Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old September 12th, 2021, 04:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin) - Design

I agree that the "must be able to end this move unengaged" doesn't sound great--either requiring that they end that move unengaged or removing the reference altogether (with just 1 move and the Vlad player moving them, that will generally be the case anyways... Albeit it does open up some more "synergies" with units like Nakitas or the Cathar if he can force figures into engagement with his army).
Old September 12th, 2021, 05:38 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I agree that the "must be able to end this move unengaged" doesn't sound great--either requiring that they end that move unengaged or removing the reference altogether (with just 1 move and the Vlad player moving them, that will generally be the case anyways... Albeit it does open up some more "synergies" with units like Nakitas or the Cathar if he can force figures into engagement with his army).
Yeah; IMO it was thematically necessary back when it affected everyone within 2R. Now that it only works on adjacent figures, I can take it or leave it.

Curious to hear what @Skinderella @Alexandros @Zetsubo and @flameslayer93 would prefer.
Old September 12th, 2021, 06:19 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know how practical Horrifying Display is going to be considering he has to destroy one of the adjacent figures for it to work. He does not bond and it's very easy to work around because of its range and his lack of mobility, feels like it'll only really come up if he's been swarmed with rats, and they aren't going to care about it anyway.

Horrifying Display having range but only affecting a couple of figures at a time might be a more practical version by not completely screwing melee squads and also seeing more use in general.

If we do keep it to adjacent figures only, the "must be able to end this move unengaged" clause could be removed, it's limiting an already limited power. If we add range to it, could always word it to be something like "cannot end this move adjacent to Vlad".

The rest of the design looks good to me!
Old September 12th, 2021, 07:26 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay; I've updated the first page. I'm thinking maybe 125 points to start might be decent? I like the idea of adding a more expensive hero to the mix. Let me know if I'm off base with the pricing, as I won't pretend I'm an expert in that area.

Also removed the "must be able to end this move unengaged" clause as its less necessary with the new 1 range version.
@flameslayer93 @Alexandros @Zetsubo @Skinderella let's vote to proceed to Editing. Of course, just let me know if there's anything that looks off that you think should be changed!

Quote:
Vlad III
Species = Human
Unique Hero
Class = Lord
Personality = Sadistic
SIZE = medium 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE 5 / BASIC
RANGE 1 / BASIC
ATTACK 4 / BASIC
DEFENSE 4 / BASIC

125 POINTS

IMPALEMENT 13
After moving and before attacking, choose any small or medium figure adjacent to Vlad III. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice if attacked by Vlad III this turn.

HORRIFYING DISPLAY
After taking a turn with Vlad III, if Vlad destroyed at least one figure, you may move each enemy squad figure engaged with Vlad up to 1 space, if possible. Any figures moved with Display of Cruelty take any leaving engagement attacks that apply. Figures with the fearless personality are not affected by Horrifying Display.
Old September 21st, 2021, 11:45 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

This gets my

Horrifying Display should be fun.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 12:02 AM

Okay; I'll take @Skinderella 's approval in post #243 as a YEA to proceed to Editing. Skinderella, if I misinterpreted that, just let me know!

Otherwise, Vlad III moves forward to Editing! @Astroking112 could you update the books of index? @Scytale , Vlad III is ready for the checklist whenever you have time (along with Katryn Vade, the Alabaster Sentinels, and Nephda). Please let us know if you don't anticipate being able to edit these in the near future, in which case we'll proceed directly to playtesting and just make sure the checklist is run at some point before release. Not ideal, I know, but at this point we kinda just need to maintain some momentum.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 02:58 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin) - Editing

I'm not keen on Horrifying Display's current version as it seems a bit lackluster, but we'll see how it does in testing. Might be a lot stronger in practice, but on paper to me it doesn't seem like it'd get used much.

I'd say he's ready for playtesting
Old September 22nd, 2021, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
I'm not keen on Horrifying Display's current version as it seems a bit lackluster, but we'll see how it does in testing. Might be a lot stronger in practice, but on paper to me it doesn't seem like it'd get used much.

I'd say he's ready for playtesting
Hmm, I’m assuming you preferred the previous version with 2 range? Or a different direction altogether?

I agree that it’s a bit more reined in than the 2 range version, but I think it will still be relevant. Whirling assault comes to mind as another power that only affects adjacent enemies, and that’s pretty solid. I think we may be surprised in play testing by how often Horrifying Display comes into play.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Hmm, I’m assuming you preferred the previous version with 2 range? Or a different direction altogether?

I agree that it’s a bit more reined in than the 2 range version, but I think it will still be relevant. Whirling assault comes to mind as another power that only affects adjacent enemies, and that’s pretty solid. I think we may be surprised in play testing by how often Horrifying Display comes into play.
The previous version or the one I described a couple of posts back, where it has more range but you select a couple of figures to be affected instead of everything in range.

You're right in that it might be stronger in practice, and I'm fine with it going through and being tested with this version, I just prefer a bit of range to it since he lacks the movement or bonding. Ranged squads can bypass it without a problem.
Old December 29th, 2021, 09:55 PM

@Scytale

Just a reminder that Vlad is ready for Editing. The OP is up to date with the most current wording for all his powers.

Thanks for all your work on this design everyone; I'm pretty excited to test Vlad out as I suspect he'll be a fun new shark figure and a potent answer to massed commons.
Old March 20th, 2022, 10:06 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Playtest here.

Quote:
Unfortunately this matchup wasn't able to really showcase either AotV card. Really the only takeaway was that players felt it would be hard to justify OMs on Vlad (in this, or more 'normal' games; I'm also just noticing that his OP says 125 points which seems like way too many when he was at 90 before). Maybe 6 Move would help?
(Also while I'm here, I'm going to suggest 5/1/5/6 for the basic side based on his current iteration.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 9th, 2022, 12:06 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

It makes sense that Vlad wouldn't have much chance to shine in that matchup; he definitely wants to go against an expensive melee squad to get the most out of his points. I could see 6 move smoothing out his effectiveness a bit, though, giving him a bit more oomph and impact when given OMs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs