Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 7th, 2010, 01:15 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Kurrok the Elementalist Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I have not playtested him so this is just theoryscape, but I would think if you put a few air elementals exactly 8 spaces out from where Kurrok is, not too many ranged attackers would be able to reach him before dealing with them first. Put a row of water elementals behind the air elemental screen and you can strike out with range from behind the screen.
And fire behind them to make 'em pay if they do get through.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:19 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Or a bunch of fire elementals 8 spaces away from Kurrok, with a row of fire elementals behind the fire elemental screen, and fire behind them to make 'em pay.
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I have not playtested him so this is just theoryscape, but I would think if you put a few air elementals exactly 8 spaces out from where Kurrok is, not too many ranged attackers would be able to reach him before dealing with them first. Put a row of water elementals behind the air elemental screen and you can strike out with range from behind the screen.
And fire behind them to make 'em pay if they do get through.
Then fall back and summon some more elementals to set it all up again.
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think Kurrok with Earth Elementals will be good against most melee armies.
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:42 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I was hoping for a 4A-4D for a higher point-cost. Seems balanced, just less impressive than I had hoped.

This definitely seems to confirm that Summoning is something you only do if you absolutely have to. Or, I suppose, if you're winning and you just sit back and think "I'd like a fire elemental right there!" Brzzap. Unfortunately, each time you summon means another turn with the otherwise-unimpressive Kurrock.

Solid design, just Kato-esque in his personal battle prowess. Thanks, Team.

~Spite
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:50 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Probably my least favorite of the group. Though that's a high bar set.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:07 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation

I love the versatility of this guy. In a draft, you can mix and match your preference of elementals to beat the threat.
Quick or Assassins = Air
Swarming = Earth
...etc to your specific needs and specifications

Join my customs committee. Give input to my newest creations.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34056
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
I was hoping for a 4A-4D for a higher point-cost. Seems balanced, just less impressive than I had hoped.

This definitely seems to confirm that Summoning is something you only do if you absolutely have to. Or, I suppose, if you're winning and you just sit back and think "I'd like a fire elemental right there!" Brzzap. Unfortunately, each time you summon means another turn with the otherwise-unimpressive Kurrock.

Solid design, just Kato-esque in his personal battle prowess. Thanks, Team.

~Spite
Personally, if I were using a Kurrock/Elemental army, I would put 3 OMs on Kurrock. The first two would be used to activate the elementals, while the 3rd OM would be used to move Kurrock ahead (so as to keep the elementals within 8 spaces) and, if possible, summon another elemental into battle.

Along with this army I might use RoTV Raelin to protect Kurrock, or perhaps Torin as a bodyguard.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm at least mildly amused that he can get roasted by his own Fire Elementals. Between Chainfighters, Wyverns, Warforged and other sundry ways to shift figures around he could get caught between the frying pan and the fire.

~Aldin, hotly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:27 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I'm at least mildly amused that he can get roasted by his own Fire Elementals. Between Chainfighters, Wyverns, Warforged and other sundry ways to shift figures around he could get caught between the frying pan and the fire.

~Aldin, hotly
Searing Intensity only activates after they move, though. Anyone who activates a Fire Elemental and doesn't move them away from Kurrock deserves to be toast.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:29 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

I think that with his lower than expected cost , I'm more likely to play less elementals with him instead of more. Kurok and 6 elementals could still leave you enough points for another substantial component to the army.

Sure 6 elementals won't last all that long, but when you only have to ammortize 120 points worth of cheerleading, that becomes less of an issue. It also means you won't be completely hosed if Kurrok is assassinated early.

Whereas before I was thinking that the elementals would pretty much be my entire army, I'm now thinking of pairing them with another force (perhaps Gobblins x4).

I'd send out the Gobblins first to do as much damage as possible, and then finish off with Kurrok and his elementals.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

~Aldin, hotly
Searing Intensity only activates after they move, though. Anyone who activates a Fire Elemental and doesn't move them away from Kurrock deserves to be toast.
...and if he's adjacent to TWO Fire Elementals?

~Aldin, who meant what he said about being between the frying pan and the fire

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units