Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old July 11th, 2021, 11:17 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin) (Design)

So you can destroy your own figure to activate DoC?
And it results in LEAs?
That is going to be brutal with rats and some sacrificial figures, like Vipers or something that can respawn, may make one squad of Zombies viable.
Though the range and unengaged clause may keep it in check.
Old July 11th, 2021, 11:20 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
So you can destroy your own figure to activate DoC?
And it results in LEAs?
That is going to be brutal with rats and some sacrificial figures, like Vipers or something that can respawn, may make one squad of Zombies viable.
Though the range and unengaged clause may keep it in check.
That's the intent! Most of the time I really don't think it will be worth it to attack your own rats/vipers, since Vlad only has a single attack and its likely better to just spend that attack swinging at whatever you were hoping to kill via LEA. In niche situations, like where Vlad is engaged with both a friendly viper and 4+ enemy squad figures it might be worth it, but I think that will be pretty rare and I'm ok with that interaction, at least in theory.

I really appreciate your input in these threads @Tornado , the outside perspective is really helpful!
Old July 11th, 2021, 12:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

NP. I was thinking more that you engage your enemy using the rats, then kill a Viper to cause the LEAs. Probably not broken but something to keep an eye on.
I enjoyed AotP and really like Sorin. May use the figure for an Elric custom some day.
Old July 11th, 2021, 05:23 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
NP. I was thinking more that you engage your enemy using the rats, then kill a Viper to cause the LEAs. Probably not broken but something to keep an eye on.
I enjoyed AotP and really like Sorin. May use the figure for an Elric custom some day.
Ah, that makes sense. That'll definitely be something to keep an eye on, but my gut says that I don't think it should be TOO powerful in practice? If it does seem frustrating, fortunately there's a few ways to dial back the power easily, either by only triggering it off killing opponent's figures, or just reducing the range to 1.
Old July 15th, 2021, 01:11 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry for the late reply on this, but looks good to me!

In regards to Display of Cruelty, I don't see why the personality would need to match the name of the power if the name includes a pre-existing personality. If that's a problem to a lot of people though, what about naming it Horrifying Display?

Sadistic is my preference for personality but I'm happy with Merciless too.
Old July 15th, 2021, 07:18 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not in the group, but Display of Cruelty could be named BattlefieldPublic Beheading or Head on a Pike. Either one would disturb any enemy grunts present.

Last edited by UtahScott; July 16th, 2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old July 24th, 2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
I'm not in the group, but Display of Cruelty could be named BattlefieldPublic Beheading or Head on a Pike. Either one would disturb any enemy grunts present.
Hey UtahScott, thanks for the suggestions! I think at this point we've got a number of good options, it just comes down to what the majority of the pod prefers. I think my preferences would be, in order:

Horrifying Display > Display of Cruelty > Public Beheading

For personalities, my preferences are:

Sadistic > Merciless > Terrifying

Thoughts, @flameslayer93 @Alexandros @Zetsubo @Skinderella ? I think we're just about ready to move this design on to editing!
Old July 30th, 2021, 05:17 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Hey UtahScott, thanks for the suggestions! I think at this point we've got a number of good options, it just comes down to what the majority of the pod prefers. I think my preferences would be, in order:

Horrifying Display > Display of Cruelty > Public Beheading

For personalities, my preferences are:

Sadistic > Merciless > Terrifying

Thoughts, @flameslayer93 @Alexandros @Zetsubo @Skinderella ? I think we're just about ready to move this design on to editing!
I'm fine with any of these honestly, but my order is the same as yours: Horrifying Display, and Sadistic, are my first picks.
Old September 7th, 2021, 11:46 PM

Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin) - Design

Quote:
VLAD III
Species = Human
Unique Hero
Class = Lord
Personality = Sadistic
SIZE = medium 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE 5 / BASIC
RANGE 1 / BASIC
ATTACK 4 / BASIC
DEFENSE 4 / BASIC

??? POINTS

IMPALEMENT 13
After moving and before attacking, choose any small or medium figure adjacent to Vlad III. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice if attacked by Vlad III this turn.

HORRIFYING DISPLAY
After taking a turn with Vlad III, if Vlad destroyed at least one figure, you may move each enemy squad figure engaged with Vlad up to 1 space, if possible. Any figures moved with Display of Cruelty must be able to end this move unengaged, and take any leaving engagement attacks that apply. Figures with the fearless personality are not affected by Horrifying Display.
@flameslayer93 @Alexandros @Zetsubo @Skinderella

Now that I have the ability to edit the first page, let's see if we can't finalize this design for editing, shall we?

Significant changes from previous proposals are:
  • Updated personality to "sadistic"
  • Updated power name to "Horrifying Display"
  • Changed Horrifying Display to only affect adjacent figures, and to not affect Fearless figures.

If we can get approval from at least two other pod members, I think this should be good for Editing.
Old September 11th, 2021, 12:09 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the Sadistic personality a lot and the name Horrifying Display works IMO. The change to not work on Fearless figures is a bit odd in my eyes since it's kind of a toss-up for whether that personality affects anything or not--sometimes like Akumaken, it does, but it feels like pretty often it's left out for the sake of simplicity or because synonyms for Fearless could exist that cause some thematic oddities. I don't dislike it, but it's worth noting nonetheless.

With Horrifying Display limited to adjacency only (a change that I like, albeit it will make Vlad harder to use... Which isn't necessarily bad, given that I was thinking the previous 2-space incarnation would probably land above 120 points), how about letting it work on heroes? I don't think that there will be many cases where Vlad can engage 3+ squad figures at a time, albeit it's also worth noting that he can already really punish figures with a 35% chance of bypassing defense dice.
Old September 11th, 2021, 04:38 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Something that just stuck out to me is this clause: "Any figures moved with Display of Cruelty must be able to end this move unengaged". Is this necessary? What it is accomplishing thematically? I feel like it just creates unnecessary questions.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 11th, 2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Something that just stuck out to me is this clause: "Any figures moved with Display of Cruelty must be able to end this move unengaged". Is this necessary? What it is accomplishing thematically? I feel like it just creates unnecessary questions.
It's no longer quite as necessary since it only works on adjacent figures. It's supposed to reinforce the theme of enemies running *away* from Vlad in fear at the sight of his brutality.

Before, when it affected everyone within 2 range, it could have been used to move enemies into engagement with him, which would have been very unthematic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs