Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 24th, 2006, 07:17 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Feekonea's custom cards-3 cards added

For some reason the custom card generator wont let me put my pics on here, does anyone know whats up?

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:25 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Are you using Ylikones card generator?

Desert Scourge is an interesting idea from the start - similar to the Tagawa Samurai. I reckon you would definately need to limit how many attack/defence tokens they can benefit from, or they will get way too tough. How many figures are in that unit? Which models will you use? Looks good!
Old November 1st, 2006, 07:42 PM

Ya I am, For some reason that gimp thing won't work for me. I plan on getting photoshop too though.

Ya I forgot to add how many are in each squad, sorry.

the desert scourge has 3, and yes they do have a limit up to 3 markers each, I guess I should add that.

the centaurs have 3

the gunners have 2

and thescabbersa have 3

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old November 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM

fuzzysadist has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by feekonea
the desert scourge has 3, and yes they do have a limit up to 3 markers each, I guess I should add that.
3 each seems pretty hefty for a 65pt army. I'd make it '3 combined' or up the point total.

Fuzzy
Old November 1st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Re: Feekonea's custom cards (..and would need a lil help ple

Ok, initial findings:

Desert Scourge:
Change "Men" to "Humans"
I'd definately restrict "The Hunted", as Rob said, to a total of 3 (or 5) markers on the card.
How many figures in the squad? If 4 - up the cost to 90. If 3 - thats cool. If 2 - give them an additional defence (up to 3) and reduce cost to 60.

Nice idea; with work and cool figures could be a cool custom.

Zul:
For Cutthroat to be halfway effective, reduce Zul's attack to 2 (3 max); at 5 it's first hardly likely to happen, and second, if you roll 5 skulls, there isnt too much that can defend it anyway! As a goblin, he ought to be quite pathetic, even compared to a grut. I say, attack down to 2, points down to 50. Maybe defence up to 4.

Again, I actually like the cutthroat power. A quite original and nice ability. I do like this custom - hope the figure is cool

Grinaktakx:
You can remove "...when defending." from the Bretheren Leadership ability.
Other than that, I think the cost is actually quite fair. Nice stats, though I think 6 move would keep him in theme, and mean he's likely to get off a couple of attacks before dieing cause of his low life. Any suggestions I could make would be to make him a troll as opposed to a gobline - I cant see a gobline with 5 Att/Def! But a troll is understandable, and shove that move up to 6; and at 75 points, he's not bad.

Centaurs of Ehse:
Need to shuffle the personality text around to align it more.
I think 4 defence is way too high if they are Tough too. Reduce defence to 2, I think, maybe 3. Gallop is cool, I like that - similar to the Kozuke power, but cool. How many figures in this squad?
If you change defence to 2; id say 2 figs= 50 points, 3 figs= 75 points, 4 figs= 100 points. Needs playtesting definately though.

Troll Gunners:
All round a nice squad. Again, how many figures? Quite fairly priced; but id make them a tad more interesting and put a minor limit-break into the wildfire. Maybe up the range to 6, but make the target have to be in range of all 3 (or 4) figures? Or something like that

Troll Scabbers:
ARGH! UTGARS ORDERS! NO!!!!
Make it bonding and you have a useful squad. Reduce attack/defence to 2 (one or the other) and change the orders to bonding with Goblin, Troll or Trolticor Heroes, and 50 points feels ok for 3 or 4 figures. Is Soldiers the best class for them, too? Warriors maybe?

Ok, I know it may feel like I've ripped some of these customs apart, but the truth is, I like all of them. Each has a bit of flavour and "fun" to it, and some have some really cool abilities (I *love* Cutthroat); but im just trying to be constructively critical I appreciate it myself, so I hope you do, too.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old November 1st, 2006, 08:17 PM

Re: Feekonea's custom cards (..and would need a lil help ple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
Ok, initial findings:

Desert Scourge:
Change "Men" to "Humans"
I'd definately restrict "The Hunted", as Rob said, to a total of 3 (or 5) markers on the card.
How many figures in the squad? If 4 - up the cost to 90. If 3 - thats cool. If 2 - give them an additional defence (up to 3) and reduce cost to 60.

Nice idea; with work and cool figures could be a cool custom.

Zul:
For Cutthroat to be halfway effective, reduce Zul's attack to 2 (3 max); at 5 it's first hardly likely to happen, and second, if you roll 5 skulls, there isnt too much that can defend it anyway! As a goblin, he ought to be quite pathetic, even compared to a grut. I say, attack down to 2, points down to 50. Maybe defence up to 4.

Again, I actually like the cutthroat power. A quite original and nice ability. I do like this custom - hope the figure is cool

Grinaktakx:
You can remove "...when defending." from the Bretheren Leadership ability.
Other than that, I think the cost is actually quite fair. Nice stats, though I think 6 move would keep him in theme, and mean he's likely to get off a couple of attacks before dieing cause of his low life. Any suggestions I could make would be to make him a troll as opposed to a gobline - I cant see a gobline with 5 Att/Def! But a troll is understandable, and shove that move up to 6; and at 75 points, he's not bad.

Centaurs of Ehse:
Need to shuffle the personality text around to align it more.
I think 4 defence is way too high if they are Tough too. Reduce defence to 2, I think, maybe 3. Gallop is cool, I like that - similar to the Kozuke power, but cool. How many figures in this squad?
If you change defence to 2; id say 2 figs= 50 points, 3 figs= 75 points, 4 figs= 100 points. Needs playtesting definately though.

Troll Gunners:
All round a nice squad. Again, how many figures? Quite fairly priced; but id make them a tad more interesting and put a minor limit-break into the wildfire. Maybe up the range to 6, but make the target have to be in range of all 3 (or 4) figures? Or something like that

Troll Scabbers:
ARGH! UTGARS ORDERS! NO!!!!
Make it bonding and you have a useful squad. Reduce attack/defence to 2 (one or the other) and change the orders to bonding with Goblin, Troll or Trolticor Heroes, and 50 points feels ok for 3 or 4 figures. Is Soldiers the best class for them, too? Warriors maybe?

Ok, I know it may feel like I've ripped some of these customs apart, but the truth is, I like all of them. Each has a bit of flavour and "fun" to it, and some have some really cool abilities (I *love* Cutthroat); but im just trying to be constructively critical I appreciate it myself, so I hope you do, too.

first of all dont say your sorry. I actually love ctritisim (sp?). Zul is wicked cool too.hes like this blue goblin crouching with this dagger over his head. Ok now moving on...

I fixed the desert scourge, I made their abibilty go to a maximum of 4 markers combined.

for zul, if you look at his fig, this guy was meant to have a high attack power. But I guess Ill cope with three attack dice and thendo the cutthroat with it. should I change it to small and medium sized figs too?

for Grinaktakx. this guy is loaded with armor. LOADED. I gave him those cuz armor makes you slower, but it also gives you more defense, so thats why I did it. I dont think I'll change this guy.

For troll gunners, Ill make them all be able to see the target and all have the target in range, forgot about that one.

for troll scabbers, ill change their defense down to 4, and make them bond.

Since I finally got some comments and encouragement ill post a few more cards tonight, and maybe even post the cards pics.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old November 1st, 2006, 08:20 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Great stuff, Feekonea. Bring on those Desert Scourges!
Old November 1st, 2006, 08:30 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
As for Zul - look at Krug! He has 2 attack base, and yet he's a massive green piece of death! It's his wounded smash that makes him lethal; likewise, Cutthroat is more powerful the less attack dice you roll. But I see what you mean - your call

All in all, your figs, your call. If you post pic's its easier for us to visualise the powers/stats and see where youre coming from. Keep up the good work.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old November 1st, 2006, 09:22 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart
Nice cards! do you have figures for them in mind?

Old November 1st, 2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38
Nice cards! do you have figures for them in mind?
yes its just that I cant get the flippin eiubhcvdjhbfcvdkjbv figures to get up there, Everyway I've tried doesnt work. I'm horrible at the computer too, so I have no idea what Im doing.

*a few more cards have been added*

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:37 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Some really good ideas there feekonea !

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards