Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old July 29th, 2020, 01:49 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin of the Eternal Thirst)

Something tells me Utgar doesnt care about disrupting timelines.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 29th, 2020, 08:51 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For me a lot depends on what name we want to go with for the figure. If we stick with the name Vlad III, it would seem weird to me if the figure wasn't the actual historical figure Vlad III. Regarding the historical continuity, a quick look at wikipedia suggests that the historical Vlad's body was never found? If so, that could actually tie in nicely to the idea that Utgar summoned Vlad, saving him from death in the middle of a losing battle.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
The place of his burial is unknown.[129] According to popular tradition (which was first recorded in the late 19th century),[130] Vlad was buried in the Monastery of Snagov.[131] However, the excavations carried out by Dinu V. Rosetti in 1933 found no tomb below the supposed "unmarked tombstone" of Vlad in the monastery church. Rosetti reported: "Under the tombstone attributed to Vlad there was no tomb. Only many bones and jaws of horses."[130] Historian Constantin Rezachevici said Vlad was most probably buried in the first church of the Comana Monastery, which had been established by Vlad and was near the battlefield where he was killed.[130]
All that being said, I'd also be okay with going the more generic route as long as the name was changed to not be TOO similar to the historical figure, although I find this direction slightly less compelling.
Old July 30th, 2020, 05:03 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Regarding the historical continuity, a quick look at wikipedia suggests that the historical Vlad's body was never found? If so, that could actually tie in nicely to the idea that Utgar summoned Vlad, saving him from death in the middle of a losing battle.

That's actually VERY compelling and something I missed. I like that a lot, that's assuaged my concerns. Thanks, Cap S!

Are we onto editing for Vlad now?
Old July 30th, 2020, 07:49 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do we first need to nail down the final wording for Brutality?

Quote:
BRUTALITY
When Vlad destroys a figure/causes a wound, for the rest of the round he and all figures with a range of 1 adjacent to him add 1 to their attack.
Right now its unclear whether Brutality only works when destroying a figure, or whether it would also trigger off of dealing a wound to a hero.

I would slightly prefer for the ability to work only after destroying a figure, but I'd be fine either way. I still don't love that the ability involves an (admittedly minor) memory mechanic in order to remember whether or not Vlad activated Brutality during the current round, especially given how many other attack and defense buffs there are in the master set so far, but if everyone else is okay with it I won't make a big deal about it.

It's also not clear to me whether the attack buff from Brutality is intended to stack with multiple kills/wounds dealt. Going by the power as written I believe that the buff would stack, if for example Vlad killed figures on order markers one and two, during his third turn he and adjacent figures would get +2 attack. However, I'm not sure that was how the power was intended to work when first suggested?
Old July 31st, 2020, 06:17 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I think simplest is best - he destroys one figure, he buffs himself and all adjacent by one. Requires a destroy, and it doesn't stack.

If we need to, we can make it an experience marker mechanic, but I don't think we do need to right now.
Old August 1st, 2020, 06:31 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I think simplest is best - he destroys one figure, he buffs himself and all adjacent by one. Requires a destroy, and it doesn't stack.
This is what I think works best. I'd hate for him to start jacking Romans up to high valhalla just because he managed to wound a couple minis.

Quote:
BRUTALITY
When Vlad destroys at least 1 figure, for the rest of the round he and all figures with a range of 1 adjacent to him add 1 to their attack.
This should prevent stacking.

Also, for the record, I'd prefer we call his second power Paralyzing Stare to keep the number of new powers down. And we certainly can't call it Whip

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 5th, 2020, 02:33 PM

I'm good with both of those.
Old August 16th, 2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
This is what I think works best. I'd hate for him to start jacking Romans up to high valhalla just because he managed to wound a couple minis.

Quote:
BRUTALITY
When Vlad destroys at least 1 figure, for the rest of the round he and all figures with a range of 1 adjacent to him add 1 to their attack.
This should prevent stacking.

Also, for the record, I'd prefer we call his second power Paralyzing Stare to keep the number of new powers down. And we certainly can't call it Whip
To me, even with this wording it is still somewhat ambiguous whether Brutality would stack if he killed multiple figures over multiple turns. How would you all feel about this?

Quote:
If Vlad has destroyed at least 1 figure this round, he and all friendly figures adjacent to him with a range of 1 add 1 to their attack.
As far as the naming of his second power goes, the only reason it might be best to use a name other than Paralyzing Stare is that the original power has a range of 6. If we do name it Paralyzing Stare I think it would be best to keep the range consistent, but that would also seem a little out of place for a melee character.
Old August 17th, 2020, 06:02 PM

We could name the first power something like Bloodrage and second Brutality.
Old October 10th, 2020, 10:56 AM
I could go

Quote:
If Vlad has destroyed at least 1 figure this round, he and all friendly figures adjacent to him with a range of 1 add 1 to their attack.
That's a fine power text.

Since Vlad hasn't been touched in a bit, I think we should just go with Cruelty for the second power and call it good enough to go into public review.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 10th, 2020, 11:11 AM

Sounds good. If we could update the OP with my suggested text for Brutality, and change the text for Cruelty 13 to more perfectly match the precedent set by Whip 12, I think we should be good for public review.
Old October 10th, 2020, 11:35 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Brutality affects enemy figures as well?
That is really cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs