Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 10th, 2010, 11:12 PM

KnockaroundGuy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm new. A little advise?

Hey all. I'm real new.

I'm looking at getting into the game but not sure where to start.

Should I get RISE OF THE VALKYRIE MASTER SET or SWARM OF THE MARRO MASTER SET?

I'm also looking at the Marvel set. I thinkI can afford the Marvel set and one of the Master Sets at this stage.

So what do you think?
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:18 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: I'm new. A little advise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockaroundGuy View Post
Hey all. I'm real new.

I'm looking at getting into the game but not sure where to start.

Should I get RISE OF THE VALKYRIE MASTER SET or SWARM OF THE MARRO MASTER SET?

I'm also looking at the Marvel set. I thinkI can afford the Marvel set and one of the Master Sets at this stage.

So what do you think?
Most people agree that RotV is much better. You get more variety (instead of just a few heros and a bunch of Marro), and a lot more terrain.

If you don't have it, the D&D master sat, Battle for the Underdark would also be a good idea to get.

And welcome to the site!
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:24 PM

Thanks heaps man.

And all the sets are compatible, yeah?

Just want to make sure before I put my order in is all
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:25 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

ROTV hands down the best of what you mentioned. That is if you can find it.

Welcome to the site!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:27 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Thanks heaps man.

And all the sets are compatible, yeah?

Just want to make sure before I put my order in is all
Yes, everything is compatible with everything else.
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:30 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site!

It sounds like you should get the Rise of the Valkyrie (RotV) set and the Marvel set. And yes, everything is compatible with everything else.

You may want to check out the Meet Other Scapers section of this site to find other players down under.
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:38 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

If you can find RotV for a reasonable price then You should get it. Like people have said it has variety. There a PLENTY of different types of figures to play with, and some figures (Syvarris, Raelin, SGT, Drake, Carr) I still use in a lot of my armies. Marvelset doesn't feel like it fits in with the other master sets, D&D fits in well with heroscape (IMO, but I'm just a big D&D fan), but if Marvel is your thing, don't let me turn you away from what you will enjoy.
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Drizzt Do'Urden is surprisingly tart

Marvelscape was made as more of a stand-alone game that happened to work with scape, so you may not want to get it right away. I would echo the others and say that RotV would be the set to go with. I do, however, recommend that you get all the master sets, including the Marvel, at some time down the road, because they all have a lot to offer.
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

Basically, MS1 is a must, but like they said, its really hard to find. Do you need 2 bigger sets? If not, I reccomend wave 1 or wave D1, as both have good figures in them.

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old July 11th, 2010, 01:41 AM

One last, stupid question:

What exactly (figure-wise) do you get in the RISE OF THE VALKYRIE MASTER SET? The product description I have is: 30 painted figures, 8 24 -hex tiles, 10 7-hex tiles, 10 3 hex-tiles, 10 2-hex tiles, 26 1-hex tiles, 21 water tiles, 2 ruins, 16 army cards, 10 glyphs, 24 wound markers, grenade marker, 16 order markers, round marker, 12 combat dice, 20-sided die and 2nd edition rules. But it doesn't actually have what monsters the figs are.
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:14 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

What exactly (figure-wise) do you get in the RISE OF THE VALKYRIE MASTER SET? The product description I have is: 30 painted figures, 8 24 -hex tiles, 10 7-hex tiles, 10 3 hex-tiles, 10 2-hex tiles, 26 1-hex tiles, 21 water tiles, 2 ruins, 16 army cards, 10 glyphs, 24 wound markers, grenade marker, 16 order markers, round marker, 12 combat dice, 20-sided die and 2nd edition rules. But it doesn't actually have what monsters the figs are.
Try WWW.Heroscape.com. it lists all the figures up to wave 8. For wave 9 and 10 and waves D1 and D2, as well as the D&D master set, they can be looked up on this site.
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Go to this page. It's the Books of Heroscape which has everything you need to know about each unit. Also, in the first post units are sorted, and you can look in the "Wave and Pack" area to see which units are in each set. Just look for Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set, it's the first list.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site.

EDIT: Crap! My first ninja

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 11th, 2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Ninja'd!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion