Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 19th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Cool. What did Isak bring to take numero uno?
Quahon, Estivara, Fyorlag Spiders x5, Marcu, Otonashi. Pretty cool, since that's the first time a Spider/Quahon army has won a tournament. I also believe that's @Isak 's first win here, so congrats!!!

Full standings/armies have been posted and can be viewed here.

Also, I hope everyone is pumped, because next up is one of our biggest tourneys of the year, the Jingle Bell Bash!! It's one of my favorite recurring formats, right up there with team battles, and it holds a special spot as an annual tournament that in part marks the beginning of the Monthly tournaments here, since it's where Scaperedude and the Dewk first decided to get them rolling! So get ready and mark your calendars -- it's going to be great, so I hope everyone can come!! Details to follow:

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 19th, 2018, 10:32 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Get ready folks, here it comes :

THE JINGLE BELL BASH! ( Utah Monthly December 2018 )

When: December 15th, 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always quite welcome as well, of course.)

Format: Pick Your Poison! (Pick what you play against)
Bring two armies. At the beginning of each game, roll the D20 against your opponent. Higher roll gets to pick which army their opponent will play, or defer and let the opponent pick first. Choose what you play against wisely!
In traditional Jingle Bell Bash fashion, we’re running smaller point armies to allow for fast rounds so we can get more games in!
Pizza will be provided for lunch to keep the time down. When you RSVP, let us know if you’re a vegetarian — otherwise it will be pepperoni all around!

- Two 335 point armies (you cannot have the same army card in both armies)
- 24 figure limit
- SoV & C3V allowed, official Marvel allowed
- Power Glyphs: Unique Attack +1, Move +2, Initiative +8, D20 +1, Wound, Healer,
- Treasure Glyphs: Elixir of Speed, Belt of Giant Strength, Giant Hunter Stone, Ring of Protection, Scarab of Invulnerability, Brooch of Shielding
- Eight 35 minute rounds

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE POST IF YOU’LL BE IN ATTENDANCE. It helps with the logistics of a lot of things (especially pizza ).

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; December 17th, 2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old November 19th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Woohoo super excited for this! Count me in!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 19th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I should be there too! I'm really excited for this format! Think we'll be able to finish by 5 with 8 rounds?

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old November 19th, 2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Woohoo super excited for this! Count me in!
Counted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I should be there too! I'm really excited for this format! Think we'll be able to finish by 5 with 8 rounds?
Awesome! Maybe we'll finally face off!

The plan is to be able to finish by 5, and I'll be keeping things as timely as possible. If we start right at 11 we should be fine according to my math, but if we have a late start I'll look at the time and if we need to drop to seven rounds we will.

10 Points Under Videos

Old November 19th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Let’s just make sure we get started right at 11am. That means mapmakers be there @10:30! I prebuilt mine to make it fast and easy. I’ll try to bring 4-5 this time around to make it easier on prep

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 19th, 2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Let’s just make sure we get started right at 11am. That means mapmakers be there @10:30! I prebuilt mine to make it fast and easy. I’ll try to bring 4-5 this time around to make it easier on prep
Yes, exactly! I'll be reminding people who are helping to setup to be there early. You bringing a few will be great, as long as you don't try to go to Lehi again.

10 Points Under Videos

Old November 19th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Awesome! Maybe we'll finally face off!
Ah - the real reason we're doing so many rounds. i'll be ready for you!

Quote:
The plan is to be able to finish by 5, and I'll be keeping things as timely as possible. If we start right at 11 we should be fine according to my math, but if we have a late start I'll look at the time and if we need to drop to seven rounds we will.
Okay - awesome. Thanks!

Quote:
I'm willing to bring a couple maps as well and I could be there at 10:30. I'll stay tuned for decisions on maps.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old November 19th, 2018, 09:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

So if you win the D20 dice off, you pick your opponent's army from their two, then you pick one of your two to fight it? Or you let them pick out of their two, then you pick the one you want to fight them with? I've never played this format.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 19th, 2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
So if you win the D20 dice off, you pick your opponent's army from their two, then you pick one of your two to fight it? Or you let them pick out of their two, then you pick the one you want to fight them with? I've never played this format.
In usual Pick Your Poison you pool all four armies together and then pick what your opponent plays out of those, but we're doing an easier version (easier in person, it's harder to explain in text). It will go like this:

1. Both players dice off. High roller chooses to either pick first or defer. (Bigga rolls a 14 and Flash rolls an 8. Bigga chooses to defer first choice to Flash.)
2. Whoever ends up going first picks one army out of the two that the opponent brought for the opponent to play. (Bigga brought armies A and B. Flash picks first, and chooses for Bigga to play army B.)
3. Whoever goes second does the same for their opponent (the one who picked first), picking one of the two armies that the opponent brought for that opponent to play. (Flash brought armies C and D. Bigga gets to pick now, and chooses for Flash to play army C, because little did Flash know that Bigga is really good against that army. Muahahaha.)

It looks tricky when written out, but it's super simple in practice, and went really well last time we did it.

As a tip for people who are new to this format, make sure that both of your armies are about the same power level (i.e. don't do Rats/Raelin/Range in one and Acolarh/Dund/Roman Archers x2 in the other). If one of them is significantly weaker than the other, you'll probably be playing that in most of your games. (Of course, if you like the challenge, go for it .)

Also, are you going to be able to make it down for this one, @TREX ?

10 Points Under Videos

Old November 20th, 2018, 06:11 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Get ready for my army of 12X Sahuagan Raiders, and Maltis Tez, or the other option of 12 Dumutef Guards, and Maltis Tez.

These two won out closely over 2 Mindflayer Masterminds, and Cxurg'gyath because this would have been 5 points over...

Say, could we raise the point total by 5 points? Asking for a friend...
Old November 20th, 2018, 11:11 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Not sure if Ill be making it yet @BiggaBullfrog . I figured if I did I would need to have an idea of the format.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events