Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old November 4th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings

I'm really intrigued by the Granite Guardians though. It seems like their special power will force you to play them kind of smart (slow-rolling them). I can see them just dominating the important parts of a map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, but can you afford enough of them to make up for the ones that will get picked off from range?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, but can you afford enough of them to make up for the ones that will get picked off from range?
1. Won't be that easy to pick them off from range.
2. Get your own range. Sprinkle some Krav, Kaemon, AE, or MW, and I think your problem is solved.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; November 4th, 2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Not saying they're the be-all, end-all. Just saying that I'm excited for my shipment and trying these guys out.
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:52 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could definitely see Krav being a good play with these guys. Maybe Krav + Raelin + Marcu (for glyphs) + GGs x3 at 500? Hard to kill from range, able to shoot back, and able to control the map pretty well and get that much needed range. On maps with a lot of road they'll be able to get to melee faster, but on maps that are too fast, they'll struggle to be as competitive since height advantage seems key.

Edit: Or would Rats x2 be a better play than Raelin?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Quote:
Not unless the glyph pool is really strong. Raelin works well with slow-rollers. The GG's are tough enough that you shouldn't be too worried about them getting hit with 7 or 8 defense. Someone will get frustrated and start attacking Raelin- if you place her right, that 3 range toss should be enough to hit back... hard.

Gbob says they're good with Raelin, so I trust him on that.

Quote:
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:54 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
For anyone who's wondering, I'm not going to make any power rankings for the new Wave 10 guys until I get a chance to play them, and face them and/or read about some tournament results with them.

My gut feeling on both squads is that they're in that Wave 9 zone of "pretty good, but not broken." With the GG's maybe 1/3 of a grade higher than the Quasatch... but we'll see.
Do you suspect a bump for Warden 816 coming?

It will be interesting to see if the +1 move helps as much in a real game as it does in theoryscape.
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:57 PM

I think Warden's too hard to fit in a 500 point army with them, though. Because you're always going to want Raelin over him, and you're going to need more range, so often you're going to be left choosing between Warden or another set of Granite Guardians and it seems like the latter is more useful since slow be "en mass" is kind of their thing.
I guess if you wanted to try to play them more aggressively, though, you could ditch Raelin for Warden, but it just doesn't seem as powerful to me.

Old November 5th, 2009, 12:03 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I think Warden's too hard to fit in a 500 point army with them, though. Because you're always going to want Raelin over him, and you're going to need more range, so often you're going to be left choosing between Warden or another set of Granite Guardians and it seems like the latter is more useful since slow be "en mass" is kind of their thing.
I guess if you wanted to try to play them more aggressively, though, you could ditch Raelin for Warden, but it just doesn't seem as powerful to me.
It also might depend on the map. If there's any highly usable road, they'll be going at a good pace, and it would more sense to add to that pace with Warden. While on a Roadless map they'll have no problems with staying in Raelins Aura.
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Not unless the glyph pool is really strong. Raelin works well with slow-rollers. The GG's are tough enough that you shouldn't be too worried about them getting hit with 7 or 8 defense. Someone will get frustrated and start attacking Raelin- if you place her right, that 3 range toss should be enough to hit back... hard.

Oh c'mon what army isn't better with Raelin. She is to Heroscape what "wrapped in bacon" is to the food industry.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Oh c'mon what army isn't better with Raelin. She is to Heroscape what "wrapped in bacon" is to the food industry.
I think I'm going to call the two extra dice from Raelin "wrapped in bacon" and "deep-fried" from now on.
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Jexik, you should totally put that under the little explanation for Raelin's grade
This quote is too awesome not to be shown somewhere.
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:47 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I could definitely see Krav being a good play with these guys. Maybe Krav + Raelin + Marcu (for glyphs) + GGs x3 at 500? Hard to kill from range, able to shoot back, and able to control the map pretty well and get that much needed range.
That's exactly the army I see them working well in, as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion