Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 26th, 2022, 07:07 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior

Personally I hate Bolt of the Witherwood. Too swingy. 75% of the time it does nothing, and the other 25% of the time it allows you to one-shot any enemy hero? Talk about the fate of a game depending disproportionately on a single D20 roll..... It's too much.

Personally I’d rather see him without that power, and made slightly cheaper in compensation. Hmmmm, I might actually home-rule that…..

Curious: if we remove Atlaga's Bolt power, how much cheaper do you think he should be? 80 instead of 90?
Old April 26th, 2022, 09:32 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Well at 25% you require three attempts for a >50% chance of activation.

That's a lot of games where nothing happens. Instinctively our brains want to say if its 50% over 3 games then it should trigger every sixth, but that is just an average, since it takes around 7 iterations before you can rely on hitting (i.e you need 7 coin flips to reliably hit tails 99% of the time). So you could say that every 6 game he might take out around 100 points or 16 points overall.

However the in game point value of atlaga is more contingent on being a ranged flyer which is hella valuable so taking 15 points off the top is a bit extreme. If you look at his delta pricing you get 100 points, which implys you are already getting him at a discount.

Additionally bolt is more situational than it appears. Only a foolish player is going to lead with Atlaga and give up board control in a desperate assassination attempt. More often bolt is going to be a hail Mary if your loosing or a coup de grace if your winning. This also assumes there is a good target that can be in range. Lots of armies might be squad heavy like stingers or 4th which will mow Down Atlaga fairly quickly or burn fast like a zelrig blitz. In the end Id be surprised if Atlaga would be priced any different if bolt never ended up on the card.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 26th, 2022, 11:19 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

That's a lot of games where nothing happens. Instinctively our brains want to say if its 50% over 3 games then it should trigger every sixth, but that is just an average, since it takes around 7 iterations before you can rely on hitting (i.e you need 7 coin flips to reliably hit tails 99% of the time). So you could say that every 6 game he might take out around 100 points or 16 points overall.

However the in game point value of atlaga is more contingent on being a ranged flyer which is hella valuable so taking 15 points off the top is a bit extreme. If you look at his delta pricing you get 100 points, which implys you are already getting him at a discount.

Additionally bolt is more situational than it appears. Only a foolish player is going to lead with Atlaga and give up board control in a desperate assassination attempt. More often bolt is going to be a hail Mary if your loosing or a coup de grace if your winning. This also assumes there is a good target that can be in range. Lots of armies might be squad heavy like stingers or 4th which will mow Down Atlaga fairly quickly or burn fast like a zelrig blitz. In the end Id be surprised if Atlaga would be priced any different if bolt never ended up on the card.
Now THAT was a detailed, considered, and marvelous post. Thank you for the enlightenment!
Old April 27th, 2022, 08:54 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

I suppose I'm a foolish player then, since I've done that on multiple occasions... but it did pay off a couple times, so....

In general I agree though, it's better to hang back till mid-late game, or unless you're positive you can claim a strong height position.

Atlaga feels very appropriately costed. The only 3 units in the game who needed adjusting by the designers I'd argue are the Deathreavers (Unique squad, or cost 80-90 pts), Q9 (Make him 200 even), and Raelin 1.0 (shoulda' been 180 points like Taelord.)

Atlaga is one of my favorite heroes, I use him all the time in conjunction with my Protectors. That +1 speed is a lifesaver.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old June 27th, 2022, 11:28 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryCecy View Post
When playing Zargon, does anyone remove monsters from the board when they are out of site of a hero and track their movement in the quest book? Thoughts on doing this?
I've never thought to do that before!

Should we make a new Bot Strategy Thread @Dysole ?
Old June 27th, 2022, 12:02 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Interesting

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Last edited by Muskie; June 27th, 2022 at 12:07 PM. Reason: decided not to comment

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units