Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 12th, 2020, 12:42 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Superman *1*)

I tested Lois Lane with this Superman and Superman *2*, I think this one benefits from her a bit more because of Heroic Duty keeping her safe from ranged attacks. Not sure what Jon Kent's design looks like, but I'm sure the Kent family + Krypto would make for a solid army.

Usually when I take Superman I built him similar to what Bats said, making a 600 point build separate from him, and gluing him onto it. Are there any armies that particularly benefit from having a huge hitter attached, and can spare 400 points for him? My first thought is some sort of X-Men first class + Superman. Not sure who you would lose to build up 400 points though.
Old November 12th, 2020, 12:47 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

For the X-Men, I’d probably go for Cyclops II over Xavier, just cause he does better in smaller armies as more of a combat leader. If you want to be really annoying, you could do Cyclops II/Blob and force the enemy to engage Blob to get around Heroic Duty. Any of the Crime Fighter builds might like his help as well, like keeping Luke Cage protected from ranged attacks as he moves forward, for example.
Old November 12th, 2020, 12:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As some others have mentioned, snipers like him, since they want to stay at range anyway, thus ranged attacks are more relevant. Green Arrow (II) is a good partner, but I also wouldn't sleep on the 600 point army of Black Canary (I), Oracle, Green Arrow (I), and Red Arrow (though Martian Manhunter (I) and Robin (Dick Grayson) are also a good expenditure of 400 points for that army).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 12th, 2020, 12:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Punisher probably likes him too. And you could probably figure out a decent army built around a Crime Lord or Mastermind and the Hired Guns to tag him onto.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 14th, 2020, 06:56 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

To finish the DC Master Set, we have Two Face *1*
Old November 14th, 2020, 07:01 PM

This guy is the definition of streaky! Best competitive advice is to roll the D20 well!

He does like the Street Thugs to help him get something out of an Order Marker when he's not hitting his rolls, but there are better options in general for the Street Thugs, so he probably doesn't rate highly from the competitive angle.

Rushing him into a crowd and using Heads You Live, Heads You Die with a D20 manipulator backing him is probably your best bet competitively.

Old November 14th, 2020, 08:19 PM

Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Two Face *1*)

Yeah, pretty clear this guy wasn't designed to be the most consistent figure, but he is fun! I don't really see him ever being ran in a competeive context unless someone is basing their whole army on luck, but he can do work if your rolls are good. Like you said Bats, I would assume the best way to use him is with D20 manipulators. Who do we have that can do that? I know Sage and Constantine off the top of my head.
Old November 14th, 2020, 08:22 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yep, there's a reason I never use this guy in testing, but still had tonnes of fun with him shortly after getting World's Finest! He's a really fun figure, and I honestly don't think he's weak the way his ranking would indicate he's just.... not remotely consistent. And honestly, at his cost, you can afford that. I like him.
Honestly, I never test with the Fan 4 or Wrecking Crew if I can afford it for the same reason.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 14th, 2020, 09:30 PM

I find Fan Four and Wrecking Crew last long enough that their luck tends to even out. It’s tougher with a single figure.

As for D20 manipulators, my favorite one is coming out next year.

Old November 15th, 2020, 09:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Re: Grundy

In addition to leading with him as your first wave attacker, the other trick is making sure you are ready to make use of him when he suddenly returns to play. I like both Baron Zemo's for this. One is an OM dump that can let you easily switch tactics and use him when he appears. The other can let you flex a turn his way via the X reveal. His big attack can turn a game around for you, but only if you can use it.
Old November 16th, 2020, 09:15 AM

Moving out of DC and into our first Marvel units, the Fantastic Four begin with Invisible Woman
Old November 16th, 2020, 10:15 AM

Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Invisible Woman)

Ah, doing all the Master Sets first! Obviously her default build is with Mister Fantastic, Human Torch, and Thing at 1,000 and those four play together well. She's useful in any Scientist or Adventurer build, though, and is a pod's best friend (at least when it comes to defending against normal attacks).

You don't really want to have to put an Order Marker on her, so anyone who gives her passive movement or gets multiple activations per turn is a good friend.

Mister Fantastic does this and also covers a big thing for her: Protecting her from melee. Her defensive aura is great for her allies and Invisibility (mostly) protects her from range, but she's a fairly soft target if a heavy hitter can close in on her and punch her directly. Mister Fantastic can mitigate a lot of this by tying figures up with Rubber Wrap.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy