Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old June 4th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
LEGO Indiana Jones

Thought I'd get this thread started since I picked up the game and played it with my son and daughter all afternoon. We're HUGE LEGO Star Wars fans (100% complete 1&2) so this was a natural move for us. So far I'd say it's a winner... but not as big a winner as LSW.

I really like the implementation of ways to use Indy's whip and attacks like Willie's shriek are amusing. The inclusion of shovels and wrenches as both weapons and tools makes perfect sense and has fun gameplay interactions. Thrown/Picked up objects are taking some getting used to. When an opponent goes down they can drop stuff that you can pick up and use - but I'm having a hard enough time making sure that I know what weapon I have, much less figuring out exactly how to use it or how long I'll have it. And unlike LSW, many attacks are disabling rather than damaging under conditions which are not quite clear to me. Indy's "punch" vs. humans sometimes punches for damage and sometimes puts on a headlock. I'm optimistic that as I get used to the game the control issues will work themselves out.

Thematically, it works. I greatly enjoyed puzzling through the cave from the first part of the first film - I've wanted to do that for twenty years! The visuals are very good and the sound is exactly what you'd expect. LSW veterans will find that a great deal of what they know applies - they just need to adjust to the peculiarities of this game (kinda like the switch from LSW1 to LSW2).

Overall, I'm tentatively giving it an 8/10 +/-2 dependent on further play.

~Aldin, who also got a kick out of the LEGO Batman preview

PS The secret code to unlock Mola Ram is FJUR31

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 6th, 2008, 11:27 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Re: LEGO Indiana Jones

Cool, I really liked the LSW games, and they were really fun. I also saw the new IJ movie today and thought it was good

The problem is both of my LSW games really messed up and I cannot play them anymore, but that was because the DS version is glitched, and my PS2 is ruined

All in all I hope it is a good game, I would like to rent it soon

How much unlockable content does it have, and witch movies are in the game (all 5 or the main 3?)

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:42 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So far it looks like the game features the main three movies - but I wouldn't be surprised if it also has an unlockable Crystal Skull level (kinda like LSW1 had an Ep4 level). There are clearly interesting things to unlock - in Dr. Jones' office you need several different types of characters to get a special that you then use in the museum to... I'm not sure yet... more to unlock

Some of the secrets are really fun to puzzle out - there's one secret you only find by paying attention to one of the cut scene movies! All in all, still having fun and glad I bought it

~Aldin, wondering what the "fifth" movie was that he missed somewhere

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:45 AM

Naruto Woo who?

Lego star wars games are fun and addicting totally geting this one/
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:43 AM

Semian2 has disabled reputation

My bro got it for his birthday!
I love it!
*hums theme song*
DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Old June 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
So far it looks like the game features the main three movies - but I wouldn't be surprised if it also has an unlockable Crystal Skull level (kinda like LSW1 had an Ep4 level). There are clearly interesting things to unlock - in Dr. Jones' office you need several different types of characters to get a special that you then use in the museum to... I'm not sure yet... more to unlock

Some of the secrets are really fun to puzzle out - there's one secret you only find by paying attention to one of the cut scene movies! All in all, still having fun and glad I bought it

I had somewhere, on VHS, the origional 3 in a trilogy, along with an prequel when Indy was younger.

I don't know what it was called, and I cannot find it to prove myself right

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old June 7th, 2008, 12:10 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

I got the game Tuesday and have been playing through it with my wife. It is going to be a surprise for our kids tomorrow, but we wanted to have some fun first.

My first impressions are almost exactly like yours. Overall, its very fun and a lot like Star Wars, but there are a few differences that you point out. In general, I'm having a much harder time seeing exactly what's going on than I did in Star Wars. I often can't tell what item/weapon I'm carrying, and when the enemy drops items, I usually can't tell what they are without picking them up and trying them. The backgrounds seem "busier" than in Lego SW which is appropriate for the setting but may be the cause of my problems (or maybe I'm just getting old). Note that I still have an older non-HD TV - it probably looks great in HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920 View Post
Quote:

I had somewhere, on VHS, the origional 3 in a trilogy, along with an prequel when Indy was younger.

You may be thinking of the first part of "The Last Crusade" which featured Indy as a teenager and was really separate from the plot of the rest of the movie. Or there was a series of TV movies called "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" (I think that was the title) - maybe the VHS trilogy included one of those.
Old June 15th, 2008, 10:48 PM
has been BANNED

OmegaX01 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Tiger View Post
I got the game Tuesday and have been playing through it with my wife. It is going to be a surprise for our kids tomorrow, but we wanted to have some fun first.

My first impressions are almost exactly like yours. Overall, its very fun and a lot like Star Wars, but there are a few differences that you point out. In general, I'm having a much harder time seeing exactly what's going on than I did in Star Wars. I often can't tell what item/weapon I'm carrying, and when the enemy drops items, I usually can't tell what they are without picking them up and trying them. The backgrounds seem "busier" than in Lego SW which is appropriate for the setting but may be the cause of my problems (or maybe I'm just getting old). Note that I still have an older non-HD TV - it probably looks great in HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920 View Post
Quote:

You may be thinking of the first part of "The Last Crusade" which featured Indy as a teenager and was really separate from the plot of the rest of the movie. Or there was a series of TV movies called "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" (I think that was the title) - maybe the VHS trilogy included one of those.
Actually "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" was a T.V. series(1992-1993) that ran 1 hour long episodes. These were later edited into several 2hour long movies and put out on VHS. So if you go by that standard there are a litteral ton of Indy movies.

As for the game I played it for about 4 days and unlocked 100% already. It is a blast to play and the control is a little harder then lego SW to get use to but after you addapt they are very solid. there are codes all over the place to unlock the various extras or you can unlock them in the levels. As far as it goes for a lego game in the vein of the SW ones I'd have to give it a solid 9/10. the only real drawbacks were that in my oppinion it was rather short and the slightly awakard at the start controls. (Yea I'm a gamer that never seems to read the instruction manual before starting the game.)
Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:57 PM

vernz has disabled reputation

ive only played the first level so far but i like it,good grapics but i agree swl is better.

Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:44 PM

Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker

I'd agree with the assesment. SW gives a better environment because of the huge cast a familiar characters.

Indy was restricted by that. It's also the fact that they are trying to get a little more, so there's more of a learning progression.

I'm guessing Batman will be much of the same. The villians will be fun to play, though.
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!

OMG, Aldin started a thread?

LOL, anyway, I've downloaded the DEMO on the 360 and I had a blast. I have several friends who have told me they have a blast when they play with their kids.

So as far as I'm conserned this is a must buy.
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM

It happens once in a very, very blue moon My final score on LEGO Indy is more of a 'meh' than anything else. The problem isn't that it isn't fun, it's that it doesn't really measure up to the Star Wars versions. 'Course I'll still be buying LEGO Batman the day it hits...

~Aldin, bricklayer

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games