Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 28th, 2023, 07:11 PM

DarthLegolas is surprisingly tart
DarthLegolas' Customs (New Agents)

I'm trying to get involved in the custom community as I'm a huge fan in the game and am fascinated by game design. Now that I've realized that it's common courtesy to keep all of one's customs in a single thread, I've moved all of mine to this and threw in my latest creation. Regardless if they're older or newer, have a card or just exists as texts, I hope you enjoy checking them out and am open to all criticism and feedback.

Latest Creation:

Far in the future, the humans of Earth found themselves facing foes of unworldly origins. With biologies beyond their knowledge, the leaders of Earth had to adapt fast. New technology evolved and the Alternate Life Response Unit was born as a countermeasure for unprecedented threats.

The ALRU Task Force
Vydar

Species: Human
Unique Squad (3)
Class: Soldiers
Personality: Precise
Size: Medium 5

Life: 1
Move: 6
Range: 4
Attack: 2
Defense: 3

Bio Scan Dart
Start the game with 1 Cyan Scan Marker on this army card. After a member of The ALRU Task Force attacks an opposing figure that is not a human or soulborg with a normal attack and inflicts 1 or more wounds, you may choose to inflict 1 less wound to move the Scan Marker from this card onto the defending figure’s army card. When the last figure on that army card (or cards if your opponent has more than one common card for that unit) is destroyed, return the Scan Marker to this army card.

Precision Plasma Special Attack
Range: 8 Attack: 2
Instead of attacking normally, one of the members of The ALRU Task Force may use Precision Plasma Special Attack. If the target of this attack has a Scan marker on its army card, roll 3 additional attack dice. Members of The ALRU Task Force can never be targeted by a Precision Plasma Special Attack.

Chinese Dragon
Spoiler Alert!

Kaptain Krug and Krew
Spoiler Alert!

Changeling(s)
Spoiler Alert!

Klaniva
Spoiler Alert!

Big Foot
Spoiler Alert!

Bergthor the Viking Champion
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by DarthLegolas; September 2nd, 2023 at 07:43 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2023, 09:57 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: DarthLegolas' Customs (New Agents)

Kaptain Krug is pretty cool (his crew not as much, Scrappy might need some clauses to prevent things from getting confusing. Also if you have space a "must still have a black powder marker" could be a thematic requirement for Last Trick). Although Krug might be too expensive.

For the Chinese Dragon, have you considered combining the 5 claw requirement with his aura? Something that makes him a showstopper (per old thread discussion) against armies but weak to a hero (thus keeping his points to a spot where you can still afford to have an army to benefit from his aura).

The ALRU Task Force might be your best custom yet. Having that moment where you realize they just became way more powerful, with the counterbalance that they can become much weaker at any time because they are a unique squad. Swingy but interesting.
Old September 2nd, 2023, 07:44 PM

DarthLegolas is surprisingly tart
Re: DarthLegolas' Customs (New Agents)

Words in blue are my response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Kaptain Krug is pretty cool (his crew not as much, Scrappy might need some clauses to prevent things from getting confusing. Also if you have space a "must still have a black powder marker" could be a thematic requirement for Last Trick). Although Krug might be too expensive.

I went ahead and renamed Kaptain Krug to just Krug to follow along with the "no uniques of the same name" rule. I also reduced his point cost to 150 rather than 160. I don't think he should be as cheap as DW 9000 as they have a similar special attack while Krug is going to remain harder to kill and has a better synergy ability with the Buccaneers. He doesn't have the versatility of Sonlen or the army presence of the Marro Hive so perhaps 150 fits Krug well. If I ever get some playtesting accomplished, that would help narrow it down.

I've greatly altered the Buccaneers, I think for the better. Inspired by your suggestion, I've focused in on the Black Powder gimmick and I think this has helped give them a more consistent trappers/tricksters identity, always having something crazy up their sleeves. I increased the amount of markers they get and decreased their attack value to emphasize their unique uses blackpowder more. As of this change, I've left them at 75 pnts. Combustive Landing is better than the original Scrappy, but Last Trick has been nerfed and still requires a Gobbo to die which is usually something you don't want to spend a lot of points on.

For the Chinese Dragon, have you considered combining the 5 claw requirement with his aura? Something that makes him a showstopper (per old thread discussion) against armies but weak to a hero (thus keeping his points to a spot where you can still afford to have an army to benefit from his aura).

So require Lon-Yang to be engaged to several figures to even be able to use Prosperous Luck? That could be interesting and would allow me to make it stronger. As you've stated before, it's rather easy for your opponent to avoid engaging 5 troops on one figure. Maybe drop it down to 3 engagements? Or increase the range by 1 for each engagement, much like the current Five Claw. At that point, I probably would drop Five Claw itself. The cards getting convoluted to the extent that's its lacking focus. I think I like the idea and will contemplate it. might change him later.

The ALRU Task Force might be your best custom yet. Having that moment where you realize they just became way more powerful, with the counterbalance that they can become much weaker at any time because they are a unique squad. Swingy but interesting.

That is very exciting to hear! Love to see that me and my concepts are getting better. Makes me want to playtest them and pinpoint their point cost.
As always, thanks for the help. Do you have any customs I can check out?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards