Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: White Knight's Kanto Pokemon (1 - 151)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
It's too soon to judge right now, but after one playtest Rhyhorn seems about right at 90-100 points. Rhyhorn's 6 Defense is pretty formidable, but it's not unstoppable.
You make a good point. I was thinking a possible attack of 8 would warrant at least 100 points, but really that only hurts heroes (overkill vs squads), and straight line movement means heroes can stay out of the way. Rhyhorn is only scary when you get backed into a corner, which is cool.
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:41 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Just an FYI, Bulbasaur is only grass. He's not poison until he evolves

I'm a real nitpick, aren't I? regardless, these are some great cards. I have many, many pokemon figures , and though they may be a little large for heroscape, I will enjoy using these cards.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:55 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post

I'm a real nitpick, aren't I? regardless, these are some great cards. I have many, many pokemon figures , and though they may be a little large for heroscape, I will enjoy using these cards.
Nope, Bulbasaur has always been Grass/Poison.
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

Lord Pyre is right.

All official information taken from Bulbapedia.
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:08 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
It's too soon to judge right now, but after one playtest Rhyhorn seems about right at 90-100 points. Rhyhorn's 6 Defense is pretty formidable, but it's not unstoppable.
You make a good point. I was thinking a possible attack of 8 would warrant at least 100 points, but really that only hurts heroes (overkill vs squads), and straight line movement means heroes can stay out of the way. Rhyhorn is only scary when you get backed into a corner, which is cool.
I was looking for 90-100 point heroes to playtest against Rhyhorn and decided to use Ne-gok-sa.

Comparing Rhyhorn with Ne-gok-sa:

RHYHORN

NE-GOK-SA

Rhyhorn and Ne-Gok-Sa pretty much have the same stats (Move 5, Range 1, Attack 3, Defense 6).

- Ne-Gok-Sa has 2 more life than Rhyhorn and has Mindshackle.

- Rhyhorn has Charge (for a possible attack of 8 ), but it has Water Weakness and Straight Line Movement.

Playtest Results
I did a quick playtest, and Ne-Gok-Sa was able to get adjacent to Rhyhorn without being Charged. At that point, it's a 5 Life figure against a 3 Life figure with the same stats-->and Ne-Gok-Sa also has Mindshackle.

In the first game, Rhyhorn rolled really well and somehow beat Ne-Gok-Sa even without charge and without winning initiative.

In the second game, Ne-Gok-Sa Mindshackled Rhyhorn on the first roll and the game was over.

I'm thinking now that 90 points is about right.
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM

Pokemon Battle #1

I ran a Pokemon battle last night using 400 point armies of 6 Pokemon each.

The battle was played on my custom battlefield:

Knight's Canyon Road

Team #1 (Team Hitmonchan)
Golbat (60 pts)
Hitmonchan (100 pts)
Clefable (100 pts)
Dratini (75 pts)
Diglett (40 pts)
Eevee (25 pts)

Team #2 (Team Charmeleon)
Magnemite (70 pts)
Charmeleon (120 pts)
Sandshrew (50 pts)
Geodude (60 pts)
Clefairy (80 pts)
Caterpie (10 pts)

Battle Summary
Team Hitmonchan's initial strategy: send out Golbat to try to confuse some of the opponent's Pokemon. Then follow up with Hitmonchan to take them out.

Team Charmeleon's initial strategy: send out Magnemite (using the road bonus) to quickly attack the opponent's start zone. Send out Charmeleon after that.

Skirmish #1
Magnemite ignored Golbat and went straight for Hitmonchan--causing one wound. Hitmonchan used his Comet Punch and caused 2 wounds. Magnemite couldn't cause another wound and Hitmonchan took it out.

Skirmish #2
Golbat used Confuse Ray and confused Charmeleon. Charmeleon (confused) move down the road to a place 6 clear sight spaces away from Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan used Comet Punch (with 8 attack!) and caused 3 wounds. Charmeleon (confused again) moved again to exactly 6 clear sight spaces away from Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan used Comet Punch again (with 8 attack!) and Charmeleon was out.

(Note: this was a big surprise, because in playtests Charmeleon almost always earned his 120 points.)

Skirmish #3
With things looking rather grim for Team Charmeleon, Sandshrew and Clefairy moved forward. Golbat confused Sandshrew, but Clefairy was able to move forward and attack Hitmonchan. After trading some blows (and several successful Sand Attacks), Hitmonchan was able to take out Clefairy but Sandshrew was able to finish off both Hitmonchan and Golbat.

Skirmish #4
Dratini and Geodude both moved the center of the map. Geodude was able to wound Dratini, but Dratini used Slam and took out Sandshrew. Geodude finished off Dratini.

End of Battle
Geodude and Caterpie fought bravely, but Diglett and Clefable were able to win the battle. Eevee never got out of the starting zone.

Summary

Hitmonchan
Hitmonchan was way too powerful for 100 points. 4 attacks of 2 is strong, but with height it's 4 attacks of 3--that's almost Fen Hydra powerful.

Recommendations: I'm going to change Hitmonchan to 120 points and change Rapid Punch to the following:

Rapid Punch
When attacking a figure whole base is on the same level as this Hitmonchan's base with a normal attack, you may attack 3 additional times.

Hitmonchan still gets 4 attacks, but it can't get height advantage so it's always an attack of 2.

Golbat
Confusion is almost too unbalancing. Not only does a figure lose a turn on a roll of 1-12, but it's easy to set them up for height advantage or for attacks that increase with distance such as Charge (Rhyhorn) and Rapid Punch. It's also almost instant death on a battlefield with lava.

Suggestion: Change it to a straight line movement.

Confusion
Before moving a figure with a Confusion Status Marker, you must roll the 20-sided die.
On a roll of 1-12, the opponent to your left must choose a straight-line direction away from the Confused figure. Move that figure it's maximum movement, if possible, in that direction. That figure may not move or attack that turn. Figures moved by Confusion never take leaving engagement attacks.
On a roll of 13 or higher, remove the Confusion Status Marker.

I think it will reduce the impact of Confusion, and set up some strategy on lava maps where you want to avoid straight-line paths to lava.

Golbat should also probably be 80 points instead of 60 because of Confuse Ray. Maybe even 100 points.

Clefairy/Clefable Metronome
I love this attack, even though it's usually not that powerful (and during the battle Clefairy did both Splash and Dragon Puff--0 attack moves).

Geodude
Geodude was fun to play, especially with all the rock tiles on this battlefield.

Diglett
Dig Special Attack was fun to use and very thematic.

Overall
Overall, the Pokemon battle was a lot of fun. I'll make the above changes and try the battle again.

Last edited by White Knight; April 17th, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:20 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

I stand corrected!

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:10 PM

MegaBunnySuicide Woo who?

Man, this stuff is awesome. I'm going to have to order a whole bunch of Pokemon figures off of eBay now!
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:44 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

For Hitmonchan, you could always just make it a special attack. That way it can't be modified with height advantage!
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
For Hitmonchan, you could always just make it a special attack. That way it can't be modified with height advantage!
I thought about that, but then I'd have to decide what to do for Hitmonchan's normal attack. I'd probably have to increase it to at least 3 or 4 to make it something someone would use. And I didn't want to give it a 3rd attack if I didn't have to.

Also, some defenses such as Sandshrew's Sand Attack only work against normal attacks. That situation actually came up in a game last night--Sandshrew Sand Attacking Hitmonchan so it couldn't attack.
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:29 AM

Pokemon Battle #2

I ran a second Pokemon battle last night using almost the same 400 point armies of 6 Pokemon each.

Knight's Canyon Road

Team #1 (Team Hitmonchan)
Golbat (80 pts)
Hitmonchan (120 pts)
Clefable (100 pts)
Zubat (30 pts)
Diglett (40 pts)
Eevee (25 pts)

Team #2 (Team Charmeleon)
Magnemite (70 pts)
Charmeleon (120 pts)
Sandshrew (50 pts)
Geodude (60 pts)
Clefairy (80 pts)
Caterpie (10 pts)

Battle Results
This battle was a lot closer. Team Hitmonchan won with Diglett (1/3 life left) and Eevee left.

Golbat and Confuse Ray tipped the scales--Charmeleon got confused and rolled really badly to try to remove the Confusion. Golbat was able to attack from height almost every time against Charmeleon (as Charmeleon ran confused back and forth between two hills). With a 5 attack (4+ height), Golbat was able to take out Charmeleon. I'm thinking Golbat should be around 100 points. Or I might lower his Attack to 3 since his main strength is Confuse Ray.

In the end, it was Geodude and Caterpie versus Diglett and Eevee. Unfortunately (for Team Charmeleon), Geodude is weak against Ground-type moves, so Diglett was able to take it out with Dig. Squirtle might have done better in that situation.

Overall, this was much more competitive and a lot of fun to play.

One note: Hitmonchan's Comet Punch should say that Hitmonchan does not take leaving engagement attacks when using Comet Punch.
Nevermind. This is unnecessary, since Hitmonchan cannot attack a non-adjacent figure if it is engaged with an enemy figure.

Last edited by White Knight; April 24th, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:47 AM

Pokemon Versus Official Units Battle #1:
Team Hydra versus Team Charmeleon

After testing Pokemon against Pokemon, I realized that I was having a hard time trying to decide which Pokemon were priced correctly. So I decided to test the Pokemon against official non-bonding heroes.

Knight's Canyon Road

Team #1 (Team Charmeleon)
Magnemite (70 pts)
Charmeleon (120 pts)
Sandshrew (50 pts)
Geodude (60 pts)
Clefairy (80 pts)
Caterpie (10 pts)

Team #2 (Team Hydra)
Fen Hydra (120 pts)
Raelin (RotV) (80 pts)
Earth Elemental (35 pts)
Dumatef Guard (25 pts)
Fire Elemental (35 pts)
Iron Golem (100 pts)

Battle Results
Spoiler Alert!

Team Charmeleon wins with only Caterpie left.

Summary
Overall, this was an incredibly fun and close battle. There were several critical dice rolls where one skull or shield would have completely changed the tide of the battle. If the Fen Hydra had destroyed Charmeleon, it would have torn up the rest of Team Charmeleon. If Sand Attack had failed one more time, the Iron Golem would probably have finished off Team Charmeleon.

All of the Pokemon seemed pretty balanced, but I expected this since Charmeleon, Magnemite, and Sandshrew have all be through playtesting. Geodude is the one Pokemon I think might be overpriced, but going against the Iron Golem was a poor matchup. (So it really didn't tell me anything.)

The best part? Seeing Caterpie take out the Earth Elemental and win the game!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards