Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM

supergen777 Woo who?
Lightbulb Selene The Death Dealer an Underworld Movie Custom

After a long time, I have finally decide to revised my Selene the Death Dealer Custom and would some feedback from the community. For the figure I used the copplestone castings Werewolf hunter shown in the posts below.

Here's a link to my Prototype Selene Card.

"name"="Selene"
"general"="Vydar"

"species"="Undead"
"uniqueness"="Unique"
"type"="Hero"
"classification"="Death Dealer"
"personality"="Precise"

"World"="Earth"
"Set"="Underworld Custom"

"life"="5"
"move"="6"
"range"="1"
"attack"="3"
"defense"="3"
"points"="TBD" 100 Points for now.
"size"="Medium"
"height"="4"
"quantity"="1"

"special 1"="SELENE'S EQUIPMENT - When you draft Selene you may choose one weapon glyph at an additional draft cost and place it on Selene."

Selene's Equipment Note: Weapon glyphs are interchangeable with weapon cards such as AliasQTips. I decided to call Selene's weapons glyphs after reading GreyOwl's wonderful Customizing Compendium.

"special 2"="SELENE'S TRAINING - When Selene attacks with a normal attack or a normal weapon glyph attack, you may roll Vydar Valkyrie dice. If you roll at least one Vydar symbol, each rolled counts for additional hit."

Selene's Training Note: You don't have to use Vydar Valkyrie dice. Any dice except those from the 1st Ed. Rise of Valkyrie Master Set will work. I may just simply say Valkyrie dice and symbols rather than refer to a particular general. I haven't decided yet.

"special 3"="DEATH DEALER SHURIKEN - Start the game with 4 silver Shuriken markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may remove any number of Shuriken markers from Selene's Army Card to add 4 to her range for the rest of her turn and attack a number of times equal to the amount of Shuriken markers removed."

Death Dealer Shuriken Notes: For the Shuriken markers I painted four wound markers silver. I use regular D6s for keeping track of wounds anyway. I stole that idea from Magic the Gathering.

"special 4"="IMMORTAL STRENGTH - Selene never rolls for falling damage."

Last edited by supergen777; December 22nd, 2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Revised the Card for better playing and more official sounding abilities
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM

Superm9 is surprisingly tart
Re: Selene The Death Dealer an Underworld Movie Custom

I like the concept of specialty weapons at an additional cost!
The character has some powerful offensive capabilities, but has lower survivability to keep it in check - I'd say that she sounds pretty balanced to me!

Nice work!

Star Wars
Battlefront II Fan!
Check out pictures of my custom Heroscape terrain props, maps, and my SWBFII mod map: Xagobah: Mazarian Assault here
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:10 AM

supergen777 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superm9 View Post
I like the concept of specialty weapons at an additional cost!
The character has some powerful offensive capabilities, but has lower survivability to keep it in check - I'd say that she sounds pretty balanced to me!

Nice work!
Thank you for the compliments. If you have any ideas particularly for point total feel free to share them.
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

This sounds pretty good. Although, I'd use the female Krav Maga Agent for Selene. She already has the black leather suit. The abilities sound good too, and I like the way she can choose her weapons. I REALLY like the Silver Nitrate Round weapon for some reason. I'd give her some permanent stats though. Maybe something like Defensive Agility, Stealth Flying, Life Drain, or some other standard vampire ability. But other than that, this custom sounds solid to me. Great work! Looking forward to some pics.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:08 AM

supergen777 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
This sounds pretty good. Although, I'd use the female Krav Maga Agent for Selene. She already has the black leather suit. The abilities sound good too, and I like the way she can choose her weapons. I REALLY like the Silver Nitrate Round weapon for some reason. I'd give her some permanent stats though. Maybe something like Defensive Agility, Stealth Flying, Life Drain, or some other standard vampire ability. But other than that, this custom sounds solid to me. Great work! Looking forward to some pics.
First I just want say thank you for the vote of confidence.

The female Krav Maga Agent would be nice but I don't wanna buy another Master Set. The Nakita Agents will be spliced together to create this custom. The Skahen Pose one will be its main body and The gun from the poofy hair Nakita will go in her other hand and finally I'm gonna splice boots of the long-haired Nakita with the Skahen pose one. The figure will look similar to Shaken when its done it will be painted completely black with Ivory colored face, baby blue eyes, lavander colored lips and a very dark brown color for her hair.

Her weapons are taken the ones she uses in Underworld and Underworld Evolution. She does have one permanent special ability using her one given Pistol Machine Gun the Crack Shot Special Attack which is similar to Cypriens Chilling Touch but it is a Special Attack in order to keep the cost down.

As far as the other Vampires go most of their abilities (Stealth Flying, Defense Agility) don't really fit this particular custom well as I am basing it on the movie character. Maybe I'll consider adding the Life Drain for an additional 20 points as it does make sense for this custom. What do you think? When it is finished I will see about getting some pics.
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:22 AM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergen777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
First I just want say thank you for the vote of confidence.

The female Krav Maga Agent would be nice but I don't wanna buy another Master Set. The Nakita Agents will be spliced together to create this custom. The Skahen Pose one will be its main body and The gun from the poofy hair Nakita will go in her other hand and finally I'm gonna splice boots of the long-haired Nakita with the Skahen pose one. The figure will look similar to Shaken when its done it will be painted completely black with Ivory colored face, baby blue eyes, lavander colored lips and a very dark brown color for her hair.

Her weapons are taken the ones she uses in Underworld and Underworld Evolution. She does have one permanent special ability using her one given Pistol Machine Gun the Crack Shot Special Attack which is similar to Cypriens Chilling Touch but it is a Special Attack in order to keep the cost down.

As far as the other Vampires go most of their abilities (Stealth Flying, Defense Agility) don't really fit this particular custom well as I am basing it on the movie character. Maybe I'll consider adding the Life Drain for an additional 20 points as it does make sense for this custom. What do you think? When it is finished I will see about getting some pics.
I can totally understand about not wanting to go through the trouble of buying a whole new master set. Fair enough. You have to include Selene's blue eyes, which would be difficult to do on the Krav agent. As to the permanent abilities, I'd seriously go with either Stealth Flying, or Defensive Agility, or maybe a combination of both. I'm thinking mostly of the part in Underworld: Evolution, when Selene is fighting those Russians with Michael's help. She did this really cool "flying/twist" thing to take them out, which was similar to both Stealth Flying and Defensive Agility. Throughout both movies too, vampires are able to jump off buildings and such and land as light as a feather. Like I said though, this custom sounds really good already. I'd just consider adding one more permanent ability that has to do with with flying or agility. Good luck on the fig!
PS: I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can do with Michael, the vampire/Lycan hybrid.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

Search and thou shalt find
(meaning the miniatures, not the character)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios View Post

The lovely Selene. There are many figures that can be used for her. Copplestone Castings and Hasslefree make the ones shown above. If you are playtesting, just use a spare Krav Maga female agent.
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:18 AM

supergen777 Woo who?
Lightbulb Re: Selene The Death Dealer an Underworld Movie Custom

[/quote]
I'd seriously go with either Stealth Flying, or Defensive Agility, or maybe a combination of both. I'm thinking mostly of the part in Underworld: Evolution, when Selene is fighting those Russians with Michael's help. She did this really cool "flying/twist" thing to take them out, which was similar to both Stealth Flying and Defensive Agility. Throughout both movies too, vampires are able to jump off buildings and such and land as light as a feather. Like I said though, this custom sounds really good already. I'd just consider adding one more permanent ability that has to do with with flying or agility. Good luck on the fig!
PS: I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can do with Michael, the vampire/Lycan hybrid.[/quote]

How about if I maybe add an ability that is not flying, but the figure won't take falling damage for jumping off heights up to a certain level. There is no non-marvel ability like this as far as I know. I not sure what I would call this 'jumping' ability either.

However, Marcus is the only vampire in Underworld that flys and Selene just jumps of off buildings. I still like the idea of Life Drain for her but it should only apply to adjacently destroyed figures. Would you agree with me there?

How many points do think those abilities should cost were I to add them as permanent abilities. My overall goal with the points is at Selenes most expensive configuration is not to exceed 225 points (Thinking Jotun the most expensive non-marvel fig otherwise I am creating Superman so to speak)

I've also thought about making other Underworld figures like Michael but he would take two figures two pull off effectively, (his normal state and his transformed state) and as I am new to making customs I wouldn't know where to begin looking.

Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:38 AM

supergen777 Woo who?
Exclamation Re: Selene The Death Dealer an Underworld Movie Custom

I updated my Selene Card today please have a look.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards