Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: The majority of these Army Cards are...
Overpowered 0 0%
Mostly Balanced 2 100.00%
Underpowered 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 19th, 2018, 02:05 PM

KaineKamui is surprisingly tart
Re: Please note, I typed this out earlier, but I do have rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Glad to hear back @KaineKamui ! I'll reply some more a bit later, but here's another batch of feedbacks.
Y'anrylh:
I used this name because it was the name the miniature came with, and often when a figure I get already has a proper name I like to keep it. Still, I can understand that it's a bit confusing and will see if there are any proper substitutes. As for Heroic...well, um...not all heroes are heroic so that doesn't make it always redundant! >__< Yeah, but Valiant probably would fit better into the natural scene anyway.

Zephyrus:
This was where I was conflicted due to thematics. Because he's this giant sort of wind/storm guy with powers like walking on air, I didn't see how logically it'd make sense for him to have less move than Jotun, a regular ole giant. But it's probably best to reduce it, and giant things usually do move slower due to their huge size: he actually turned out being way, way bigger than anticipated, and when I get the pictures up of the actual figures it's pretty crazy to see how huge he is. O_O

Uruk-Hai Warriors:
Yeah, at some point I want to make a Saruman custom, so they were made with him in mind, but I also wanted to show some love for poor Kee-Mo-Shi who had to be labelled a "Warwitch" and lose out on the Hivelord/Warlord bonding so many other Marro get to have. Since it'd be strange to only have Warwitch and Wizard as bonding options, I decided to make it a more widespread bonding to evil magic users.

Uruk Pikemen:
If I increased the amount to get their Tactical Disengage from 6 or higher to 11 or higher, would that be enough to not have to increase their points? Thinking about it again, 6 seems a little low: they are highly trained warriors, but anyone handling a pike is gonna find it a lot harder to maneuver themselves.

Serotia:
As for her Hit Zone, I decided upon that because she has this darkened blue skin tone, and that just made me think that maybe the effects of all her use of dark magics have sort of corrupted and decayed her body over time--that she's sort of being held together by her magic, but while not being a full traditional undead sort of person just yet.
Old August 21st, 2018, 10:49 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: KaineKamui's Huge Custom Heroscape Thread

Another salvo of them KaineKamui!

Solonavi:
If it weren't for the Uruk's giving this guy bonding, I wouldn't be sure this guy is worth his points. Although melee heroes undoubtedly love his ATK bonus, the set up required for this might push the player back some turns (Solo, Hero, Solo, Hero). Solid balance here. Burning Rain is a nice touch, and way more effective than Healing Rain.

Witch-King:
That's a strong hero. He receives bonding from Death Knights, who look like they should line right up with this unit for theme. He could just as easily go work for Valkrill, but if you want to keep him in Utgar for LotR purposes, I understand.

Onyx:
Well that's different. A couple things about Forsaken by the Gods: It protects him from all special attacks, which is a major theme break against things like Explosion Special Attack or Fireline Special Attack. Those attacks come from an army card, but rather than being something like Raelin's magical defense bonus, are things that just happen. If the Gods have forsaken you, why would they protect you from dragonsfire? Also, it *doesn't* prevent being the recipient of bonding/free turns. Warlord Bonding from the Roman Legionnaires neither target nor affects the hero it bonds with. Knowing that, this guy plus Romans could spell doom for a lot of things. And then this guy gets multiple attacks per turn. That's insane. You might be better off changing his class to Warrior, for that reason alone. He'd still receive bonding from Death Knights, but that bonding isn't as overpowered.

Goblin King:
Hey it's David Bowie!
This guy is proboably insanely underpriced. Taelord is 180 and only boosts attack by 1. This guy is 150 and boosts attack and defense by 1 or 2. Taelord affects everything, but is a crappy cheerleader who can die quickly. This guy has 9 Life + Regen + Moves his Screen. If you played some Goblin Archers, this could easily be one of the most insane armies in your games. This units undoubtedly needs his cost bumped by probably 50 or so in the event he gets his Goblin Archers.

Leviathan:
5's are wild with this one. He'll be hard to run in any army, but that drawback comes with a pretty decent unit. Neato.

Toris:
A slightly stronger version of Torin. Cool idea, but I think his cost may need to come down by about 10.

Skalmad:
This unit could make from a great piece in a higher point value game, like 1,000 points or so. I could see an entire army of baddies charging the good guys, with this guy in the lead. His cost is probably justified.

Belphegore:
I'm gonna take a guess and say that his cost of 336 is deliberate for theme. Careful with this unit, since he can win the game in about 3 rounds, solo or with a good +Def unit like Raelin back in your SZ. After he gets that 6th marker, you may as well have him fly away from all threats. But, for his cost of 340* he'd better be a game winner.

Muspelheim:
:shocked: That's one strong unit. At 400 points, he has the d20 units to fear the most. Units like Sudema, or Atlaga who can ohko him, and units who Mindshackle him. Morsbane would like to negate him as well, although the player would still have to cut through his stock of HP.

Quadrone:
I'm not sure this guy needs stealth flying, regular flying is probably adequate here. Let him get tied down by cheap units like rats or Marcu! It adds to the risk factor of playing him. Right now the main risk is choosing a good hero to explode by and doing it before melee troops catch him.

Skorizes:
These boys get 8 attacks and bonding. They can even bond with Skahen when they're tricky, who then can move them with Double Attack. My head hurts from the possibility of 10 attacks per turn, (and more if there other units in the pool with multiple attacks per turn). These units almost definately need a price bump. Test them against squads who get about 3 attacks per turn to start gauging where these boys stands.

Flaming Joe:
Another good option for the Skorzies (but this time from the Disciplined Catagory). He looks fairly balanced for what he can do. If you aren't running him with Skorzies, or even if you are, try him with Theracus and pull a SZ suicide run. See how much damage he does with that tactic a few times to get a good idea for his cost. I suspect about 120 points.

Hammer Juggernaut:
The only change I'd recommend here is to make Beserk Swing inflict a wound on the user post-attack or drop his defense a bit. Since the only way to safely handle this guy is with a unit with a skyhigh attack (and therefore price), flying units (who have a high price), or ranged fire (already strong in HS), I think he'll either need a nerf or point bump. Overheat is a nice touch for when he's almost dead too, and that's hy I came up with the wound for Berserk Swing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 21st, 2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Another salvo of them KaineKamui!
Witch-King:
I'll take a look into how he'd seem as a part of Valkrill. Even with the LotR theme, him being a part of Valkrill might not break it at all (because the forces of Isengard and Mordor are separate entities). My only problem would be that because while Valkrill and Utgar are allies, that Valkrill is the lesser power of the two, and it'd be odd for the Witch-King to be working for the lesser force. Still, though, that's only something someone really into things would notice, and I do like the idea of having more Valkrill forces in the game.

Onyx:
I will work on a better version of Forsaken By the Gods that will better address the flaws and concerns you've brought up, and to better fit with what I wanted it to do. I always try and keep things as simple as possible, but maybe for something that needs clarity like this a little more complexity is needed.

Goblin King:
Your worries about the Goblin Archers are unfounded because there are no Goblin Archers in the game! Grut Archers are Orcs, and The Great Goblin only gives bonuses to Goblins: which are the Goblin Cutters and the Horned Skull Brutes. Unless, of course, you're talking about some figure(s) I don't know about within the C3V universe. :/

Toris:
Toris will gladly accept a cost reduction! I've actually been having trouble deciding what is a good cost for him, so an outside opinion on it is welcome.

Belphegore:
Yeah, he's a very tricky figure that will need testing. The idea of him came from both the mini's visual itself as reminding me of this doomsday creature, and from Yu-Gi-Oh! where I thought it'd be interesting if there was something that could give you an instant win condition outside of the normal way of doing things. It can definitely have some problems, but again will have to see how easy or difficult it is to achieve and go from there.

Musphelheim:
I couldn't resist making him as giant a figure as I did. As you've noticed, except for him and Belphegore, I've kept all figures I've made at the 225 point high-end limit set by the original Heroscape, but everything I made within that range didn't fit the scope this guy's figure. (He has a flaming sword that's almost the size of Jotun!!! He's a Huge 13 figure completely clad in armor!!!). But, yeah...it was fun to create a gigantic boss hero. ^_^

Quadrone:
Hmmm, yes, I shall tinker with the drone's technology and remove their cloaking features to turn their flight to normal flight! *_*

Skorizes of Dirz:
This is another example of something maybe becoming less balanced due to my efforts to remove overly complex/confusing things: their Unstable Creation power originally had them switching between 3 different personalities and effects, but it simply took up too much space on the card. I will either adjust their points or find a way to alter their powers (while not letting it get too complicated) to make them more in line.

Hammer Juggernaut:
That's a really good idea for the Berserk Swing giving him a wound! I had an older version that had a penalty for using Berserk Swing, but the penalty I had was more complicated, and I ended removing a lot of the more complex/hard to understand aspects to powers. But a wound is something easy to put in.
Old August 21st, 2018, 11:29 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Goblin King:
Your worries about the Goblin Archers are unfounded because there are no Goblin Archers in the game! Grut Archers are Orcs, and The Great Goblin only gives bonuses to Goblins: which are the Goblin Cutters and the Horned Skull Brutes. Unless, of course, you're talking about some figure(s) I don't know about within the C3V universe. :/
There aren't any c3v Goblin Archers, but you can still make custom Goblin Archers or use another person's design. The Goblin King would seriously limit that avenue of custom creation in his current state.

I'll reply to more of the replies, but I wanted to highlight this one right away. Future designs are based on previous ones.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 02:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Impressive collection of customs!

Just a note that Tengu and Kenku are basically the same thing. Kenku is a D&D name that other systems aren't allowed to use for whatever reason, so they use Tengu instead. If I were you I'd just make them the same species in your cards.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Impressive collection of customs!

Just a note that Tengu and Kenku are basically the same thing. Kenku is a D&D name that other systems aren't allowed to use for whatever reason, so they use Tengu instead. If I were you I'd just make them the same species in your cards.

I didn't know about that fact! ^__^ Thanks for pointing it out, and I will adjust it the next time I update the cards.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
There aren't any c3v Goblin Archers, but you can still make custom Goblin Archers or use another person's design. The Goblin King would seriously limit that avenue of custom creation in his current state.

I'll reply to more of the replies, but I wanted to highlight this one right away. Future designs are based on previous ones.

That's a very good point you brought up, and I will have to think carefully about how to deal with him in regard to the possibility of any future ranged Goblin Squad unit.
Old August 29th, 2018, 09:48 PM

Re: KaineKamui's Huge Custom Heroscape Thread [UPDATED!]

Bumping up this thread due to a large update to the cards within. =)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards