Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:39 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Help Against a Soulbourg army

Ok, I just got finished with a battle against my brother. I have seen this army before, and I cannot come up with anything to beat it. His army was:

Major Q10- 150
Glads X2- 160
Deathwalker 8000- 130
Major X17- 100
total 540 out of 550

I have not come close to beating this army, and I cannot come up with anything that would do the job.

I have all sets except for Rankar's Vision, Aquillas Alliance, Snipers and Vipers, Gladiators and Agents, Soulbourgs, Fiends and Vampires, Gorrilas and hounds, and I do not have any of wave 8. If anyone could help me, I would appreciate.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Help Against a Soulbourg army

Would you point out Soulbourg on this map of England. I'm not sure where it is:

If you meant "Soulborg," then I would start with Sgt. Drake. Actually, you might do well with a Valiant army.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry about the spelling. I'll consider Drake, but I still am going to need to build around that.

Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Krav Maga agents with some powerful melee squad in front of them.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You are missing a lot of strong figures that could win against them.

Try to get the Repulsors that are coming out in Wave 9. They get some kind of bonus fighting enemy Soulborgs, so go for them.

Put Mimring on the field to clear out the squads. Get large figures to hold the Majors and DW8 down.

Try a Grut army, also. they may get mowed down, if you do not move fast enough. Make sure those Heroes are held down. You then can handle them more safely. You have to move quickly to win.

Put in DW9. He can clear out a lot of guys if they are close. Or your own DW8 to mow down them.

Most important, hold down the Heroes, so you can sarely handle them, and they won't mow down your squads.

MegaSilver
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:59 PM

Thanks MegaSilver, I haven't tried Mimring yet, but I did try the gruts backed up by Krug, but that did nothing. I might try Brunak or Charos to hold the Majors down.

Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:09 AM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If you have him, have the heck out of everyone. Or, you could use the Hulk, if you have him. You could use a lot of of Morindan. Finally, you could try using a Marro army. They and Soulborgs can easily go toe-to-toe.

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:21 AM

Tauren_Marine is surprisingly tart

Something like
  • Laglor 110
  • Krav Maga 210
  • Raelin (RotV) 290
  • Deathreavers x2 370
should work as a good core. You still have 180 points to work with, so you could add more rats, more ranged attackers, and/or some cleanup units. A couple squads of gorillanators give more ranged attacks and work well with Laglor and Raelin backing them up.
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:57 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Well, the opposing army lacks any high attacks, so high defense should carry the day. Minionsx5 should win that fight with ease.
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:41 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Sonlen or anyone else with auto wounds. Auto wounds are the easiest way to destroy soulborgs and get past their high defense. Also, figures with high defense and counter strike will be able to kill soulborgs if they chose to attack and leaving engagement strikes will be risky with their low life. Sonlen, Kaemon, and the Izumis will be great additions to your army. Also, the minions as someone mentioned before will be helpful against them because their defense can hold up against the soulborg's average attack and they have a good chance of rolling 4 attack which has a good chance of inflicting a wound. You can't expect to defeat this army with range because they have powerful range and x17 can hold down your range. Deadeye dan also falls in the auto wound categorie and he has a 50% chance of doing so with a range of 10.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:06 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

I suggest Deathstalkers. 5 defense, meaning they can stand up to the average Soulborg attack, 7 move, and the chance of three automatic wounds make them great for this. I use them to counter high-defense heroes all the time.
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:14 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

Good point. I forgot the very similar marrden hounds and deathstalkers how can move quickly, have def that can stand soulborgs and have auto wound abilities. They are probably the best figures for this job.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion