Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2014, 12:02 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Aug-2014 HSers Upgrade thread

Word wrap on such things as the user names and group boxes appears to be off. This is resulting in posts and PMs being stretched outside of the area they usually take up.

I don't think I worded that too well. Look at some of the posts above to see what I mean. Things are just strung out in a straight line, not wrapped to fit.

~TGRF.
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Word wrap on such things as the user names and group boxes appears to be off. This is resulting in posts and PMs being stretched outside of the area they usually take up.

I don't think I worded that too well. Look at some of the posts above to see what I mean. Things are just strung out in a straight line, not wrapped to fit.

~TGRF.
Your username is wrapped to fit on my screen.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:10 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Your username is wrapped to fit on my screen.
Hmm. That makes me think it is some option on my end, but I don't see anything that would interfere with it in the options panel. My posts seem to fit even without the word wrap, but Ninja Status's don't, at least not on my screen. He's a better example.
I'll see if I can get a screenshot.
~TGRF.
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:11 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Thanks for the updates @Xorlof !

I like how it's set up, except that the Today's Posts is now under the Quick Links, instead of it's own button. Today's Posts is more useful than New Posts, because if you somehow miss some New Posts, you will end up missing some of Today's Posts.

Is there any way for an individual to adjust that? I'd rather have Today's Post replace New Posts underneath my banner.
Quote:

~TGRF.
MegaSilver's post from earlier did that for me:

And you can see my post above did the same thing (neither of them had photos).

EDIT: Wait... Signature's pics... That's it.

EDIT 2: Though Ninja Status' post below is doing it for me (and he doesn't have pics). That's because of his badges, I'm guessing.
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:12 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I have noticed that users who have 4 or more badges and a slightly large avatar have their post boxes stretched.

Edit: ninja'd by heroscaper2010
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:18 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Ah, I figured it out. It works correctly in the wide views ("Discreet & Fast Loading" and both of the "Wide" options), but in the default narrow views posts get stretched outside the width of the column when the user has multiple badges.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:18 PM

Yes, that screenshot covers it. Here's the one I took, so it's happening on multiple skins too.
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:21 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Yes, that screenshot covers it. Here's the one I took, so it's happening on multiple skins too.
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.
Are you not seeing the "Mentioned" feature, TGRF? It seems that your screenshot doesn't depict it.
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Is it just me, or are the profile pages off?
1) Your name, title, badges, and little reputation OMs are floating over the background when everything else is in a box, which can make some of the things hard to read (for example, when looking at my own page, my name and title overlap with the Ticalla Jungle theme's "leaves")
2) There seems to be images not showing up in the top right of the "Mini Statistics" box and the "Group Memberships" box.
3) In Group Memberships, for anyone who is in a lot of groups, all the groups just show up in a solid block of text with only a double space in-between them, which is not easy to read. Shouldn't it be in more of a bullet list form?
4) I'm not sure if this is a problem, but for mentions that happen in a private subforum, anyone who doesn't have access to that subforum that happens to be looking at the profile page of the one mentioned just sees the message sort of cut off. For example, when looking at @Dysole 's page, his mention just shows up to me as "10:38 AM - MegaSilver mentioned Dysole in post" (ZJ, who does have access to where the mention was made, confirmed that it's because of private subforums).

Otherwise, I'm loving all the updates!

EDIT: Now the mention I referenced above is just showing up as "10:38 AM -" on Dysole's page. Also, looking at my post, is the spacing between a mention and an "'s" intentional?

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:36 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'm definitely in favor of having an option to switch New Posts to the Quick Links and having Today's Posts be its own button. It's not really that inconvenient to do an extra click, but I almost always use the Today's Post over New Posts.

One minor aesthetic concern, on the classic blue background, the username on a person's profile page is almost impossible to see, as it's either blue on blue or teal on blue for most everyone.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:38 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Worth Noting

I see the little snippet from both places I'm mentioned @Viegon so it might just work similar to how other people can't see private forums.

~Dysole, wondering what would happen if you tagged a user in a forum they didn't have access to. Likely just get the notification but not be able to view the post
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:46 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

And now the 'wide' layout option has suddenly changed to the same size as the default layout, is that just me? It wasn't like that like 2 minutes ago.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online