Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 15th, 2019, 03:02 PM

Leo Ultra is surprisingly tart
Leo's Custom Units

Hello there, and welcome to my customs thread. I'm not serious about all of these, but some of them I am hoping to put through C3V or SoV at some point. I'll be sorting the units by faction or theme below.

I hope you enjoy! Please take a moment to give your thoughts and critiques or suggestions if you can!

I wish you high rolls, fair winds, and following seas.
I am a proud member of Platyfly!, a sketch comedy YouTube channel dedicated to giving Platypi the Flying Special Power!
Old January 15th, 2019, 03:19 PM

Re: Leo's Custom Units

COMPLETE AND UNABRIDGED COMPILATION
(WIP)

Serious Units:
Spoiler Alert!

Maybe Someday Serious Units:
Spoiler Alert!

Random Custom Units:
Spoiler Alert!

Units from Helldivers(TM), a videogame on PlayStation and PC.
Spoiler Alert!

Animata:
Spoiler Alert!

Slivers from Magic The Gathering:
Spoiler Alert!

I am a proud member of Platyfly!, a sketch comedy YouTube channel dedicated to giving Platypi the Flying Special Power!

Last edited by Leo Ultra; June 20th, 2020 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added Bloodstained Hunter, Ember Lich, Diviner Marion; made the Dogs a Serious unit; edited Phitocron's S.A. Also grammar.
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

The Praetorians' Bio isn't badly written, but I have to say... the historical inaccuracies jumped out and slapped me in the face. The most glaring ones:

1) I quite like that you had the Praetorians depose their Emperor - this is definitely a thing that happened, though generally more for political reasons than benevolent ones. Still, I don't begrudge you for trying to represent good people in a rotten system.
2) The presence of a woman in the Praetorian guard.... yeah, wouldn't have happened. Historically, no. I suppose you could claim it as an alternative universe for the sake of representation, but, as a woman myself, it still feels off.
3) The last bit.... no. The Gladiator Revolt (which Crixus and Spartacus come from) pre-dates Rome having Emperors (and therefore the Praetorian Guard as well... Rome was still a Republic then) as well as the Colosseum.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 15th, 2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
The Praetorians' Bio isn't badly written, but I have to say... the historical inaccuracies jumped out and slapped me in the face. The most glaring ones:

1) I quite like that you had the Praetorians depose their Emperor - this is definitely a thing that happened, though generally more for political reasons than benevolent ones. Still, I don't begrudge you for trying to represent good people in a rotten system.
2) The presence of a woman in the Praetorian guard.... yeah, wouldn't have happened. Historically, no. I suppose you could claim it as an alternative universe for the sake of representation, but, as a woman myself, it still feels off.
3) The last bit.... no. The Gladiator Revolt (which Crixus and Spartacus come from) pre-dates Rome having Emperors (and therefore the Praetorian Guard as well... Rome was still a Republic then) as well as the Colosseum.

Thank you very much for stopping by! You seem to have an impressive knowledge of history, and thank you for commenting on the rebellion. I will correct the Bio when I get a chance.

On the topic of Avita being a member, while I do admit that it would be exceedingly unlikely in our history, I recalled a legend/procedure about two praetors leading Rome in times of political unrest, one male and one female, and I thought it would add to the unit(and potentially increase sculpt availability). Perhaps I'm just remembering something from Rick Riordan's works, then, but is there any fringe case where that could have happened?

Old January 15th, 2019, 06:34 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Ah, okay... I was confused by who they were meant to be, a lot of what you were saying seemed to paint them as Praetorians, so I assumed you meant Praetor as a shortened form of that, when a Praetor is actually some form of Magistrate (I'm not sure about the specifics... I can't remember too much about the minutiae of the Roman political system). I'd be surprised if what you remember were actual political procedure (Rome was deeply patriarchal, unsurprisingly), but I've been surprised before. Not quite sure how I'd search for it either.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 16th, 2019, 10:53 PM

Hey @Lazy Orang and @Astroking112 , the Praetors’ abilities and stats have been updated! Care to comment?

Oh, and I’ve begun adding other factions to the ranks! The Slivers of Magic The Gathering make their appearance!

Last edited by Leo Ultra; February 16th, 2019 at 10:54 PM. Reason: I dun messed up.
Old February 16th, 2019, 11:17 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I've already talked with you about them in person and on the Discord server, so there isn't too much more that I have left to add. I still like the sound of "Adjacent Strength 1" more than Adjacent Intensity 1, though, and I think that it fits Adjacent Tough 1 more.

It looks like both cards in your Google Doc have Avita's Attack Enhancement Aura right now, by the way. I know that one is supposed to be Felix's Defense Enhancement Aura, which does the same concept but for defense, so you might want to update that when you get a chance. Did you mean to change it from Disciplined figures to all Einar figures for the aura as well?

I don't have enough time to go through everything else right now and still pass my exams, but feel free to prod me again after our playtesting event at the end of this month, and I'll take another look at the rest.
Old February 17th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Hard as ice

Are they Praetors or Praetorian Guards? Those are two different things.
Otherwise, looking solid.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 17th, 2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Are they Praetors or Praetorian Guards? Those are two different things.
Otherwise, looking solid.

So if I understand you correctly, the Praetors were government officials, while Praetorian Guards were supposed to protect(/depose) the emperor? Would Praetors do actual fighting and depose their emperor themselves, or were they basically old dudes sitting in chairs in the senate? If the latter is the case, then Felix and Avita are definitely Praetorian Guards.

Old February 17th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Hard as ice

Well, here's the
Wiki Article on Praetors Wiki Article on Praetors

While many did command armies, they were generally politicians, not warriors.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 17th, 2019, 01:26 PM

Ok, so a Praetor would probably be 100% a Warlord, while Praetorian Guards would be Guards. Yeah, I'm reasonably sure they should be Praetorian Guards. Thanks for the info!

So on a mechanical note, do you like the offense/defense dichotomy?

And on the subject of names, should they just be called Felix and Avita or Praetor Felix and Praetor Avita? I was originally going with the idea that it would be a great sign of disrespect to refer to them so informally as by their first name, maybe even rude enough to get you stabbed or thrown in jail overnight, but I also think that "Left Dias Praetor" and such isn't the best of names.

Old February 17th, 2019, 01:47 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I would argue against Praetor Felix or Praetor Avita. We don't say "Warlord Marcus Decimus Gallus."

Either their full names or their titles seems like a better route to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards