Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 30th, 2010, 01:47 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wandering Monsters! Philadelphia PA Tournament - 1/15/11

Tournament Results in the second post of this thread.

Post Tournament Thread can be found here.

Its time for another Heroscape tournament in the City of Brotherly love! It will be held on January 15th, 2011 at Redcap’s Corner game store. The website can be found HERE and the address is:
4040 Locust St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 387-4040
redcapscorner@gmail.com

Here are the specifics for the tournament:

What to bring:
Figures, their cards, dice, wound markers, and order markers

Army Construction/Format: Wandering Monsters!
Each map will have its own Neutral Figure (basically an uncommon hero from the D&D expansion sets). The following rules will apply to the Neutral Figure:
Both players may place up to two (2) order markers on a Neutral Figure’s army card. When an order marker is revealed on a Neutral Figure, the revealing player controls the Neutral Figure for the duration of its turn (i.e. it temporarily becomes part of the revealing player’s army). After that turn, the figure becomes neutral again and is not controlled by either player. While a figure is neutral, all players treat it as an opponent’s figure. The Neutral Figure will always perform leaving engagement attacks against figures that disengage from it.

Armies will be 405 points with no Marvel units allowed. Sam Brown will be allowed as long as you can tell him apart from any other 4th Mass you may be using. Any 4th Mass or 10th of Foot sculpt can be used for Sam Brown.

Army Discussion Thread

Timeframe:
The tournament will consist of five 60 minute rounds. We will begin set-up at 11AM and start rolling dice around 11:45. Including tournament clean-up and awarding prizes, we should finish up between 5:30 and 6 PM.

Fee:
$5 per participant will be collected with all of the money going toward gift certificates that can be used at Redcap’s Corner. Redcap's does sell HS merchandise as well as other great board, card and miniatures games.

Food:
Recap's Corner allows outside food and drink in there store, so feel free to bring a snack or two along with you. There are vending machines available in the store as well. We will not be stopping for a lunch or dinner break.

Maps:
Dund on Highways & Dieways brought by tom
Spoiler Alert!
Runa on Embattled Fen brought by Epic Llama
Spoiler Alert!
Wyvern on Turret Rocks brought by Clancampbell
Spoiler Alert!
Mindflayer Mastermind on Northern Passage brought by tom
Spoiler Alert!
Ice Troll on Kaltengeist brought by Fallow
Spoiler Alert!
Iron Golem on Trailblazer brought by Arcus
Spoiler Alert!
Brunak on Fire Isles brought by Fallow
Spoiler Alert!
Feral Troll on Ticalla Sunrise brought by spidysox
Spoiler Alert!
Ogre Warhulk on Healing Waters brought by Arcus
Spoiler Alert!
Werewolf Lord on Jungle Wall brought by Johngee
Spoiler Alert!
Torin on the Secret Maze of Doom brought by tom (inspired by Clancampbell)

Glyphs:
None.

How will players and maps be selected?
Players will be assigned randomly for the first round. After that round I will match up players with similar records (for example in round 2 the 1-0 players will be randomly paired and the 0-1 players will be randomly paired). This way by the end of the tournament, we should have a clear 5-0 winner or a 4-1 winner with the most points (see below).

Maps will also be assigned randomly. Once I get the players assinged I will look at the maps that they have both played on and put them on a map neither has played.

Full Card Scoring
At the end of each round players will add up the value in points that they have destroyed throughout the course of the game. Typically the winner will have wiped out his opponent and will score the full 405 points. The loser will add up the points for each card they completely destroyed. There will be no partial scoring for wounds inflicted on heroes that are not destroyed or squad figurues that have surviving members. This is different from what we normally do so please feel free to ask any questions regarding the change.

Points for Neutral Figures
The person who actually kills the neutral figure will get the points for it. If the neutral figure dies while you are controlling it, your opponent will get the points. For example, if you jump the monster off of a high cliff and it takes falling damage and dies then your opponent will get the points.

With the points going to the player who killed the neutral figure it is possible to lose the match and still score more points than the winner. Remember the win conditions for the match are to wipe out your opponents army, not score more points than he does!

If a game ends on time both players will add up the points they destroyed and whoever has killed the most points will be determined the winner. If the game is still tied after adding up points, the game will be called a draw and we will throw rotten fruit at both of you for messing up my scoring system.

Hopefully this is clear, but if there are any more questions please ask.

Attendees:
tom
Johngee
Clancampbell
Ignignokt
Arcus
Northgate
Justine
spidysox
Epic Llama
TheEpicAlpaca
Fallow

possibles
mikelizzio
bobgrant
Dolan

Last edited by tom; January 16th, 2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old November 30th, 2010, 01:48 AM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Philadelphia PA Tournament - 1/15/11

Here are the results: ( Points Destroyed / Monster Points Destroyed )

4-1 Northgate (2430/415) – Axegrinders x 3, Darrak, Heirloom, Theracus
4-1 tom (2395/460) – Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x 7
4-1 spidysox (1940/210) – Zombies x 6, Dumetef Guard, Marcu
3-2 Clancampbell (2125/480) – Blade Gruts x 3, Grimnak, Tornak, Marro Warriors, Isamu
3-2 Arcus (1415/100) – Guilty, Me-Burq-Sa, Death Chasers x 3, Nerak, Krav Maga
2-2-1 Tyler (1430/100) – Goblin Cutters x 4, Major Q9, Drow Chain Fighter
2-3 Johngee (1835/235) – Kaemon Awa, Airborne Elite, Krav Maga, Blastatrons, Otonashi
2-3 Dolan (1440/290) – Marro Warriors, Phantom Knights, Major Q10, Kaemon Awa
2-3 The Epic Alpaca (1400/190) – Warriors of Ashra x 3, Charos, Sahaugin Raider
1-3-1 Justine (1255/360) – Sam Brown, Guilty McCreech, Sir Denrick, Knights x 3
1-4 The Epic Llama (1450/200) – Major Q10, Raelin, Marro Warriors, Deathreavers x 3
1-4 Fallow (1295/185) – Krav Maga Agents, Nakita Agents, Gorillinators x 2

Last edited by tom; January 16th, 2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old November 30th, 2010, 01:51 AM

Its time to kick off the 2011 Eastern PA, MD, NJ Heroscape tournament scene! I already have a format in mind for this, but I am still working out some details in my head. I will post more on them later this week. I am open to other ideas for the format though so if you have a specific type of tournament you want to see, speak up! Hopefully we can get another big turnout for the first event of the new year.
Old November 30th, 2010, 12:11 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Whooohooo count me in (barring any interferrence from the Snow and Ice demons). I love the roman numeral references... does that translate to: "five rounds of XX (TWENTY) minutes each" and "winner will have wiped out his opponent and will score the full XXX (THIRTY) points"??? Does this format mean I'll HAVE TO bring a Romanesque Army? I'm L0^0King forward to starting off the new year with some HeroScape and hope to see you in Pitman on the 18th.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old November 30th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Here is the format that I am thinking of using for this tournament. I am calling it the Wandering Monster format and it is based off of the Crazy Troll scenario that WotC (curse their foul name) released online.

Each map will have its own Neutral Figure (basically an uncommon hero from the D&D expansion sets). The following rules will apply to the Neutral Figure:
Both players may place up to two (2) order markers on a Neutral Figure’s army card. When an order marker is revealed on a Neutral Figure, the revealing player controls the Neutral Figure for the duration of its turn (i.e. it temporarily becomes part of the revealing player’s army). After that turn, the figure becomes neutral again and is not controlled by either player. While a figure is neutral, all players treat it as an opponent’s figure. The Neutral Figure will always perform leaving engagement attacks against figures that disengage from it.

Armies will be 405 points with no Marvel units allowed. Sam Brown will be allowed as long as you can tell him apart from any other 4th Mass you may be using. Any 4th Mass or 10th of Foot sculpt can be used for Sam Brown.
Old November 30th, 2010, 08:14 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Oh yeah, back to Philly. Put me as possible for now, but I would say that it is a very good bet that I will be there. 80% at least.

Seems like a fun format, looking forward to more info.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:31 AM

grunttactics Woo who?

Format sounds goofy! I'll be there! Count me in!
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:33 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd say count me and Xanth in.

Love the idea, and 405 rocks as a point total!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:27 PM

Ignignokt is surprisingly tart

I will be there. How many figures are allowed?
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

We normally have a MAXIMUM of 24 figures allowed in these tournaments, but because of the 405 point limit, the largest Army that I can think of is only 17 figures...
Isamu ................ 10
Marcu ................ 20
15x Dumutef Guards, or Swog Riders, or Drow Chainfighters, or Sahaugin Raiders, or some combination of them (@ 25 pt. each) .... 375
TOTAL = 17 @ 405

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; December 1st, 2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:58 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
We normally have a MAXIMUM of 24 figures allowed in these tournaments, but because of the 405 point limit, the largest Army that I can think of is only 17 figures...
Isamu ................ 10
Marcu ................ 20
15x Dumutef Guards, or Swog Riders, or Drow Chainfighters, or Sahaugin Raiders, or some combination of them (@ 25 pt. each) .... 375
TOTAL = 17 @ 405
Not 24 figures Johngee, but 24 spaces (hexes). your Dumetef Guards would take up 30 spaces on their own. Not that they wouldnt be fun

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Oh yeah, back to Philly. Put me as possible for now, but I would say that it is a very good bet that I will be there. 80% at least.

Seems like a fun format, looking forward to more info.
You just gotta make it. Make sure you bring peteparkerh too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunttactics View Post
Format sounds goofy! I'll be there! Count me in!
Great. Hopefully the format will throw a monkey wrench into some of the standard tactics. I still have yet to playtest this idea so if it is a disaster I will be forced to change it. If anybody else does some playtesting, please chime in and let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I'd say count me and Xanth in.

Love the idea, and 405 rocks as a point total!
Glad that you guys can make it. I was originally going to do 420, but that makes 4th Mass x 6 too easy. Then I thought, 410 but when I decided to bring in Sam Brown that makes 4th Mass x 5 with Sam too easy. So now its 405 specifically to give 4th Mass builds a hard time (and to drive Johngee crazy ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignignokt View Post
I will be there. How many figures are allowed?
Excellent! Welcome to the site and the PA, NJ, MD tournament scene. As spidysox mentioned above, your army will max out at 24 start zone spaces. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here. Everybody will be happy to help.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events