. Before attacking with Thor, if the Glyph of Mjolnir is on the battlefield, but not on this card or the card of an opponent’s figure, you may choose the space the Glyph of Mjolnir occupies, and all spaces on a shortest path between the Glyph of Mjolnir and Thor. Roll an unblockable attack die against each opponent's figure or Destructible Object on the chosen spaces, then place the Glyph of Mjolnir on this card.

THUNDER STORM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose up to 3 figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Thor to be affected by this special attack. Figures occupying water spaces subtract 1 shield from whatever is rolled when defending against this special attack. This special attack may only be used once per round.

SUPER STRENGTH
I'm getting 450 on the calculator, but wouldn't be surprised at all to see that go up or down.

Hear you on the +1 vs. +2, YK, I think it's something I want to feel out in gameplay though. I definitely think Mjolnir should feel like a really powerful item, especially since only a certain number of figures to wield it. But if +2 is leading to bad gameplay, I'll probably trend down to an auto-skull, and then +1 attack if that's still feeling too strong. Definitely planning a White Canary game and a Superman game.

Also wanting to feel out if the -1 Defense from the 'pin-down' feels clunky with the -1 shield from Thunder Storm. The "no LEAs" effect on the pin-down is what is really bringing a new piece to the factional puzzle IMO, so I'm okay tinkering with the other debuff effects.

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

CONSISTENCY CHECKLIST (SHORT FORM)
Spoiler Alert!

I propose a VOTE for Initial Playtesting.
Old February 22nd, 2021, 06:13 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Thor (Avengers) (VOTE for Initial Playtest)

yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library