Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old January 9th, 2008, 01:59 PM

boogle has disabled reputation
A 400 point army too susceptible to Braxas or Deathreavers?

Isamu 10
Marcu 20
A E 110
Kaemon Awa 120
M W 50
Crixus 90

I wanted to know if this team would be susceptible to either braxas or the Deathreavers. However, this discussion doesn't have to be exclusive to just those units any units you feel have an innate advantage over this team in a 400 point competitive army I would be elated if you could bring it to my attention. As for Crixus being in the group, to be honest he is my second favorite unit in heroscape, overshadowed only by my love for Kaemon Awa. Still, if it suits you, feel free to suggest a drop of a(n) unit(s) in this group if it means being able to be more effective against the usual units seen at tournaments.

Thanks-

Boogle
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
You've got Kaemon Awa in there, so you wouldn't necessarily be too weak against Deathreavers. His special attack can usually kill one or two per turn without them scattering. Braxas might pose a problem, but that's over half of the available points in a 400 point game. I'd probably go with 2 squads of Deathreavers instead of Crixus, and then use those extra 10 points to replace Marcu with Guilty McCreech. I don't like using Marcu in an army made up mostly of Unique squads and heroes because those betrayals can really hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:22 PM

boogle has disabled reputation
That's an excellent idea, I was hesitant at first to switch the last remaining 30 points for Mc Greech instead of isamu and Marcu, btu you've pretty much convinced me.
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:17 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation
Re: A 400 point army too susceptible to Braxas or Deathreave

Six different army cards may get cumbersome. While one card is activated, five others sit and watch. You also don't have anything to slow down your opponent. Like Jexik, I also think Deathreavers should be in here, but I'd swap out the Marro Warriors, Marcu, & Isamu for two squads of rats. Now you have a rat shield, two ranged squads w/special attacks, and a heavy hitter who's tough to kill.

120 Kaemon Awa
110 Airborne Elite
090 Crixus
080 Deathreavers x 2

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion